Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelger View Post
    Gilneas was opened for ages after magic entered the human world. They only sealed themselves off recently, within the past 20-30 years. The event you mention happened thousand/thousands of years ago.

The curse is not the form itself. The curse is the fact that it's nigh uncontrollable, and that it can spread to others.

Being in the form causes insanity if you're not balanced, and biting someone transfers it to them. It's more of a curse-plague effect. Like the Zombie Invasion.

The gilnean's own druidism seems relatively simple in comparison to night elves' or even high even rangers. Theirs has shown they can 'force' crops to grow when there is drought. Which more or less seems like affixed will power and closeneing the relationship between magi and nature over time.
    Think pagan wizards.
    Last edited by RakuRaku; 2010-07-04 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvangar View Post
    "The high elves also established relations with the Ironforge Dwarves to the far south, when the human nations of Gilneas and Alterac encountered them more than a thousand years later. The two races had no special bond and tended to distrust one another. When allied, it was through their common ties to the humans."

>Gilneas meets elves a thousand years later?
    I think that covers it?
    The High Elves met the Nation of Arathor, which was essentially the parent kingdom of all modern day nations near 3000 years ago. Magic has had plenty of time to spread. Dalaran and the Kirin Tor were present and meeting with Gilneans well before they locked themselves away. The High Elves are not part of this discussion. I've established that magic has existed for all human nations for thousands of years now, including Gilneas.

Quote Originally Posted by RakuRaku View Post
    The gilnean's own druidism seems relatively simple in comparison to night elves' or even high even rangers. Theirs has shown they can 'force' crops to grow when there is drought. Which more or less seems like affixed will power and closeneing the relationship between magi and nature over time.
    Right, as I said, it's more along the lines of primitive Druidisim. They're essentially, at this time, "nature" mages.

The High Elves met the Nation of Arathor, which was essentially the parent kingdom of all modern day nations near 3000 years ago. Magic has had plenty of time to spread. Dalaran and the Kirin Tor were present and meeting with Gilneans well before they locked themselves away. The High Elves are not part of this discussion. I've established that magic has existed for all human nations for thousands of years now, including Gilneas.

Right, as I said, it's more along the lines of primitive Druidisim. They're essentially, at this time, "nature" mages.
    I really hope they expand upon it. It's very celtic-esque.

The curse is not the form itself. The curse is the fact that it's nigh uncontrollable, and that it can spread to others.

Being in the form causes insanity if you're not balanced, and biting someone transfers it to them. It's more of a curse-plague effect. Like the Zombie Invasion.
    More accurately, like a werewolf in stories, they get the whole werewolf thing after being bitten by another werewolf if I'm not mistaken.
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

I really hope they expand upon it. It's very celtic-esque.
    That's what I thought. It reminded me of real life druids. That's probably the feel they're going for. They're already going for the victorian London feel for civilized Gilneas, makes sense to use the pagan druid side of it as well to introduce their "human" druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Elizabeth View Post
    More accurately, like a werewolf in stories, they get the whole werewolf thing after being bitten by another werewolf if I'm not mistaken.
    Right. I just really wanted to reference the Zombie Invasion. That was good times.

That's what I thought. It reminded me of real life druids. That's probably the feel they're going for. They're already going for the victorian London feel for civilized Gilneas, makes sense to use the pagan druid side of it as well to introduce their "human" druids.

Right. I just really wanted to reference the Zombie Invasion. That was good times.
    I really like the idea. It's basically showing us there are differant ways to achieve a certain 'power'. The night elves have had their way for thousands of years. Gilnean humans have their more primitive way. Reminds me with how many differant ways there are to call upon the light.

On that note, what about the light? Are worgen priests shadowmenders or lightwielders?

Also, Afaik, there are likely a few high elven worgen.

Hell, they're might possibly be orc or troll worgen. If there are, they'd be feral and have no control over the curse. Just my two cents.

What about Witchcraft? Aren't Witches supposed to work magic through nature? I know I'm saying random things that might not even be part of WoW lore, but I remember a witch in particular from a manga called Berserk, that used a lot of power from nature for her magic. Though I don't know if those kind of "Witches" exist in WoW....
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress

I really like the idea. It's basically showing us there are differant ways to achieve a certain 'power'. The night elves have had their way for thousands of years. Gilnean humans have their more primitive way. Reminds me with how many differant ways there are to call upon the light.

On that note, what about the light? Are worgen priests shadowmenders or lightwielders?

Also, Afaik, there are likely a few high elven worgen. Hell, they're might possibly be orc or troll worgen. If there are, they'd be feral and have know control over the curse. Just my two cents.
    As far as I know, they use the Light. The only reason they can't be paladins that I've heard is that they don't have the self control that it requires.

