Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I think Thrall has finally gone completely bonkers, bad decision after bad decision. First Garrosh for warchief and now this...

Quote Originally Posted by Venusaur View Post
    50g says Gallywix isn't the final Goblin leader, and he's only in place for the Beta. While in the release version, -some female Goblin- takes lead over the Bilgewater and we all hail Her Tallest.

Because really, how often do Blues let a thread get to 275 pages and going?
    I'm desperately hoping her Tallest and Bowie make it through

---------- Post added 2010-07-11 at 02:41 PM ----------

All hail her tallest, rightful leader of the bilgewater cartel! Hail the trade princess!

more on topic, i think gallywix probably is a good example of a goblin, though i think he has a little bit of either paranoia (could be a common trait for most trade princes given the races tendencies) and a inferiority complex.

I think a better leader for the goblins couldve still sold other goblins into slavery. But he wouldnt get mad at the player character like gallywix does, instead hed pat him on the back and sneakily take the credit. He wouldnt get all mad all the time, hed be the smoothtalker of smoothtalkers.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I don't think the Horde needs anymore "sneaky backstabber-in-waiting with lip-service loyalty" leaders. I hope he gets replaced eventually but I won't hold my breath.

As much as I love the goblins, I think they've fallen victim to being stereotyped. Not all goblins have to cliche miserly corporate executives. A bit more diversity would be dynamic. The Trade Fleets of Kezan were one of the most powerful military forces on Azeroth after all, so I'd have loved to see the goblin racial leader be a militant, no-nonsense, pro-Horde Trade Admiral or something like that. Gallywix really doesn't excite or even interest me in any way, and I'm 100% hyped to play a goblin.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerieheart View Post
    I think Thrall has finally gone completely bonkers, bad decision after bad decision. First Garrosh for warchief and now this...
    well, i bet he will be "back in action" soon enough! =)

15+ Year Old Account
    If the dude managed to sell his entire race into slavery and almost get away with it (if not for the totally unexpected intrusion of the mightiest shaman ever...), he really is smart. And if that intellect and power is serving its people and the Horde, everyone wins. It's only business.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    If the dude managed to sell his entire race into slavery and almost get away with it (if not for the totally unexpected intrusion of the mightiest shaman ever...), he really is smart. And if that intellect and power is serving its people and the Horde, everyone wins. It's only business.
    so he wins just becasue he "almost" managed to get away with it ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leafer View Post
    so he wins just becasue he "almost" managed to get away with it ?
    As I said, he's very, very smart if he managed to pull that off. No one could expect that imbashaman would SUDDENLY appear and screw things up. Such intellect is not to be wasted. And besides, having an antagonistic faction leader (don't point me at Sylvanas because her Forsaken totally love her) is quite new and interesting. Again, Horde wins in getting more complex relationships and characters. A "soul-less businessman" is an interesting addition to its leadership, if only they don't make him a bedroom decoration like Lor'Themar.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    As I said, he's very, very smart if he managed to pull that off. No one could expect that imbashaman would SUDDENLY appear and screw things up. Such intellect is not to be wasted. And besides, having an antagonistic faction leader (don't point me at Sylvanas because her Forsaken totally love her) is quite new and interesting. Again, Horde wins in getting more complex relationships and characters. A "soul-less businessman" is an interesting addition to its leadership, if only they don't make him a bedroom decoration like Lor'Themar.
    I completely agree, I love that we finally have a leader that isnt herping and derping over the good of the people.

Thrall says he can stay leader for now. Blizzard likely hasn't worked out exactly who will be permanent leader. Whether Gallywix loses the next election or he wins and actually changes his ways. It's all speculation at this point and making judgement calls about Thrall or Blizzard based on what is not set in stone is being hasty.

Well they've added "Her tallest" already in the cata beta http://www.wowwiki.com/Boss_Mida
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nas&n=Ishixaph Elemental Shaman PEW PEW LAZER DPS!

Gallywix is the perfect Trade Prince. He basically is the epitome of an evil, selfish, underhanded mob boss. I'd love to see someone like him as the leader of an INDEPENDENT goblin cartel. The reason why I don't think he will stick around is the fact that the Bilgewater Cartel is now a part of the Horde. The remaining goblins were saved by Thrall and the Horde and I honestly don't think they will instantly go back to being their old goblin selves, especially after what Gallywix put them through. Sure, he could be underhanded and lie to Garrosh about what he is up to, but being right in Garrosh, Baine, and Vol'jins neighborhood (unlike Sylvanas), I don't see how they could put up with his shenanigans for too long. Unless of course, he uses his shenanigans to greatly benefit the Horde in some way, so much that Garrosh ignores his other negatives. Either way, I can't see Vol'jin or Baine getting along with him one bit.

But then again, if he DOES stick around and continue to be a prick, it would add (another) interesting dynamic to the Horde. I agree with Haven though, I sure hope they don't pull a Lor'themar on him and just sit him there. If he sticks around, I want to see his dirty work in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
    Gallywix is the perfect Trade Prince. He basically is the epitome of an evil, selfish, underhanded mob boss. I'd love to see someone like him as the leader of an INDEPENDENT goblin cartel. The reason why I don't think he will stick around is the fact that the Bilgewater Cartel is now a part of the Horde. The remaining goblins were saved by Thrall and the Horde and I honestly don't think they will instantly go back to being their old goblin selves, especially after what Gallywix put them through. Sure, he could be underhanded and lie to Garrosh about what he is up to, but being right in Garrosh, Baine, and Vol'jins neighborhood (unlike Sylvanas), I don't see how they could put up with his shenanigans for too long. Unless of course, he uses his shenanigans to greatly benefit the Horde in some way, so much that Garrosh ignores his other negatives. Either way, I can't see Vol'jin or Baine getting along with him one bit.

But then again, if he DOES stick around and continue to be a prick, it would add (another) interesting dynamic to the Horde. I agree with Haven though, I sure hope they don't pull a Lor'themar on him and just sit him there. If he sticks around, I want to see his dirty work in action.
    I hope to god the goblins stay the way they use to be, thats what makes them unique

Quote Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
    I completely agree, I love that we finally have a leader that isnt herping and derping over the good of the people.
    he just tryes to sell them insteed ? =)

Quote Originally Posted by Copperblast View Post
    Actually the goblins hate his guts and consider his actions deplorable.
    You DO realize that it's only because they're on teh receiving end, don't you?

Deleted
    I'm sorry if I'm mistaken, but I was left to believe that everyone else who COULD lead the Goblins (Political position, ranking in Goblin hierarchy etc.) is pretty much dead. Sure Gallywix is a greedy bastard, but he's the only greedy bastard that is eligible for such a position :P

yea one of thrall's latter fuck ups in cata.

the first being giving lead to garrosh the fury warrior who keeps taunting the boss.