Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Race as a Warrior

Hey guys,

Rolling Warrior with RAF this week.

What race is best for a Warrior, PvE wise. Specifically Prot.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

Deleted
    horde? tauren for the extra hp buff
    ally? human i assume for the expertise sword/maces

10+ Year Old Account
    NE if ally for prot

Sorry, forget to mention I am Horde.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

Deleted
    The overall best race for a Protec Warrior is Tauren with their 5% extra health (or is it stamina?).

On Alliance, anything but Gnomes work. NE have extra dodge, Dwarves racial ability give them 10% extra armor for 10 secs or so plus 5 expertise with maces, Humans have 3 expertise with swords/maces and the "pvp trinket". Worgens sprint will be cool too.

But IIRC, aren't pretty much all racials about to change?

Tauren, or Nelf/SpaceGoat
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Aendos.Silvermoon View Post
    Hey guys,

Rolling Warrior with RAF this week.

What race is best for a Warrior, PvE wise. Specifically Prot.
    Tauren make good warriors for prot (PvE and PvP) because of their extra hp and war stomp.

Orcs make good Arms or Fury warriors because their stun resistance, expertise with axes, and ap buff.

I chose orc for my Horde warrior, been 5 years and hes still going strong!

At this point, do whatever you like. Racials are getting an overhhaul in Cataclysm and most people are thinking Cata is only a few months away.

As of right now though, Horde = Tauren, Alliance = Draenei

Deleted
    Don't forget the Tauren HP buff is only on base health, thus it is almost negligable.

Roll whatever you like most, aesthetically that is, since racials will change in Cataclysm.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A question you could be asking, is which race will have the most beneficial racials for a warrior, come Cataclysm. I know that sounds pretty silly, and just leads to huge assertions, but you could use the planned Goblin Racials as a starting point.

Planned Goblin Racials seem to focus upon their tinkering nature;

i.e; Rocket Jump, Rocket Barrage.

On that idea, racials could be focused upon the nature of races.

Tauren -> Shamanistic, yet Protective and Brutal.
    Orc -> Resilient with Leadership.
    Undead -> Shadowy, and potentially Vampiric.
    Troll -> Spiritual, with a close Society.
    Blood Elf -> Addicted to, and influenced by, the Arcane.

100% speculation, but could lead to interesting racials:

Tauren -> "Calls upon the elemental spirits, providing a shield increasing armour by X% for X amount of time."
    Orc -> "Issues a cry of the Warchief, increasing haste by X amount for X amount of time."
    Undead -> "Drain's the life-force of an enemy, dealing X-Y shadow damage, for X amount of time."
    Troll -> "Summons guardians from a nearby tribe, dealing X amount of damage, for X amount of time."
    Blood Elf -> "Absorbs arcane power from surrouding Ley Lines, increasing intellect by X% for X amount of time."
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Now every expansion, Blizzard releases a new class, or 2 new races into the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Why would someone create malware for a mac? Is there a black market for photo albums of cats and half written novels?

I thoroughly enjoy playing as a Troll Warrior. Many people are surprised when they see me.

Trolls are cool

Tauren is probably the best right now, but this can change in Cata. You should really pick the race by what you think looks best unless you're a serious raider that is hardcore min/maxing stats. That said, I have always liked Tauren and Orc but I don't play Horde... yet.

Trolls are pretty cool(I like the anims/general plate looks) and their haste racial is very good for Fury. Best would probaply be dwarf or tauren tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are people still rolling for racials even though they're all gonna change come cata? Ok, right.
    I suppose tauren is the best class to roll if you're supermegaüber-hardcore about tanking. However, i will give you this advice: Go with the race that looks best to you, it's more important. Racials will not save your ass, being a good tank will. I personally went with a troll, and i have yet to regret it
    "Should i trust this fart?"-Brian Redban

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go for any race you want. Only hardcore raiders go for min maxing, and all racials are getting changed, so go nuts

Tauren is good but Taurens have a SH*TTY hitbox, I always have to use some deviant fish in some fights like heroic LK because, you know, f*cking shambling horrors just love turning around you when you didnt ask for it, and one shot the poor mage that just wanted to pass his plague...

sigh.

10+ Year Old Account
    GNOMES!
    Loving my 10% extra int.
    Warlock (SL main)

Horde side

Prot - Tauren
    DPS - Orc

Alliance

Prot - Nightelf - Has avoidance racial, also nature res as passive racial
    DPS - Human or Dwarf is good (Human has EXP increase to mace/sword, dwarf starts with higher base STR)

Quote Originally Posted by Avalya View Post
    Don't forget the Tauren HP buff is only on base health, thus it is almost negligable.

Roll whatever you like most, aesthetically that is, since racials will change in Cataclysm.
    Yeah,its about 500HP on lvl 80.