Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    they will NOT 3 faction split... that will require a full game revamp... not just zones/questing but just about every quest and every BG including what they just updated in cata
    this will never work

---------- Post added 2010-07-05 at 12:03 AM ----------

a change of lore doesnt mean a full game revamp

Quote Originally Posted by Zoros View Post
    I think that Blizzard already spend too much time in new races, so no to a third faction. More high PvP and PvE combat and less mounts, titles and alter content. WotLK has been really boring for non alterlovers.
    I know

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, not going to happen - I would like to see it but... nope.

3rd Faction:
    - leader Sylvanas
    Forsaken + BEs + Naga

I would abandon the Horde to join em and would never go back. The only races I play and love their lore are BEs and Undead (Trolls and Humans too but rarely). Im 100% in love for Syl - her corpse just make me shiver and go hard xD
    also her actions are quite ok in my eyes, I understand and accept em - she can count on my 100% obedience
    Last edited by Heretic013; 2010-07-05 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by garekh View Post
    not exactly. It's because i'm one of the few real horde fans left.

You see, anyone who is still playing the mockery that is the horde in wow isn't a real horde fan. They're the ones who need to change their avatars.

I'll always be an orc at heart, it's just sad that the alliance is better at living up to the values upon which the new horde was founded than the actual current horde is. Thus, that's where my current allegiance lies.

Though, it is enjoyable seeing people rage over it. :d
    virgin alert

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archus View Post
    virgin alert
    i loled

---------- Post added 2010-07-05 at 12:38 AM ----------

oh yes and im a cow because cows are awesome
    i dont care about faction

Quote Originally Posted by Archus View Post
    virgin alert
    Aww...

And here I was hoping I'd manage to rope in some respectable trolls. Instead all I got was an amateur like you...

How disappointing.

Eh, oh well. Keep working at it though, bud. I have faith in you.

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic013 View Post
    Im 100% in love for Syl - her corpse just make me shiver and go hard xD
    also her actions are quite ok in my eyes, I understand and accept em - she can count on my 100% obedience
    im 12 and wat is this

Quote Originally Posted by Garekh View Post
    Not exactly. It's because I'm one of the few real Horde fans left.

You see, anyone who is still playing the mockery that is the Horde in WoW isn't a real Horde fan. They're the ones who need to change their avatars.

I'll always be an Orc at heart, it's just sad that the Alliance is better at living up to the values upon which the New Horde was founded than the actual current Horde is. Thus, that's where my current allegiance lies.

Though, it is enjoyable seeing people rage over it.
    I'm a fan of the Warcraft 1 & 2 Horde. Does that make me better than you?

The undead arent separating from the horde until WoW is done and over with. WC4 will likely have some major faction splittage happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not exactly. It's because I'm one of the few real Horde fans left.

You see, anyone who is still playing the mockery that is the Horde in WoW isn't a real Horde fan. They're the ones who need to change their avatars.

I'll always be an Orc at heart, it's just sad that the Alliance is better at living up to the values upon which the New Horde was founded than the actual current Horde is. Thus, that's where my current allegiance lies.

Though, it is enjoyable seeing people rage over it.
    You are far, far from a "real Horde fan". The Forsaken have just as much right to be part of the Horde as any of the other 4 races. The guiding principle of the Horde is its motley make up but through adversity do they find true companionship and reformation of negative traits. Turning your back on the Forsaken makes you a horrible "Horde fan".

And if you want to know, no i am not a Forsaken fanboy (i do like Sylvanas a lot though). I am far far far more a Troll and Goblin fanboy!

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    yes. in fact, it makes you better than 90% of the people who claim to know the lore.

You actually deserve a cookie. Thank you for being one of the few people who played more than lolwrath and claim to know the lore

I know this sounds like sarcasm but it's not. Have an Internet

*hands internetz to Kabshiel*

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Personally I don't see the Forsaken continuing down this path for much longer. Chances are Slyvanis will either reform her ways by the end of Cataclysm or be deposed by an internal rebellion. Otherwise we'll have a race that is blatantly evil somehow sided with the peace-loving Tauren and the now light-worshiping Blood Elves, something that is quite nonsensical from a story perspective.
    Except they wouldn't really be evil. The Forsaken has always been the dark bunch, dabbling in all sort of dark arts, as they themselves are the product of a dark art. While the Forsaken may curse Arthas for killing them, ressurecting them and forcing them to kill their friends and family; they have however clearly adjusted to their situation. A life in undeath is still a life, especially when one is free; and they themselves are the citizens of a kingdom of undeath, shunned by everyone and viewed with disgust. The identity of the Forsaken is clear.
    However, due to their nature it's clear that they're going to continue to diminish and die out. Now, to most people this is ok as they don't like the undead, but it's obvious why this isn't okay with the Forsaken. They are no longer merely the remnants of the kingdom of Lordaeron, but have molded into a people of their own, with their own kingdom, with its own raison d'État.
    Since this is so, they obviously will fight for their right to exist by any means, before they are really branded as expendable by their allies.

