Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    EDIT: Untested, as usual.
    Nevertheless, it works.
    Thank you very much.

Yes I see it now:

REJUV REJUV REJUV REJUV REJUV REJUV REJUV WILD GROWTH REJUV REJUV REJUV REJUV REJUV REJUV REJUV.

And to think my parents insist I am insane as it is.

Inb4 "Sorry guys we wiped to defile because my voice activated addon is about 2 seconds slow and didn't understand me correctly"

"Target Rotface"

"Alright guys, don't stand in the goo, make sure you're behind him when he starts spitting, and when the oozes are about to explode make sure you run away from everyone."

"Hey, as fire do you use fireblast in your rotation?"

"Of course not, why would you still even have fireblast on your keybi-"

"WHEEEEEEEEEEEE"

I'm sorry, but that's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw that, very nice piece of work!

Hi all.
    Posting to apologize to those who were interested in the system and to say I've not abandoned the project, just couldn't keep up the work because of some problems including technical issues and constant cough which I have not completely healed yet (you'll notice this in the future videos).
    Now I work on the video about clearing heroic dungeons with voice control.
    Consider this clip I've recorded over than a week ago a trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c0Gi2j9o_A
    The damage is not great for my ilvl at that moment (346/333) but still acceptable (lack of treants, trinkets and starfall is intended if it can be called so).
    The system currently supports only balance druids for testing and video-making purposes but I'm going to add some other classes in the future. Perhaps even melee ("auto-interact" is not perfect but acceptable).
    As for when all this stuff will be downloadable:
    I'm going to release sort of beta installation package for balance druids 1-85 this month. Unfortunately there are still many technical problems (especially with the voice recognition software) so I can't tell exactly when this will be complete.
    Last edited by Cursed; 2011-01-02 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
    Now I work on the video about clearing heroic dungeons with voice control.
    And here it is. Voice Control as it is. Uncut with minimum editing and subtitle excuses for mistakes and VC limitations.

1st part is quite boring and is about killing trash with VC.
    http://vimeo.com/18384381
    2nd part is a bit more interesting and features boss fights including those which don't allow you to just stand still and DD tough don't require speed of light reaction either.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCxZnGcACE4

This videos are quite long and dull but they serve just as a proof you CAN do SOME heroics (at least partially) even in a PUG using VC. Just don't expect it to be 100% reliable. Voice control is like goblin engineering. It may give you new abilities and may explode and wipe your group.
    In this videos I also use pure voice control which actually won't be required in most cases as most people who need this system will be able to move character using keyboard or trackball and thus bosses that require movement and reaction seem killable.

At this point I'm done with the videos (unless I have a chance to record a raid boss fight but unfortunately my guild needs me to heal) and focus on beta release.
    I still highly appreciate suggestions on voice recognition software as most I've seen thus far are far from perfect.

Extremy amazing thing you have made here Cursed, I'm acctualy consider to test this even if I'm not disabled in any way, just to feel it out.

Atm I don't have an active account, but still some questions.

When you set the voice up, is it something you should think about? (Like stuff that sounds similar in the english language) as I assume you know some as you worked with this program and hit some walls now and then
    Retired WoW player - Active as a casual in Vanilla, raider in 3.0 and 3.1 and casual from 3.2 and forward!

What would be extremely interested is with your voice, you could queue certain spells to be cast... say three in a row, instead of yelling boringly at your computer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aearion View Post
    What would be extremely interested is with your voice, you could queue certain spells to be cast... say three in a row, instead of yelling boringly at your computer.
    And then you'd get banned for it, since that's automation. One input action (keypress, mouse click, voice detect) per action. No timed delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    And then you'd get banned for it, since that's automation. One input action (keypress, mouse click, voice detect) per action. No timed delays.
    Doesn't the current Blizzard code atm allows you to queue one spell cast after? Or did they remove this, i remember when casting spells were annoying with proccs, when your lightning bolt were queued but you wanted to cast Lava Burst
    Retired WoW player - Active as a casual in Vanilla, raider in 3.0 and 3.1 and casual from 3.2 and forward!

Deleted
    Yes, as long as you do it within the game engine. As soon as you delay your input (keypresses, mouse clicks), it's automation.

The Voice Control programs have been around for a while and yet not one has been banned for using them I am sure -I use them too! (used, when boosting my other account chars )

The only issue I have is that with W7 it always loads the default dictionary like "start" and it opens the start menu, I wish I could have only made it load my own words so "start" would be a spell for example... it was perfect in XP but Microsoft changed the library... grr

I realize this is an old post, but the concepts are still valid. I have a member in my raid team who is suffering from macular degeneration, she has a great deal of difficulty selecting the current target and also keeping up her rotation. Does anyone know of any tools or aids for WoW players who have this kind of vision problem? Her DPS has been suffering very badly because of her inability to quickly switch targets, to move out of things that kill you and also her inability to see her keyboard well enough limits her rotation abilities. Any help would be greatly appreciated.