Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balansform View Post
    Fking huntard in cata -.- wannabe rogue and spellreflecting warrs, fking noob class fking huntards
    Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fking huntard in cata -.- wannabe rogue and spellreflecting warrs, fking noob class fking huntards
    nerdrage at its finest gentlemen

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

10+ Year Old Account
    Goodbye!
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose View Post
    Ye this wont work aswell as you first thought because no Flame Shock on the target means no big LvB crits.
    You realise LvB, CAN still crit w/out flame shock up right?
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LRPaterson View Post
    You realise LvB, CAN still crit w/out flame shock up right?
    Of course. However they also promise to lower crit rates significantly.

Also, I think what the above poster said is correct: if it would've crit on you, it will crit when reflected.

I love this change, but don't love that I'd have to go Survival. I really don't see this making it into final though, I can't imagine how it couldn't be hilarious on some bosses.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Would this not reflect everything thrown at you for the duration of Deterrence? That could be quite crazy in large PvP battles...
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you Che, especially since the talent to make Det reflect back to attackers is practically all the way at the bottom. If anything, it should be one of the first tier talents, it would make it great for leveling a hunter.

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

OOOORRRR... Blizz could be positioning SV as "the" PvP spec <,<;; BM looks like it's losing it's CC immunity from TBW.. MM seems to be too gimmicky to easily use to the fullest in Arena but should be strong in BGs due to the constant dazing effect and more chances to get multiple steady/cobra shots in a row... Most of our talents which affect our defensive abilities are already in SV and this just buffs that aspect of the spec even more, plus with the mastery bonus, SV should hit nice and hard against any opponent regardless of armor class/rating.

I don't see any problem with this design. I don't think there is anything wrong with having 1/3 specs stronger in a particular aspect of the game than the others, so long as there is a balance within the class overall. As long as you are not automatically an idiot for PvPing in any spec other than SV, we'll be fine.

If only it worked that way for PvE :P
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't want to be like this one, kids. ~Lysah
    Roflstomped?

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Roflstomped?
    chelate actually caught that one, I was just reinforcing it.

Quote Originally Posted by rainCZ View Post
    Bladestorm is not a spell...
    I'm going to assume this will reflect everything except white DMG. We will see soon enough. If it doesn't. Still a good pvp talent for surv.

Quote Originally Posted by feigning View Post
    Would this not reflect everything thrown at you for the duration of Deterrence? That could be quite crazy in large PvP battles...
    To be quite honest... not really. Who attacks a hunter when they are deterrenced? I understand they might pop it on a lava burst and what not but that should be it. After that... No one should be attacking a hunter when the deterrence. So its only OP if everyone pvp is lacking of common sense.
    It's your $14.95 a month, but when you are in a raid, you are wasting our $358.80.

This thread made me smile <3 you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurth View Post
    This thread made me smile <3 you all.
    This is way 2 good for pvp, plenty of classes will be QQing about it.
    Lest's see if it gets nerfed.

Will it also reflect thypoon from moonkins, that would be epic in EOTS, while fighting for the flag.

Hey hunters, I'm happy for and Imma let you finish, but spell reflect was the greatest reflect ability of all time. OF ALL TIME!

On a more serious note, I'm gonna guess this ability will work exceptionally similar to if not exactly like a warrior's spell reflect. As such, here's a warrior's pov of what you can reflect.

-ANY AND ALL DIRECT DAMAGE SPELLS: this includes things such as pyroblast, mind blast, chaos bolt, lava burst etc.

-CHANNELED SPELLS WILL NOT BE REFLECTED FOR THEIR FULL DURATION: arcane missiles will most likely will have it first or two missiles reflected. Due to mind flay's animation, the spell will siimply be cancelled instead of being reflected.

-AOE'S SHOULD NOT BE REFLECTED: I remember reflecting thunderstorms back in 3.2 but haven't managed to do so since then despite putting reflect up when the ability was used. As such, I think it has been fixed.

-ALL DIRECT CROWD CONTROL ABILITIES: this includes fear, hex, polymorph, deep freeze. AoE snares such as frost nova cannot be reflected.

Don't know if I'm forgetting anything. Now it seems like I'm stating this stuff as fact, but its all assuming that the ability will work like spell reflect (which, death knights' dark simulacrum will so why won't this?). If I'm wrong, someone from the beta please correct me.

Congratulations hunters! Hope you have fun critting for more than half of people's health come cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Cheers Flaks

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm imagining a scenario like being the last guy in WG and having a good thirty players all converging on you at once...
    I don't think they'd notice amongst the chaos the hunter just popped Deterrence. God...that'd be just lovely.

You don't want to be like this one, kids. ~Lysah
    olol jealous much?

on topic: i really hope it will reflect CCC:s like polymorph, it would be so funny to make that stupid gnome turn into a sheep about to be butchered
    Haha, then you got a nice GM. Once had a guildy who's ZG snake "TrouserSnake" was renamed (by the GM) to Bob. Since this was way back in Vanilla, we all laughed at him and his snake that got "Bobbed".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feigning View Post
    Step 1. Fall of cliff, 10% health
    Step 2. Run into big battle (lots of people see you low health = free kill, or so they think)
    Step 3. Deterrence
    Step 4. ???
    Step 5. Profit!
    I'm just an ex-con trying to go straight to get my kids back