Epic noob at computers seeking guidance

the bigger the screen doesn't mean more fps? or does it? playing on a 1280x1024 resolution screen.

and another little question, i'm running on Max settings on everything and get about 20-30ish FPS in 25 mans ( except sindragosa and blood-queen when it goes down to 20-25 )
    is there any way to increase that fps (i havn't done any modifying to my PC like overclocking, purely cause i don't know how to do that lalal)

sorry for being a nub

PC specs:
    Win7
    AMD Athlon II X2 250 Processor
    3.02 GHz Cpu Speed
    4GB RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
    1280x1024 desktop resolution
    465GB disk size.

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    the bigger the screen doesn't mean more fps? or does it? playing on a 1280x1024 resolution screen.

and another little question, i'm running on Max settings on everything and get about 20-30ish FPS in 25 mans ( except sindragosa and blood-queen when it goes down to 20-25 )
    is there any way to increase that fps (i havn't done any modifying to my PC like overclocking, purely cause i don't know how to do that lalal)

sorry for being a nub

PC specs:
    Win7
    AMD Athlon II X2 250 Processor
    3.02 GHz Cpu Speed
    4GB RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
    1280x1024 desktop resolution
    465GB disk size.
    1: Not exactly. The bigger your monitor is, the higher the resolution is required to keep things from pixelating. Higher resolution is achieved by the graphics card pumping more pixels into a set area so the graphic card has to work harder thus resulting in lower frames per second. If you have a 19 inch monitor at 1280x1024 but then upgrade to a 30 inch monitor, you will have the same FPS but the screen won't look as sharp.

You can increase the FPS if you follow the stick in the computer forum. Turn off all your combat log recording and any background devices you're not using and it should raise it slightly.