Thread: ICC Boss Lore

ICC Boss Lore

I've noticed that some of the bosses in ICC don't have any lore behind them (or they might and I just haven't found it.) Fights like Saurfang, Blood Princes, Blood Queen, Sindragosa, and Lich King have some lore behind them. But other fights like Marrowgar, Putrcide, Fester, and Rotface. Does anyone know any lore behind those bosses or are they truly lore-less?

Many bosses are with out any real substantial lore behind them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    (Oh god I'm such a troll)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    all bosses doesnt need lore just end of the raid instance require som elore atleast thats what i think :P
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

Marrowgar for one is simply a creation of the LK, constructed from the bones of fallen adventurers who tried to enter ICC previously.
    A sentinel, like the trap-bound sentinels.

Putricide is an evil dude... and fester/rotface are his bitches.

/LORE'd

But in all seriousness, not every boss needs a full, in-depth back-story.

Most of the bosses without lore are "twisted creations" of the Lich King.
    They were created to make the instance longer.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Actually, Marrowgar if I remember correctly from the ICC previews, is the primary general of the Scourge armies, as in the main field commander. Putricide is the primary creator of the actual Scourge plague itself, the thing that Sylvanas and the Royal Apothecary Society had been trying for so long to reverse engineer. Festergut and Rotface are simply his most powerful abominations, nothing more to it really, no reason for there to be, anymore than Patchwerk needed a dramatic backstory other than 'super strong undead thing'.

The Dreamwalker encounter is presumably the attempt of the Lich King to penetrate and unleash the Scourge upon the Emerald Dream as well. A lot of the lore behind lesser known bosses is found in Blizzard previews or can easily be derived from in-game dialogue, even if there doesn't happen to be much in the way of quests about them.