Thread: Beta Duration .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I've said this before. Ghostcrawler said at the last BlizzCon that we'd be complaining about Goblin rogues by next BlizzCon. This year, BlizzCon is October 22-23. So therefor, we're getting the game before that, and beta will end before the game starts. My guess is it'll end early/mid October.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnytrail View Post
    I've said this before. Ghostcrawler said at the last BlizzCon that we'd be complaining about Goblin rogues by next BlizzCon. This year, BlizzCon is October 22-23. So therefor, we're getting the game before that, and beta will end before the game starts. My guess is it'll end early/mid October.
    i agree

Things change. Just because GC said something doesn't mean they won't run into unexpected development problems.

and GC is never wrong thats why there's 32 bosses in icc

Consensus amongst retailers seems to be November, Given the start date of the beta that sits about right timewise given the past. As long as everything goes well I'd assume about mid November before we see it.

I'm going to say around October we'll see it. This expansion is getting tiring for people and I think they know it. Blizzcon is late October and I really think they are going to try to get it out before or around then, which would leave over 3 months of beta, which seems like fairly accurate if it ends up similar than the others.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by asfrina View Post
    Consensus amongst retailers seems to be November, Given the start date of the beta that sits about right timewise given the past. As long as everything goes well I'd assume about mid November before we see it.
    Retailers don't know anything about when the game is going to be released, they are just guessing based on past Expansions or pulling them from thin air like the rest of us .
    Ouuu eee uw ah ah ting tang wola wola bing bang

Deleted
    It's all well and good speculating, but really we can't put a date on it.

How polished does the beta look? How many placeholder models/unfinished spells/quests/areas/dungeons are there? These are the only ways we can predict when it'll hit IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Seregon View Post
    Do you take everything you read this literally?

Further on-topic:
    From what I've seen so far from beta footage this build has a long way to go before live realms. It looks a lot worse, and a lot less finished than the initial WotLK beta.
    I don't think it can really be compared with wotlk's beta. They have more quests to (re)do, but not as much new landmass as wotlk. Also some of it actually looks more finished than wotlk's beta: every new zone in cata including deephome, twilight highlands and uldum seem about finished from a terrain and buildings point of view. When wotlk hit beta, icecrown, storm peaks and (iirc) dalaran were still full of untextured placeholder models.

Then again maybe they're trying to finish the artwork ahead of the rest to be able to start preloading the bulk of the huge 4.0 patch asap.
    Last edited by Zlodo; 2010-07-06 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrens View Post
    Retailers don't know anything about when the game is going to be released, they are just guessing based on past Expansions or pulling them from thin air like the rest of us .
    Thats exactly what i said learn to read please.

Quote Originally Posted by Zannx View Post
    I was wondering how long is the beta set to be out for? ive asked many people and they said atleast a couple months i dont know if thats true though?
    4 months is a good estimate.

It all depends on if Blizzard thinks it's ready though.