Elemental fine tuning

I recently picked up my shaman, which I haven't played for a while and while I did play it, I was mainly enh/resto. Now I'm ele/resto, but I mainly play ele because I also heal on my pally

Anyway, I can't help but feel that my haste rating is a bit low. I'm of course trying to get upgrades as often as possible, but so far this is what I have:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ist&cn=Masalai

I have 106 frost emblems, so I can upgrade either helm or chest to t10 (still hoping to win legs in voa), but helm is a very minor upgrade and if I upgrade chest, I'll need to reach hit cap on my trinket instead, in which case I'll lose 200sp from OS25 trinket.

Questions:
    - Will I benefit from gemming haste at any point, or should I just stick with sp?
    - Which upgrade would you guys suggest? And in other slots? As mentioned, I have 106 frost emblems and so far I've been working on getting 4set bonus on t10, but maybe I should get totem or something else first?

I also have other chars, so getting primordials, if any craftables would be good to me, shouldn't be that big a hassle.

Hope you experts out there can give me some advice This is my first offensive caster, otherwise I've always played mainly physical dps classes (rogue/hunter/ret pala).

My main spec is resto but I do play elemental often so I'll try my best to answer your questions.

The first thing I would do is get yourself some scale factors. The best thing to do is use the ZAP spreadsheet, from here http://wowhats.wordpress.com/ (some good advice on here too). It's straightforward to use and should tell you how much dps you get per point of whatever stat, with your stats entered in. Even though your haste is slightly low I still wouldn't gem for it.

The first thing I notice is the ToC trinket you have, If you're going to drop any trinket for hit that is the first one to go. It depends on what hit trinket you are going for though. If it is the EoT one I would go for it, and get the chest. Even better with the EoF one. The chest you'd get for frost emblems is a nice upgrade on all stats, and the crit you would gain would simply make up for the crit you would lose from the ToC trinket, not to mention the EoT hit trinket on use effect is stronger than the Fetish stacks. Then once you gain another 80 badges you can complete your set. On the other hand, I would imagine the hit on the trinket would far outweigh what you would lose, and you are already over the cap slightly (I presume you raid with a spriest/moonkin?)You would be at 17%, but this is fine when your setup doesn't usually have the hit buff. If you do,to be honest I recommend you maybe gem for hit to make up for it. But you really need to work this out yourself using scale factors and the spreadsheet.

With gemming, stick to spell power, but take advantage of the socket bonuses when there are yellow sockets, to up your haste a little. The spreadsheet has a section where you can compare the dps of certain combinations of gems in various socket/bonus combos.

In terms of your actual gear, the crafted 245 cloth bracers are better for elemental; they have a socket to make up for 9 less spell power. They also have haste. Get rid of the black magic enchant, this is not good. I can tell you're trying to get more haste but seriously better gear will sort that out, more ICC upgrades etc. 63 spell power enchant every time. You have an odd ring combination as well, the mp5 ring is also trash for elemental, that is where you are losing the haste. If you have gold look into the JC ring (one with the hearthstone), but again, ICC upgrades will come if you go regularly. Also, never gem for +10 all stats. For the meta, either sp/stam or sp/mp5 is good (the latter if you use chain lightning alot, though doesn't matter really).

Hope this helps. You just need to do some digging around and get yourself some pugs or keep farming ICC every week. For now, don't worry about your haste.