Thread: Defense cap?

Defense cap?

Blizz said that they're adding a talent which will make you defense capped...
    I just looked at the new talents for those classes and I didn't find any talent that will make you def capped?
    Or maybe I missed it?
    Can you help me out? please

15+ Year Old Account
    it's all the "reduces chance to be critically struck by 6%" talents that get you defense capped.
    BfA Beta Time

No. By going into your respective" tanking mode" you are defense capped
    DK= frost presence
    Warrior=defensive stance
    Druid=bear/dire bear form
    Pally=righteous fury

This is how it will be in Cataclysm. Only druids have a talent which makes them defense capped in WOTLK.

You actually need the talents from each tanking trees to be defense capped (AKA crit immune from bosses)

Kind of like how bears are now.

Without these talents you will be vulnerable to crits.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    No. By going into your respective" tanking mode" you are defense capped
    DK= frost presence
    Warrior=defensive stance
    Druid=bear/dire bear form
    Pally=righteous fury

This is how it will be in Cataclysm. Only druids have a talent which makes them defense capped in WOTLK.
    nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnno.

it's been reworked for cataclysm to bring back some thought to tanking. each class will need to spec into crit immunity.

druids: survival of the fittest
    death knights: improved blood presence
    warriors: safeguard
    paladins: holy shield
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnno.

it's been reworked for cataclysm to bring back some thought to tanking. each class will need to spec into crit immunity.

druids: survival of the fittest
    death knights: improved blood presence
    warriors: safeguard
    paladins: holy shield
    Ah. When did they change this? It means that I can't let holy shield drop for even a second.

You just need the talent, holy shield dropping won't suddenly make you vulnerable to criticals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Ah. When did they change this? It means that I can't let holy shield drop for even a second.
    last beta build. holy shield CD is only 8 seconds but i think the buff it places on you is permanent since i don't see a duration listed in the tooltip.

---------- Post added 2010-07-06 at 07:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blackvivi265 View Post
    You just need the talent, holy shield dropping won't suddenly make you vulnerable to criticals.
    you actually do need to have the spell up since the 6% crit reduction is granted by the buff and not the talent. active vs. passive and what not.
    BfA Beta Time

The wording on Holy Shield is awful, really. If you get the talent, you get 6% uncrittability permanently, + you get ability called Holy Shield that when you use, you get the rest of the stuff on the talent. The should separate it imo, and move uncrittability to another talent.

As for the Warrior talent, a blue post stated they were thinking of moving the Crit Reduction to Improved Defensive Stance, a 6th-point Talent, which is really quite a shame. Safeguard is actually a really useful situational talent most people pass over.

And from everything I'm reading (member of the No Beta Club, here) Holy Shield will have no charges, and they may even make it completely passive... A lot is still up in the air for Pallies, actually. Holy Shock is still in the Holy Tree.... :P

Field Marshal Herald of Garrosh's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    More like crapgaurd.

Let them come! BLOOD AND THUNDER!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobptimus Prime View Post
    As for the Warrior talent, a blue post stated they were thinking of moving the Crit Reduction to Improved Defensive Stance, a 6th-point Talent, which is really quite a shame. Safeguard is actually a really useful situational talent most people pass over.

And from everything I'm reading (member of the No Beta Club, here) Holy Shield will have no charges, and they may even make it completely passive... A lot is still up in the air for Pallies, actually. Holy Shock is still in the Holy Tree.... :P
    So it would be like the warrior talent, mobs take dmg when you block. But imo, the warrior crit reccing talent should be Imp. Defensive Stance. More logical. Also paladins should have it in improved Righteous Fury. But w/e they decide the effect will be the same, so guess it doesn't matter that much :P

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Also paladins should have it in improved Righteous Fury. But w/e they decide the effect will be the same, so guess it doesn't matter that much :P
    Ret paladins in pvp with 6% crit chance reduction in addition to 6% damage reduction + resilience ? D:

---------- Post added 2010-07-07 at 12:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bobptimus Prime View Post
    Holy Shock is still in the Holy Tree.... :P
    Improved Holy Shock is, Holy Shock talent was replaced by Divine light