Possible broken Holy Pally?

Ok, here is my situation.

Last night I was doing ICC 25, and we had 6 heals, 2 pallys, 2 druids, one shammy, one priest. Heals were great for the most part, with one druid and the shammy pulling 7k heals for every boss.

Now, here is where I need help.

The other pally was around 4-6.5k heals for every boss, I was at 2-3.8k. My gearscore is only 4.9, the other pally was 5.9. I asked him what he was doing heal wise, he said and recommended to me to just spam Holy Light, which I was doing, but my question is, is the gear that much the difference? I asked the group how I was doing and nobody was disappointed with my performance, but I felt I was getting carried.

Here is my armory:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Stockpally

Any advice would be welcome and appreciated.

Can't really say anything without logs, so here are some "ideas":

Did you use JoL or JoW? If he used JoL and you used JoW and there were no other paladins using JoL, his numbers are ridiculously inflated.
    Did you spam HL on the melees? Glyph of Holy light also does ridiculous numbers if you just spam it on a bunch of people, e.g. melees who are almost always stacked on each other.
    And at last, I guess he had way more haste than you have, so it's quite possible that he healed the same targets as you did, but just 0,5sec faster, so your heals always landed in overheal.

Maybe he had a build like this:

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000

So he gets 6% increased healing from the improved Devo aura which is constant rather than conviction which is just based on chance of crit to do more healing.

They had 2 Druids in the raid. Imp Devo does nothing in this case.
    But yes, you should put your points into Prot, rather than in the Ret tree.

P.S.: There's much wore wrong than just the spec, you should absolutely read some of the very informative Holy Paladin FAQ's.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should use nightmare's tear in the other slot on on your helm, >>>>>>>> purple gem. Your enchants are way off, you should never have resilience, and certainly never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, gear/enchant/gem spirit. Other than that, you should try and get more mp5. Haste+mp5>>Haste+crit>>>>>>mp5+crit.

Edit: oh, and if you're gonna insist on specing Holy/Ret, do it right and be a FoL healer, stack SP. Of course it would be easer/better to just change your spec to Holy/Prot.

Edit2: why do you have glyph of Might? In what possible situation would you ever buff yourself Might as a Holy Paladin? The Kings minor glyph is better, though there are a few other options.
    Last edited by Elovan; 2010-07-05 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan View Post
    You should use nightmare's tear in the other slot on on your helm, >>>>>>>> purple gem. Your enchants are way off, you should never have resilience, and certainly never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, gear/enchant/gem spirit. Other than that, you should try and get more mp5. Haste+mp5>>Haste+crit>>>>>>mp5+crit.

Edit: oh, and if you're gonna insist on specing Holy/Ret, do it right and be a FoL healer, stack SP. Of course it would be easer/better to just change your spec to Holy/Prot.

Edit2: why do you have glyph of Might? In what possible situation would you ever buff yourself Might as a Holy Paladin? The Kings minor glyph is better, though there are a few other options.
    I just changed my spec to Holy/Prot.

Changing gem in helm as well.

The glyph is getting changed as well.

Thanks everyone for the replies so far.

in this case we can probably say gear, you should never have two holy pallies in a because 1 renders the other useless(95% of the time) when means it looks like their slacking when ready they are just overhealing what is already an over heal.

also take into the account you had two druids and a shaman which covers the aoe heal which means you aren't getting that much direct healing from JoL i don't know about you guys but JoL is usually what comes out to 70% of your over healing and 10% of your actual heals. at least in my case.

so it's mostly just a bad healer comp should of switched out one those holy pallies for another priest that was holy or disc depending on what the priest was.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Head echant is wrong, shoulder enchant is wrong. Both should be sp and mp5
    Really using an off-hand and not a shield?
    Wrong enchants on boots and legs? I mean spirit??? Should have sp and stam on legs and tuskar's vitality on boots.

Trinkets are wrong. If you cant get something else get the ilvl 200 one from toc normal. Not a spellpower one.

Dump every piece of gear with spirit on it. It is a wasted stat.

