15+ Year Old Account

Help me make a new UI!

Hello all! I've been using the same UI for a longgg time now and I decided it's time for a change

I'd like something simple, but yet not too minimalist (and I want to see things on my screen).

Below is a list of the major interface addons I'm using and aswell a screenshot of it.

-Bartender 4
    -Xperl Unit Frame
    -Titan panel
    -Mappy
    -I don't use any scrolling combat text addon
    -Bagnon
    -Magic Runes (for my DK)
    -Prat 3.0
    -Quest Helper
    -Rating Buster
    -Recount
    -VuhDo (for healing on my shaman)

Here's the screenshot [1680x1050]:

Alright, any ideas or premade UI for me that I would like?

Thanks for the help

Interesting trade chat going on there... :P

But anyway, everything is just way too big. Like your minimap is a massive eyesore. I also never liked using X-Perl, never understood the reason people like it.

But just try scaling things down a lot. Will be better in the long run.

Scale down your bars and made the majority of them visible on mouseover. You don't need to have big bars showing abilities or items you normally won't use in combat. Hell, if you've got some sort of cooldown bar then I wouldn't show any bars for elemental. I'd ditch Xperl for ShadowedUnitFrames, since they're much cleaner and can do the same stuff. For the most part though, you're going to have to scale down your UI a bit so you can fit everything(VuhDo currently is going to overlap with a bunch of stuff).

Could just as easily apply the same logic to your TukUI modification, let alone your first one.
    Is the amount of gold you currently have needing to be visible all the time.
    Same with the addon memory usage, number of guildies/friends online.
    Framerate unless testing the impact of addon choices / graphics settings is unecessary. In which case the wow client has its own FPS indicator you can toggle on or off with Ctrl+R.

Titan Panel will display what you put on it. It just generally has too much by default.
    It will function as an LDB display so will do most of what any other similar display much like the one used in Tukui does.
    Since I am sure those are indeed just LDB broker data sources then they would operate in exactly the same way in titan panel.

Deathkoil - How did you make it so there are 2 action bars at the bottom( as well as the portaits) ? Is there a command for tukui to be able to configure it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the really constructive answers!

I'll try to get my new UI look like yours, Deathkoil, I really like the look of it.

And just one more question: the CPU and memory usage of addons is that important? Considering my PC is a top-end gaming system, I really don't mind it, or even though it can make my WoW run pretty sloppy?

On this note, I'll wipe my Addon folder since I want to start from scratch and there's too many outdated addons and many that I don't use (Yes, I'm kinda lazy haha)

Thanks again and I'll surely post here soon or PM one of you for question regarding commands and how to setup some of them

Memory usage is often stated by many, but is rarely a consideration unless it spirals out of control.
    Database addons like Auctioneer, Mobmab etc will store a huge amount of information so their memory usage will be substantially larger than most addons, but when not actively doing something will be using very little CPU, while unitframes/raidframes will be just the opposite with minimal memory usage, but being far more active, particularly during a raid.
    What the addon does and when it will be most active will detemine if either of those could be an issue, though in practice either are small compared to the overhead of the game client itself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the clarification about that.

Also, I sent you a PM DeathKoil, I'm having some issues haha

I believe it still works, though there are several others which offer similar features if it does not.
    People seem to forget that wow easily uses 1gb or more regularly, yet complain about an addon that uses 1mb.