Combat rupture is the way to go for 3.3.5?

I have been playing around with iDPS for rogue and recognized that combat rupture still beats combat evis in 3.3.3.
    Now with the introduction of the two armpen trinkets from RS, combat rupture is the best dps spec?

Rupture is the highest dps finisher even in full arp gear. Why would new arp trinkets change anything?

(slice and dice is the highest dps finisher)
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge View Post
    (slice and dice is the highest dps finisher)
    Expose armor when there's no warrior in a 25 man raid is the highest dps finisher. lol.

I'm kind of assuming a prot or at least a fury warrior stacking sunders

And the OP was assuming the rogue community knew that slice and dice has priority over rupture and eviscerate.

Amazing amounts of pointlessness here.
    Quote Originally Posted by hermedes
    u cant ur gonna have to own up and if hes a wow nerd hes gonna kill u and get his wrathful gladiators claymore and chop ur head and ur balls of and then he will feed them to u. only if hes a true wow nerd tho

Rupture
    5 points: [(217 + 0.0375 * AP) * 8] damage over secs damage +30% (Blood Spatter) +30% (Mangle)

Eviscerate
    5 points: [127 + (1850 + AP * 0.15) * 1]-[381 + (1850 + AP * 0.35) * 1] damage +20% (imp Evis) +15% (Aggression)

AP = 6000, effective damage reduction 0%
    Rupture 5975 DMG
    Eviscerate 3970-5977 (avg 4974)

any relevant buffs i missed?
    do we need to include the glyphs?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

zevo
    It's important that your Rupture ticks for the full duration for it to be superior dps to evis only.

If you're letting it drop (much like if you let SnD drop) it is a huge dent to your numbers.

It's a situational finisher at best that requires you to be much better at your Rogue.

For very steady, target dummy type fights (ICC Saurfang)... well, Rupture finisher build may be slightly better, but only when Bleed+30% debuff is present (Mangle/Trauma).
    And even then difference is so small it does not really change much. We speaking about ~50-100dps difference with 25m raid-buffed, you get same difference if random generator feels lucky or you get one of your iLvl 264 items upgraded to iLvl 277 or you reach to boss 2 second earlier than next rogue on chart.

Without Bleed+30% debuff on mob, you better use good old Eviscerate builds and glyphs, and its also better for majority of dynamic fights with adds etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dharenna View Post
    For very steady, target dummy type fights (ICC Saurfang)... well, Rupture finisher build may be slightly better, but only when Bleed+30% debuff is present (Mangle/Trauma).
    And even then difference is so small it does not really change much. We speaking about ~50-100dps difference with 25m raid-buffed, you get same difference if random generator feels lucky or you get one of your iLvl 264 items upgraded to iLvl 277 or you reach to boss 2 second earlier than next rogue on chart.

Without Bleed+30% debuff on mob, you better use good old Eviscerate builds and glyphs, and its also better for majority of dynamic fights with adds etc.
    It has nothing to do with fights being dynamic or static. Only thing that matters is whether rupture gets to tick out completely before the target dies. Only Valithria and possibly princes are clearly bad for rupture spec, while Putricide and LK you can go either way depending whether you want to optimize dps on boss or on adds, and for the rest rupture is clearly optimal. Then again, if you don't care about 50-100dps differences then you can run with whatever spec you like.

And it's also a tad more than 50-100 dps

zevo
    It's roughly a 250+ dps upgrade with 1200 arp and 50% crit.

A negligible amount when you're doing 13-14k dps with evis only.