There is a very good holy pally in my guild who has actually written a guide on holy paladins in a 25man. It is his belief that in a set of healers, holy pallies should not be doubled up on. He goes much more in-depth with his analysis than I will but his logs show that when two pallies start healing, the amount of overhealing is intense. What eventually begins to happen is that one of the paladins starts "sniping" holy lights on the tank. This means that both start casting, both go off, 1 hits for effective healing that brings the tank/whatever to 100% while the other lands .1 - .2 seconds later, resulting is nearly 100% overhealing

TL;DR - The other paladin only needs to be .1 seconds faster as HL to totally destroy your effective healing due to "sniping" your heals

Quote Originally Posted by Londonforce View Post
    There is a very good holy pally in my guild who has actually written a guide on holy paladins in a 25man. It is his belief that in a set of healers, holy pallies should not be doubled up on. He goes much more in-depth with his analysis than I will but his logs show that when two pallies start healing, the amount of overhealing is intense. What eventually begins to happen is that one of the paladins starts "sniping" holy lights on the tank. This means that both start casting, both go off, 1 hits for effective healing that brings the tank/whatever to 100% while the other lands .1 - .2 seconds later, resulting is nearly 100% overhealing

TL;DR - The other paladin only needs to be .1 seconds faster as HL to totally destroy your effective healing due to "sniping" your heals
    Or you can just bomb holy lights like your supposed to and youl do roughly the same.

Thanks so much everyone, I just use a few suggestions and noticed a small, but noticeable improvement.

That dam trinket in toc 5 hasn't dropped yet though.

But on the trinket issue, is the 245 badge intel trinket not good?

Wrong enchants: Head, shoulder, chest, legs, boots
    Weak enchant: Weapon
    Bad gear: Hands, Ring 1, Trinket 2, you don't have a shield... I didn't even realise we could use offhand books.

Tips: Aim for haste/mp5 gear as a priority; if you have a druid or prot paladin that always shows up for raids drop improved devo aura for other raid benefits or benediction; if you really want to min/max pick up BS and JC.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

No the 245 one is good, the 213 one is bad

Just keep farming toc normal till you get it

Just a quick update. I took all advice to heart and as of now, no one comes close to my heals except the very best geared shammys.

Yeah, my shoulder enchant is totally wrong, but my alt with Inscription is not at max yet. Thanks guys, I can honestly say this forum helped me out.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Handsome Stranger View Post
    Just a quick update. I took all advice to heart and as of now, no one comes close to my heals except the very best geared shammys.

Yeah, my shoulder enchant is totally wrong, but my alt with Inscription is not at max yet. Thanks guys, I can honestly say this forum helped me out.
    Then i can give you some few more updates:

Keep in mind that Improved Devotion aura don't stack with tree of life aura and some prot paladins also already have that talent. If you happen to have them in the raid it's better to go for some other point. Also you gotta have Aura mastery. Aura mastery is a real life saver on encounters like blood queen for extra shadow resistance. Sindragosa extra frost resistance and so on.

Also there is a really good trinket from Toc 5 man normal that can be used far into the game. Since it's normal you can farm it as many times over as you want to.

Also stats you are going to go for are Haste>Mp5>Crit. So get the Sp/mp5 enchants on head and shoulders.
    And get the +16 int on bracers instead of sp.

Edit: Just read the previous posts and somethings are already pointed out.

Some more things: A great addon to use is grid when you heal. If you gonna use it also get Gridraidstatusdebuff something.

There is a thing that reduces latency also if you have kinda high latency. Known as Latencyfix something. Probably somone else that can say the full name of it. Also there is Snowfallkeypress which makes your keyboard work as your mouse. The spell starts casting when you press it in instead of when you relese the key.
    Last edited by Xart; 2010-08-29 at 08:54 AM.

Just to add to the mostly good advice already here, replace the legs ASAP, they're not called 'dubious charms' for no reason! The tailored leggings of woven death are excellent.

Get the tier shoulders to replace the ones you currently have.

Get the runspeed enchant on boots since you're now holy/prot.

The suggestion to use grid is good, but you should also bind your spells to mouseover macros, or use clique. The reason is so that you can stand in melee range whenever possible and keep the boss targeted. This will allow you a free swing on the boss every time you cast an instant, which adds up to a LOT of mana from SoW - especially during quiet parts of fights when you can judge on CD.
    Last edited by Azyoulike; 2010-08-29 at 09:27 AM.