Question Will you tank 'rogue'?

If Blizz indeed steers us down the route of combat tree "possible tanking rogue"
    Will you spec for it?? Would you want to be a emergency off tank?
    I kinda like the idea.

Although newb, newbie, noob, and n00b all have similar definitions, there are key differences amongst them. A newb or newbie is a new user who has an understandable lack of experience; a noob or n00b, on the other hand, is an unskilled player who is not a newbie and should know better

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Won't ever happen, so I don't have to worry about it.

I've emergency tanked plenty of times, often times Hard mode kills on the last few %. Mad luck lolz.

But with the current trees for cataclysm, it's very hard to NOT take the the 50% Leather armor contribution and other tanky skills.

I will enjoy not being as squishy.

They way I see it, they're just putting too much pvp talents in combat, making combat a very decent pvp specc, I believe. However I did not roll this class to be and OT in a raid, I rolled it because I like the dps part of it. Tanking is only fun when you're not ment for it... Untouchable rogue any1?

Meh, arms warriors and others like that will still global you. Im not optimistic about these "tank" changes.

When will people learn that Rogues are and WILL be DPS class and not a DPS/tank hybrid >_<

I'm not saying i will want to be a hybrid rogue. What i mean is if blizzard will give us some "greater" survivability via talents would you use them while dropping DPS talents. And maybe when doodoo hits the fan save the day on that last 2%. We all have been there when we're the last alive

Although newb, newbie, noob, and n00b all have similar definitions, there are key differences amongst them. A newb or newbie is a new user who has an understandable lack of experience; a noob or n00b, on the other hand, is an unskilled player who is not a newbie and should know better

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesinger View Post
    I'm not saying i will want to be a hybrid rogue. What i mean is if blizzard will give us some "greater" survivability via talents would you use them while dropping DPS talents. And maybe when doodoo hits the fan save the day on that last 2%. We all have been there when we're the last alive
    You mean intentionally lower your dps so in the off chance you can tank the last % you may possibly not wipe? Thats a retarded idea and honestly I can't see any decent guild putting up with that kind of crap. Don't get me wrong, I love rogue tanking, I tank heroics and some 10m stuff on mine and its fun. I get brought to raids to dps (any maybe kicks/snares/stuns)

Soltsu, I don't remember the last time an arms warrior globaled me... not even one with a shadowmorne. Maybe you need better gear?

This will never happen intentionally. It was fun to tank on my rogue back in BC but unfortunately the way itemization and values in cata will not allow us to effectively tank in anything higher than a 5man instance. If you want to LOLIMATANK all day go roll a druid, mash swipe and profit

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Who let you on my forums. Seriously. I will stab you.

I got the bigger reach... my dagger will hit you first

Quote Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
    They way I see it, they're just putting too much pvp talents in combat, making combat a very decent pvp specc, I believe. However I did not roll this class to be and OT in a raid, I rolled it because I like the dps part of it. Tanking is only fun when you're not ment for it... Untouchable rogue any1?
    You sir, are my enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Who let you on my forums. Seriously. I will stab you.
    Stop it now. I might have to transfer to your server and chain mutilate you.
    "i'm just excited to get some more leatherskin as a rogue than we used to in WOTLK."
    And btw. there were a few times in ICC that me and a healer were the only ones alive and we downed that boss lol. And it felt gooooooood

we already make good emergency tanks

we will never have a tanking tree and if you want one you rolled the wrong class