Sylvanas being reformed would be a terrible cop-out and her being deposed would be lame and make the whole world of warcraft seem even more black&white. I hope they'll stray more away from fairy tale morals and show each races good and bad sides, instead of them all being pretty much similar on moral standpoint, since they really have quite different opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilux View Post
    Except they wouldn't really be evil. The Forsaken has always been the dark bunch, dabbling in all sort of dark arts, as they themselves are the product of a dark art. While the Forsaken may curse Arthas for killing them, ressurecting them and forcing them to kill their friends and family; they have however clearly adjusted to their situation. A life in undeath is still a life, especially when one is free; and they themselves are the citizens of a kingdom of undeath, shunned by everyone and viewed with disgust. The identity of the Forsaken is clear.
    However, due to their nature it's clear that they're going to continue to diminish and die out. Now, to most people this is ok as they don't like the undead, but it's obvious why this isn't okay with the Forsaken. They are no longer merely the remnants of the kingdom of Lordaeron, but have molded into a people of their own, with their own kingdom, with its own raison d'État(factional loyalty).
    Since this is so, they obviously will fight for their right to exist by any means, before they are really branded as expendable by their allies.

Sylvanas being reformed would be a terrible cop-out and her being deposed would be lame and make the whole world of warcraft seem even more black&white. I hope they'll stray more away from fairy tale morals and show each races good and bad sides, instead of them all being pretty much similar on moral standpoint, since they really have quite different opinions.
    the majority of the people that read this post are going to wonder why you're talking about raisins.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh it seems so far 3 of the faction leaders do not like garrosh so if anything would happen he would go.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    The Old Horde =/= The real Horde.

The Horde wasn't made into a truly respectable faction until Thrall got his hands on it. Before that they were just a bunch of lackeys for the Burning Legion and over-aggro idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Eh it seems so far 3 of the faction leaders do not like garrosh so if anything would happen he would go.
    Judging by the reformation he has i'd wager Vol'jin now backs him if anything i suspect Garrosh still slight bloodlust would delight the Trolls unless blizzard really neutered them that bad. Cairne being slay means he clearly doesn't care cause he is dead. Sylvanas hates everyone so w/e.

The Old Horde =/= The real Horde.

The Horde wasn't made into a truly respectable faction until Thrall got his hands on it. Before that they were just a bunch of lackeys for the Burning Legion and over-aggro idiots.
    To be fair the Old Horde is the Real Horde, it was the First Horde. Thrall's Horde isn't respectable either, they sat on their hands far to much. Thrall should never of been Warchief, he should have been and Advisor for Interacial peace talks (sounds lame but w/e). The reason is Thrall wasn't and still isn't a true Orc, the fact is and even blizzard has hinted as much with in game interactions is that most of the Orcs support Garrosh. Thrall being raised by humans even if brutally was given much more to human thinking which is what makes him an excellent diplomat but at the same time doesn't make him much of an Orc (a WoWinsider article also touched upon this in much more elaborate depth).

Thrall is borderline Mary Sue in his peace hippy talks. What makes him not a perfect character is his very real flaw of inaction that has plagued the Horde up until Wrath and Garrosh, hate him or love him Garrosh is what made things start happening for the Horde for better or for worse.
    Last edited by Aisriyth; 2010-07-05 at 06:11 AM.

I could see the Blood Elves and Forsaken breaking off from the Horde to form their own faction, but it would require possibly some alliance to come with them which there is no other races that make sense.
    Not at all. The Forsaken could easily split off into their off faction without dragging other races with them. They're made up of all kinds of former Scourge, after all. So picture this:

The Forsaken break away from the Horde, leaving the Horde with five races versus the six in the Alliance. So the Horde would have to pick up a sixth race. Gnolls, Ogres, Centaurs, whatever, it doesn't matter. The Horde would pick something up.

That leaves the Forsaken with only one player race. But like I mentioned, the "Undead" race (zombies, essentially) isn't all the Forsaken have. They have a lot more varieties of undead among them. So if Blizzard wanted, they could have a faction with, say...

- Zombie (Current Undead race)
    - Banshee
    - Vrykul
    - Darkfallen
    - Wight
    - Rot Hide Gnoll

And that's only a handful of the possible races for a Forsaken faction. That, IMO, would be pretty cool. Sadly, however, there'll never be a third faction. And if there were, it wouldn't be the Forsaken alone.