Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Twilight: Eclipse

My wife and I went to see the new Twilight film yesterday.
    It is a huge improvment over the last two installments, however, that isnt saying much.

While the story was a little deeper and the fight scenes were well done, There is still way to much teenage soap action going on for the movie to be enjoyed for over 30 seconds before you want to slap yourself for watching it.

And this just in...

Vampires are now made of ICE.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Twilight is one of those movies that attracted hordes of Fangirls who are stupid enough to think a pile of crap is a "Saga". The books, the movies, the fanbase, all stupid. Wish it would just go away.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh people have different tastes. When I was a kid little girls wanted to be brittany spears. Hell some people like Richard Knaak's writing.

I think I read somewhere the perfect explanation fo the twilight movies.. something like "If your a fan of the books then you'll love the movie. If you dont read twilight and your not a emotionally confused 14 year old girl then you probably wont like it."

sparkly vampires!!! wth

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

the only alright part where edward bit that red heads neck

also anybody notice there was no fangs?

1,000,000,000 Gighrz Quad Core Duo, over 9000 gigs of ram, on board gfx card

10+ Year Old Account
    Twilight fans have no taste. True Story.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Deleted
    "Edward, being a thirteen-year-old girl, thinks Bella has died and goes to Italy to commit suicide. He attempts to do this by exposing himself to the sun at noon in an Italian town. Since sunlight doesn't actually harm Twilight vampires, one must assume that Edward is hoping some macho Italians will see him in at full sparkle and beat him to death for being gay."

love that quote from the site! Never seen the movies nor read the books, and honest to god never will, but it's impossible with all the media today, not to have noticed what it's about, and one of my friends, a girl, luckily, loves the movies (She's weird though ^^). It's kinda nice to see something getting trashed like that, after it has being hyped up. Someone really needs to put these confused girls back to sanity, as hard as that might be. This culture around Twilight is really disgusting and scary to watch.
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2010-07-05 at 10:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, f a man/boy told me he actually liked Twilight, no offense, I would loose all respect for them.

They are chick books and movies. I know it's crazy but we like different things from you. I doubt men will ever understand why women are so crazy about Twilight but there's no need to. They are aimed at girls and the way our emotions work. You aren't ment to like it. =]

[QUOTE=Myrrar;8255332]Tbh, f a man/boy told me he actually liked Twilight, no offense, I would loose all respect for them.
    QUOTE]

Huge double standard. You think a guy would respect you less if you liked Happy Gilmore or Billy Madison? Exact... Same... Thing...

But I still cant help but agree with you. lol
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Mijen;8255490]
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Tbh, f a man/boy told me he actually liked Twilight, no offense, I would loose all respect for them.
    QUOTE]

Huge double standard. You think a guy would respect you less if you liked Happy Gilmore or Billy Madison? Exact... Same... Thing...

But I still cant help but agree with you. lol
    Ever type a completely incoherent sentence and read over it and realize how dumb it is? just did that and deleted it :P Anyway, Like stated above, women are different and guys really don't always understand, and as a whole probably will always have a sense of "women don't like 'that'" Why do chicks like twilight? well.. flip the situation around..

A lonely anti-social guy meets a Vampire chick who fights other vampires and a werewolf chick who constantly walks around with no shirt.

Put into perspective? I think so.

The thing with Twilight is that its not basing its success on the good story, or the interesting characters and their development over the 4 books, its the people whom they cast and the goal they had while doing this.

Music "producers" have been using this trick since the 90's, you cast good looking boys, make them look metrosexual and little girls will go wild for them and buy anything with their heads on it.

I've seen the first 2 movies on the internet and i saw Eclipse a few days ago with my girlfriend and it's still a decent movie for going straight to DVD.

I mean the amount of money the movie generated surely should have enabled them to atleast use some devent CGI, the scenes at Cullen mansion with the faulty CGI background and the Snowy mountain scenery look cheap and horrible.
    Then the acting, its poor.
    Kristin Steward acts like she has to take a big poopoo all the time.
    "RPATZ" is at the same level as when he portrayed a common wizard in Harry Potter, and Werewolf dude.....He had to compensate his acting skills with a buffed body to make the girls and boys drool in the cinema.
    They even put a small one liner in the film commenting on the fact that werewolf dude doesnt own a shirt.
    Where was my lingerie scene with Victoria and Rosalie? It would have made my 2+ hours more interesting.

I've read the plot of Breaking Dawn and apart from a Half undead baby and Bella turned into a vampire its even more BLah and totally not worth 2 films.

I don't know if the books are poorly translated to the screen or that the books are just as shit, but in the end based on the films its just a average attempt at a romantic mixture of Underworld and Angel with lots of eye candy for girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Irvine, you've got it all wrong. The movies are actually marginally better than the books which can at best be described as poor attempts at fanfiction where women of all ages (yes, ALL ages) picture themselves as Bella (who's purposefully a blank canvas where the reader can easily apply themselves). The fangirls were there long before the movies, and the cinematic rendering was one of those inevitable things that just happen to things girls go crazy about.

The following excerpt summarizes the quality of the Twilight saga and it's contributions to the literary world
    "Aren't you hungry?" he asked, distracted.

"No." I didn't feel like mentioning that my stomach was already full - full of butterflies.

10+ Year Old Account
    i want to see more of this

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/...5-Twilight.jpg

>.<

The actress is so depressing its like she has one tone of voice for EVERYTHING..it's like her vocie wouldn't change from the normal voice even if you told her shes getting a million pounds/ dollars to telling her that her parents were brutally murdered >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Movie bob to the rescue!
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...t-Saga-Eclipse

I fear Twilight after seeing this video.
    For the Emperor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadstep View Post
    The following excerpt summarizes the quality of the Twilight saga and it's contributions to the literary world
    I threw up a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still thing it's a sexist poorly written series which reads like a 14 year old goth girl's dodgy fantasy with a bland main character with no personality whatsoever who isn't able to see the creepiness in a dude who likes to secretely crawl through her window everynight and watch her sleep.

Deleted
    Honestly, Moviebob hit the nail right on the head.
    Apart from the shity style of writing and my generic hate of rob patisson, I don't like the message that this "saga" gives to young girls who read it...
    In times long forgotten the author would have been burned at the stake. (We hope)
    At least we can take consolation from that, and of course that in 5 years this whole shite will be long forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    Twilight is one of those movies that attracted hordes of Fangirls who are stupid enough to think a pile of crap is a "Saga". The books, the movies, the fanbase, all stupid. Wish it would just go away.
    Seriously, Twilight is a good drama movie and the sequels as well. If you don't like drama please don't rant about it and make drama fans angry.

Most people who say that about eclipse didn't like movies such as Titanic, Godfather, Avatar, Just Love... and people who didn't like those should never ever rate drama.

And no, I'm not comparing Twilight to these movies.