Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Gallywix, the leader of the goblins?

We all know that the Trade Prince Gallywix is a prominent figure among the goblins and in the goblin zones. He is the leader of the Bilgewater Cartel and sell his people for profit. But did you know that the events in the Lost Isles actually point to him as being the racial leader of the goblins? The last event on Lost Isles has Thrall, you (in a shredder) and Gallywix duke it out on the Gallywix Docks.

Eventually, Gallywix has had enough and surrenders. He asks what Thrall wants to do with him and Thrall requests that he and his cartel join the horde and that they make a new home for themselves in Azshara. Gallywix accepts the offer and everyone is happy as they sail off to Durotar to bring the message to Garrosh Hellscream.

could this mean that Gallywix is the new leader of the goblins then ? what do you think ?

George23
    yes

10+ Year Old Account
    hm...interesting, maybe

Thrall really sucks at appointing leaders.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Thrall really sucks at appointing leaders.
    Blizz has something prepared for this. Because even the goblins NPCs can't believe that Gallywix stays as Trade Prince.

This and the fact that even refered one time during the Azshara questing, he is missing.

I wanted Gazlowe or Sassy. Gallywix sucks and is incompetent, Thrall is on drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by leafer View Post

We all know that the Trade Prince Gallywix is a prominent figure among the goblins and in the goblin zones. He is the leader of the Bilgewater Cartel and sell his people for profit. But did you know that the events in the Lost Isles actually point to him as being the racial leader of the goblins? The last event on Lost Isles has Thrall, you (in a shredder) and Gallywix duke it out on the Gallywix Docks.

Eventually, Gallywix has had enough and surrenders. He asks what Thrall wants to do with him and Thrall requests that he and his cartel join the horde and that they make a new home for themselves in Azshara. Gallywix accepts the offer and everyone is happy as they sail off to Durotar to bring the message to Garrosh Hellscream.

could this mean that Gallywix is the new leader of the goblins then ? what do you think ?

I just want to point out that you are sent to orgrimmar as a representative for the goblins, does this mean orgrimmar might have some phasing? as there cant be goblines straight away when you get there, because your ahead of them really...

"Oh man, you just kicked my ass. I'm totally a good guy now, totally. Yessiree, won't do anything underhanded or bad from now on!"

"OH WELL GOOD LOL U CAN BE LEEDR THEN "

Was I just not paying attention the last 4 years I played, or has Thrall always been this damn stupid?

Signature courtesy of Safhira.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoopsy View Post
    Was I just not paying attention the last 4 years I played, or has Thrall always been this damn stupid?
    Much as I love Thrall, he has to be the worst at judging character.

Deleted
    thanks F00K garrosh is gonna be warchief cos thralls a brainless pleb

Quote Originally Posted by Garekh View Post
    Much as I love Thrall, he has to be the worst at judging character.
    He only started becoming like this in WoW and it seems like its getting way worse to the point of un-believability.

Quote Originally Posted by Copperblast View Post
    He only started becoming like this in WoW and it seems like its getting way worse to the point of un-believability.
    "You slaughtered children and cannibalized their corpses?! Well, I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding. Here, you can be in charge of our orphanage!"

Quote Originally Posted by Garekh View Post
    "You slaughtered children and cannibalized their corpses?! Well, I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding. Here, you can be in charge of our orphanage!"
    Some forsaken are nice but letting Varimithras slide was pretty ridiculous.

But Gallywix takes the cake, there was even a perfectly available goblin named Sassy Hardwrench who had been taking care of the survivors since the crash or even better Thrall's close friend Gazlowe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trade Prince Steamwheedle is probably the goblin leader (http://www.wowwiki.com/Trade_Coalition) and he is the richest goblin, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Jedistene View Post
    Trade Prince Steamwheedle is probably the goblin leader (http://www.wowwiki.com/Trade_Coalition) and he is the richest goblin, so...
    Steamwheedle Cartel doesn't join the Horde.
    Garrosh Hellscream... Making the Alliance/Horde Carebears cry since 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
    Steamwheedle Cartel doesn't join the Horde.

this.

and, i'm pretty sure it will be Gazlow. Of course, Garrosh may not appoint Gazlow, especially because of his friendship with Thrall, so who knows? Sissy? (though I don't see Sissy becoming a leader, since we've never seen or heard of her before cata.)

It is Bilgewater Cartel that joins the Horde. Cartels are lead by Trade Princes. They have reached their status with scheming, blackmailing and bribery, and Gallywix has demonstrated those qualities.

If goblins joining the Horde were lead by a king, president or such, I could understand why selling your people to slavery was a bad thing, but that's not the case. He is Trade Prince because he is a scheming and blackmailing backstabber: That's how goblin society works.

Quote Originally Posted by Therastos View Post
    It is Bilgewater Cartel that joins the Horde. Cartels are lead by Trade Princes. They have reached their status with scheming, blackmailing and bribery, and Gallywix has demonstrated those qualities.

If goblins joining the Horde were lead by a king, president or such, I could understand why selling your people to slavery was a bad thing, but that's not the case. He is Trade Prince because he is a scheming and blackmailing backstabber: That's how goblin society works.
    Actually the goblins expected Gallywix to help them and consider him a monster for betraying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Therastos View Post

you make a very good point. Maybe thrall understands that even though his actions are despicable by the rest of the horde's standards, by Goblin standards he's the best suited for the job? Hey, look at sylvanas!