Thread: Combat Log

Combat Log

With this new chat system, I use a lot of tabs. But that combat log is in the way the whole time. How can I disable that thing?

Thanks!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can't. You can detach it and move it somewhere else (like with just barely enough tab to click on still on the screen) by opening your Combat Log, unlocking it, and then dragging it away from the other chat windows. But you can't actually disable it.

Maybe something like Fluidframes / Moveanything could do it.
    But if I dragged the frame out somewhere so undocking it from the chat I was able to toggle its visibility with

Code:
    /script ChatFrame2:Hide()
    /script ChatFrame2:Show()
    Assuming it is ChatFrame2 which could vary depending on what others you have opened/created.
    Simply doing this while the frame was docked in the chat did not seem to work, but it did just fine once dragged out.

On a sidenote - i'm slowly working on a UI which will implement this concept, to toggle the visibility of chat frames, minimap etc through some buttons, maybe simple LDB broker launchers.

/framestack - to toggle a display indicating the frames under the mouse.
    Should allow you to figure out which chat frame is which.
    Repeat the command to turn it off.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2010-07-06 at 04:24 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Combat Log is hard-coded to always be ChatFrame2, actually. Simplifies things from both Blizzard's and the UI side. :-)