Thread: How to move

How to move

I'm looking for an addon that I can use to move text at the top of my screen, like:

And also stuff like Halion's corporeality and Heroic tries in ICC.

Thanks in advance.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might try MoveAnything! or FluidFrames. I use both, personally, but sometimes they don't play nice.

Thanks, worked perfectly.

Another question OT, where can I find textures in my WoW folder?

Depends on the source of those textures.
    If you mean the wow defaults, then those are not easily accessible without an addon or a 3rd party tool outside of wow.
    If you mean those provided with, or used by an addon then it depends on the addon usually.

Well to be more specific, I was wanting to find the Striped texture to upload to kgpanels.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You wouldn't be uploading a thing.

Try using SharedMedia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Duke
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.

To access a texture through Kgpanels, then either import the texture into it's own library, or through SharedMedia so it is accessible by other compatible addons.
    I will explain how to import it into the Kgpanels library.

/kgpanels config - Art Library
    Enter the name you intend to call the texture, and select Background as the type.
    Enter the location of the texture starting from the wow folder with \\ - so say if in a Textures folder in Addons - \\Addons\Textures\texturename.tga - including the extension which usually should be .tga.
    Active Panels - and the name of your panel is where you should be able to apply that texture as the background.

This is why you need to be sure of exactly where the texture you want is.

I use MoveAnything and like it a lot

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    kgPanels only uses SharedMedia Backgrounds, Borders, and Fonts. The "Striped" texture is a StatusBar. I'd copy the address from the SharedMedia.lua file and paste it into the kgPanels "add to library" entry.