10+ Year Old Account

Fullmetal Alchemist VS. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood!

So, now that it's over, i dare anybody to say that the old one was better with a better ending!

(I'm gonna share some spoilers here, so anyone who haven't seen one of the endings and don't want to be spoiled, don't read further )

Sorry for the long texts :P I got a bit carried away.

First off, the original one: Alphonse gets his armor transmuted into a Philosophers Stone by Scar, who is still a villian.
    They get to Central, where they find a house below the ground. There they meet with their father and some lady, and learn
    that they have been using Philosophers Stones to prolong their lives for several hundred years. A fight ensues, and - if I
    don't remember wrong - Edward dies. After the fight, Alphonse thansmutes the stone within him and himself to revive his
    brother. Edward gets revived and realizes what Al did. He transmutes himself to revive Al again, sacrificing his whole body,
    ending up on the other side of the "Gate of Truth." There he finds his father, and a world similar to ours. Back on the other
    side, Al gets revived with his body and all, but no memories from after he lost his body.
    All this is followed later by a movie that ends with them being reunited.

Now, Botherhood: It starts out somewhat similar to the old one, but soon strays away from it. The Führer is still a
    Homunculus, but doesn't get killed by Mustang. (In fact, in this one, I think that he would kill Mustang with ease :P )
    Greed is not such a small character this time. He starts out as his old self, but gets cooked in lava. He then gets inserted
    into a prince of the country Xing who is looking for immortality in Amestris. All the way through, it's unsure whether or not
    he's a friend or foe. The prince, Lin Yao, keeps fighting with Greed for control over his body, but in the end cooperate with him and
    share his body. (I think i'm getting a bit too excited here, so i'll just skip to the ending. I suppose those who read this
    know what i'm talking about :P )

Anyways, Central HQ is taken over by the Briggs soliders and the Führer is supposed dead in
    a train accident. Suddenly, the Führer appears and starts slaughtering the Briggs people. One of Lin's bodyguards, Fu, takes
    up the fight, but die along with Captain Buccaneer. When the Führer tries to escape, they manage to hurt him. Meanwhile below,
    Al, Ed, Mustang and several more are trying to find the place where Father is. They run into a Mad Doctor who was the one who
    raised and chose Bradley as the Führer. After some time fighting with his underlings - men who didn't qualify for the position
    of Führer - he performs a transmution. Al and Ed get's sucked into some eyes, and get teleported to Father's place. Izumi Curtis
    Also gets teleported at the same time, somewhere else in Central. Hohenheim is already there, and have been captured by Father.
    The ones that are there are rreferred to as Human Sacrifices, but they are missing one. So Selim forces Mustang to perform a
    human transmution, threatening to kill Hawkeye. Mustang is shown the Truth and get's his eyes taken as a toll before getting
    teleported to Father.

At the top of an eclipse, Father performs a transmution with a circle dug out underneath Amestris, taking all the souls of the
    people in the country to devour God. Ell of the people in Amestris get their souls sucked out and Father devours god. With
    the souls of all the people in Amestris, he is able to keep God under his control. Hohenheim, however knew this would happen,
    and have scattered pieces of the Philosopher's Stone he's got inside of him at strategic places in Amestris, forming a
    transmution circle. This transmution returns all the souls to the people in Amestris, and they start to fight against Father.

In the end, after Father is so weak that he can't control God, he escapes to create some more Philosopher's Stones.
    After some fighting, Ed get's thrown back to a piece of concrete and get's his left arm pierced by some rebar
    His right automail arm has been broken by Father earlier in the fight.
    Al, who is in a critical state - his blood seal is about to crack - performs a remote transmution using Mei's
    Alkhaestry (or something) and transmutes Ed's right arm (the real one) back using himself as a toll.

Ed, after seeing Al transmute himself, goes on a rampage and eventually kills Father. Afterwards, he finds a way
    to keep his arm and get Al back by offering his ability to perform Alchemy as a toll to take Al - with his body -
    back to the world.

Later, we see that Dr. Marcoh has one last Philosopher's Stone, and offers to give Mustang his sight back.
    Mustang accspts, but wants him to heal Havoc first who got paralyzed from the waist down earlier in the series.
    Hohenheim dies - after using the last of his Stone - in front of his wife's grave.

Two years go by, and the Elric brothers decide to go on a trip to learn about other forms of Alchemy.
    Al, who was healed completely after getting his body back, goes to the east towards Xing with two
    chimeras. Ed is going to the west, but before he goes on the train he - in his own, very special way -
    proposes to Winry. Mustang hasn't taken the seat as Führer, but left it to his old friend. (sorry :/
    Can't remember his name) He has however, helped to rebuild the nation of Ishval with the help of Miles
    and Scar. Selim, who got reduced to almost nothing in the fight with father is being raised by Madam Bradley.

When the ending song comes, we see some pictures:
    Pinako in front of Trisha's grave. And next to it, she has buried Hohenheim.
    Armstrong and some other people. Probably in Xing.
    Scar and Miles (Probably seeing to the rebuilding of their holy land)
    Two dogs with puppies :P
    Lin Yao as Emperor of Xing with Lan Fan in hiding behind his throne.
    Two of the Chimeras with what's-his-name-again.
    Hawkeye and Mustang with a mustache and a nice hat. Probably after he became Führer.
    Izumi and her husband.
    One guy from Mustang's team. (the guy with glasses on communications all the time -.-)
    Two more from Mustang's team, this time with a woman.
    Another one from Mustang's team up in the North.
    Ed and Winry holding a boy and a baby girl, plus Al, Mei and two people from Rush Valley in the background.
    Last: Ed boarding a train.

So, now that i'm finished writing, I want to ask you, how do you feel about FMA VS FMA:B?
    Please, do share your thoughts.

PS: Yeah i know -.- 10 times longer about Brotherhood than the original one :P
    Summergale 85 Paladin - Holy/Prot dual specced.
    The Insane Progress:
    Steamweedle: Exalted (done: 999/1000)
    Bloodsail: Honored (done: 1618/12000)
    Darkmoon: Friendly (in progress: 275/6000)
    Ravenholdt: Revered (in progres: 4000/21000)

15+ Year Old Account
    Brotherhood is more faithful to the original manga.

Thank you for reminding me I needed to watch FMA:Brotherhood, I completely forgot about it. I was a big fan of the original anime and was sort of taken back by the fact they were coming out with another FMA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Skipped over the spoilers >_> I enjoy watching the one episode a week via Hulu. I'm at 61.

I enjoy Brotherhood so much more than the original series. It shows the bigger picture and more characters and way more action!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    Skipped over the spoilers >_> I enjoy watching the one episode a week via Hulu. I'm at 61.

I enjoy Brotherhood so much more than the original series. It shows the bigger picture and more characters and way more action!
    There are 64 episodes in total
    Summergale 85 Paladin - Holy/Prot dual specced.
    The Insane Progress:
    Steamweedle: Exalted (done: 999/1000)
    Bloodsail: Honored (done: 1618/12000)
    Darkmoon: Friendly (in progress: 275/6000)
    Ravenholdt: Revered (in progres: 4000/21000)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fooliecoolie View Post
    Brotherhood is more faithful to the original manga.
    It also looks better.

I have to say Brotherhood is in all respects superior.

I watch the episodes on GongMulti on youtube, they LEGALLY upload each new episode. Currently only 1 missing.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2010-07-07 at 02:03 AM.