After all, they're worgen, humanity intact or not, they've got feral urges and an inherent viciousness to them.
    What about Witchcraft? Aren't Witches supposed to work magic through nature? I know I'm saying random things that might not even be part of WoW lore, but I remember a witch in particular from a manga called Berserk, that used a lot of power from nature for her magic. Though I don't know if those kind of "Witches" exist in WoW....
    Probably not. Most witches of the time period were considered to have made deals with the devil, if you recall. Now a days, most people still associate witches with that. I'm all for it, I'm just saying that opinion would probably be against it.

If I saw a warlock roleplaying a witch on my server, I honestly wouldn't argue against it. Witches in fantasy have been known to employ dark magic into their spells and and ritual. Wiccans and 'real' witches have been known to employ nature magic. So a worgen warlock/druid witch isn't too much of a stetch, especially with the victorian-esque worgen being introduced into Warcraft.

Also, Afaik, there are likely a few high elven worgen.

Hell, they're might possibly be orc or troll worgen. If there are, they'd be feral and have no control over the curse. Just my two cents.
    Your post reminds me about no worgen apaladins and makes me sad.. : [

But anyway, I bet they are lightwielders, they got their own church in their city don't they?

If I saw a warlock roleplaying a witch on my server, I honestly wouldn't argue against it. Witches in fantasy have been known to employ dark magic into their spells and and ritual. Wiccans and 'real' witches have been known to employ nature magic. So a worgen warlock/druid witch isn't too much of a stetch, especially with the victorian-esque worgen being introduced into Warcraft.
    There is that. Then again, the current "druids" can just be male druids, and female wiccans.

That way everyone wins! Not that it really matters, since you become a real druid shortly afterwards.

Your post reminds me about no worgen apaladins and makes me sad.. : [

But anyway, I bet they are lightwielders, they got their own church in their city don't they?
    They do, and they still are. They just don't have the self control to be Paladins.

There is that. Then again, the current "druids" can just be male druids, and female wiccans.

That way everyone wins! Not that it really matters, since you become a real druid shortly afterwards.
    *Shakes fist* Damn humans and their adaptive nature!

Perhaps if we're lucky, nature-mages might pop up elsewhere. =D

*Shakes fist* Damn humans and their adaptive nature!

Perhaps if we're lucky, nature-mages might pop up elsewhere. =D
    Well, I mean, you could probably still consider yourself one if you just never change your form. Be a boomkin without the kin.

Well, I mean, you could probably still consider yourself one if you just never change your form. Be a boomkin without the kin.
    I might actually try something like that. If I can get the nerve to actually level a druid.

I -love- all the lore, the class, and the forms. It's the leveling of one I can't stand.

I might actually try something like that. If I can get the nerve to actually level a druid.

I -love- all the lore, the class, and the forms. It's the leveling of one I can't stand.
    I got like 5-6 alts I have to make come Cata.

Though I actually enjoy the leveling part, it's just I couldn't stand the old world anymore. Well that's about to change!

Tempted to delete a few 80s. xD Though relevling a paladin and a hunter shouldn't be too much trouble, shaman neither. I love leveling those.

Maybe all other races have genes that give them immunity to this curse.

Leveling a druid is awesome! If you played as a spell caster / rogue before, you are set to go.

I on my hand though, leveled the hot blooded way, mauling my way through things as a bear... I loved mauling :/ but I cant anymore since my account is inactive.

Also I'm pretty interested in just how one starts the starting zone of gilneas, I've heard you start as a normal human and then afterward you get worgen form.... but I still am confused on how druids will start out, seeing they have all those druid spells before actually being a worgen...

Do you guys know if they meet with Night Elves before they go out of the starting zone? Or are they taught by other worgens the druidic magic?

Leveling a druid is awesome! If you played as a spell caster / rogue before, you are set to go.

I on my hand though, leveled the hot blooded way, mauling my way through things as a bear... I loved mauling :/ but I cant anymore since my account is inactive.

Also I'm pretty interested in just how one starts the starting zone of gilneas, I've heard you start as a normal human and then afterward you get worgen form.... but I still am confused on how druids will start out, seeing they have all those druid spells before actually being a worgen...

Do you guys know if they meet with Night Elves before they go out of the starting zone? Or are they taught by other worgens the druidic magic?
    They start as a human "nature mage." IE, they have some influence over nature. They used their powers to force crops to grow in Gilneas, which is how it sustained itself in its isolation.

They learn to control it a bit more, then they get inflicted with the curse, yadda yadda, so on so forth. Then they meet the NE druids and become actual druids from that point on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusher View Post
    Maybe all other races have genes that give them immunity to this curse.
    I doubt it myself, I'm more inclined to believe other races simply lost themselves to the curse and are mindless worgens that we kill left and right throughout the world.

One thing I wanted to ask now that immunity came to the table is.... when the worgen were used against the scourge, did they had a resistance to the plague or something? Because I remember reading something about them being "very effective" against it, and I kind of thought it was implied that they did in fact had a resistance against the undead plague. Anyone could tell me?