Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

How can Sylvanas control the raised dead?

I mean, resurrection sounds pretty logical with val'kyrs, but when Arthas was resurrecting fallen soldiers into death knights, he had them under his command, binding their will through the helm and the Frostmourne. But when he lost his grip, death knights regained their memory and pledged allegiance to their former leaders. Sylvanas talks about ressing dead soldiers as a mean of procreation for the Forsaken - this means they will be ressed as a normal beings, not mindless zombies. So how could you make the former member of the Alliance to serve the Horde whilst he remembers everything about his identity and destiny? What do ya think?

Convince them that the alliance won't accept your new monstrous state? A chance to be with their own kind?

Just throwing ideas out there, but yeah, Sylvannas doesn't have the power of the lich king, so how could she command them like the LK did. When the Valkries rezzed people, they were submitted to the will of the LK, not the Valkries I believe.

Undead don't think the same way as living ones.
    Death knights seemed to have the greater free will in undeath than their lesser companions.
    Still, you aren't 100% sure what ressing powers the val'kyr hold, nor what is Sylvannas truly planing.

If I'm on red team and I die, then spawn glitch and end up on blue team...I just keep on fighting.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

here's hoping we all get to kill sylvanas (lorewise) someday for being a dick and forcing new people to live with the curse of undeath.

if ya got rez to life of undeath ya would be angry would you want to take it out on other free willed undead or the living? I choose the living since they scream run in fear and feel pain more.

Alot of ppl still like sylvanas she is the major figure in the forsaken

I always thought the Val'kyr had an influence on all the undead they raised. Even if the lich king is no longer around, I'm sure they can give the newly raised an unexplained affinity towards the forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Charo View Post
    here's hoping we all get to kill sylvanas (lorewise) someday for being a dick and forcing new people to live with the curse of undeath.
    No....

Sylvanas must live!!!! Atleast until alleria comes and we get sum OMFG U JOINED HORDE WTF SIS???????
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

lets see...

the Forsaken...hate(d) Arthas more than anything in the entire universe because he raised them into undeath.

so the Forsaken...raise other people into undeath...and they will like and join the Forsaken ?

how does that work exactly ?

are we just going to ignore the completely obsessive hate driven thirst for revenge that the Forsaken have relentlessly felt for those responsable for their state of being and assume that for some sparklepony reason others wouldnt feel the same towards them ?
    Last edited by sleekit; 2010-07-04 at 11:09 AM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sleekit View Post
    lets see...

the Forsaken...hate(d) Arthas more than anything more in the entire universe because he raised them into undeath.

so the Forsaken...raise other people into undeath...and they will like and join the Forsaken ?

...how does that work exactly ?
    By giving a crazy chick the ability to raise undead. Always those crazy chicks that ruin the day. But its okay because Garrosh will grab her by the neck and hold her over a cliff and yell "YOU ARE DISMISSED" and then drop her.

Quote Originally Posted by sleekit View Post
    lets see...

the Forsaken...hate(d) Arthas more than anything more in the entire universe because he raised them into undeath.

...how does that work exactly ?
    This pretty much. She has no true control over them -only the ability to influence...and how she will decide to "influence" them is what will decide her fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertao The Pro View Post
    This pretty much. She has no true control over them -only the ability to influence...and how she will decide to "influence" them is what will decide her fate.
    Val'kyr can probably mind control...

Personally, if Sylvanas raised me...I'd plant a blade in her throat. I'd either kill her or be (re)killed in the process.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post

Personally, if Sylvanas raised me...I'd plant a blade in her throat. I'd either kill her or be (re)killed in the process.
    I hope my dead puppy that I'm trying to rez by having him buried in the pet cemetery doesn't feel the same way...

Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    I hope my dead puppy that I'm trying to rez by having him buried in the pet cemetery doesn't feel the same way...
    I remember hearing a story about a pet cemetery...I don't remember what it was about, though.

Oh well, probably a good idea.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight View Post
    Being undead changes ones outlook on life.
    Only rational reply in this thread;
    Look at it this way: You're a boring human farmer, farming all day while people fight the evil of this world, there is a cataclysm, a big mean dragon aspect is terrorizing the world. But you're just the human farmer, what you going to do about it. Then comes sylvanas, throws plague barrels on you and your farm, you slowly die while you see all your plantations, crops perish before your dying eyes... all the work of your life is vanishing in front of you... you end up choking to the vile gas. But not everything is over... You're "alive" again. Standing in the middle of what used to be your boring farm, but now, you're powerful, more powerful than you could ever have imagined, ready to combat the evils of this world, ready to serve a greater cause.

Thus, you just LOVE Sylvanas!
    My armory
    DK tanking stuffs since WoTLK beta's first day of release.

Actually I have a real life, I'm just on my friends computer while we have a drink around his house before we go BMX'ing down the castle near by his house and found all the geeks spouting rubbish.
    Most fail troll thread ever. Featuring Boub as last post!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BruhnDK View Post
    Only rational reply in this thread;
    Look at it this way: You're a boring human farmer, farming all day while people fight the evil of this world, there is a cataclysm, a big mean dragon aspect is terrorizing the world. But you're just the human farmer, what you going to do about it. Then comes sylvanas, throws plague barrels on you and your farm, you slowly die while you see all your plantations, crops perish before your dying eyes... all the work of your life is vanishing in front of you... you end up choking to the vile gas. But not everything is over... You're "alive" again. Standing in the middle of what used to be your boring farm, but now, you're powerful, more powerful than you could ever have imagined, ready to combat the evils of this world, ready to serve a greater cause.

Thus, you just LOVE Sylvanas!
    Humans aren't Orcs, they don't feel the need to die in battle. Hell most don't want to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    If I'm on red team and I die, then spawn glitch and end up on blue team...I just keep on fighting.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post

You would meet your 2nd death

Go look at what she does in battle of the undercity courtyard, sonic the hedgehog+lazors+elf=HUNTERS R OP
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

Blizz gave her a custom skin! she isnt going to die anything soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finalwish View Post
    Blizz gave her a custom skin! she isnt going to die anything soon.
    Just like all the bosses we have in raids right?