Thread: Ros'Fon

10+ Year Old Account

Ros'Fon

Name: Ros'fon, answered to Ros.
    Race: Jungle Troll.
    Class: Former shadow hunter.

Standing at 7"6', Ros is a fine physical specimen. Speanding years training in the ways of the Shadow hunter only to forsake his calling, he is brutally strong, fast and sharp. With heavy Scars all over his body, punishment for desertion of his tribe he has been stripped of all his possesions. This means he dresses as differently from his breatheren as he can, wearing well made leather armour and even custom made boots to fit his troll feet. He makes it a point to cater to his appearance, brushing and trimming his hair, growing it out to cover his tatooes and washing regulairly. He pourpously Tries to speak without his natural accent, but he slips up sometimes.

Ros was the son of Mig'jin Chieftan of the Shatterspear tribe. As the future leader of his people he was trained by his fathers inner circle of Witch-doctors, Warriors and Hexers in the way of the Shadow hunter. At the time the shatterspears were fanatics, commiting acts of comunal cannibalism, rape and murder in the name of their loa gods. Wishing to preserve the ways of their old empire after the passing of hakkar they secluded themselves, relying on inbreeding and dark voodoo to increase the longevity of the tribe. These monstrosities continued, away from the eyes of the rest of the world, for generations. It wasn't untill his mother, Haijamba, was caught commiting adultary with a high ranking witch-doctor, that Ros saw the lifestyle of his tribe for what it truley was.
    Barbaric.
    Hauled into the middle of the village she was hogtied and slung over a burning fire, while onlookers chanted, elders and family members of Mig'jin took it in turns to torture her, this went on for hours until the poor woman was all but dead. Then, the same witch-doctor she had been caught with, also beaten within an inch of his life, was forced to cut her down, and into the fire before jumping in himself. Long after the ceremony was over all Ros, now a young adult, could do was stand there, watching as the great fire consuming his mother died down. Ros was never told what his mother had done, His father had decreed that anyone who mentioned the indecent would be punished.
    His father, wanting his heir to be devout to the gods, but a clear minded leader forced Ros to finish his training. He grew to resent his father, Knowing only that he killed his own wife, and later discovering that she was in fact his sister aswell.

Feeling disgusted with himself and his race, disconnected with the gods he had devoted his life to, and full of pure hate for his father, Ros had to change something. For weeks he plotted by himself, scoping out his fathers hut, when he would be alone, who was truly loyal to him, until at last he had a plan.
    One night when both Ros and Mig came home from evening prayer, Ros slipped a light poison in his fathers tea before serving him. As the now elderly troll passed out from the toxin, his son approached, grasping his ceremonial axe. Just as Ros struck the killing blow, a senior witch-doctor walked in, asking for a final blessing.
    Stunned by the scene before him: his chieftain dead, his own son clutching the weapon that had ended him. The troll stayed rooted to the ground, looking at Ros with pure shock.
    Fearing he would be revealed Ros attacked the elder, His years of training paying off, summoning the power of his gods, the Voodoo master was no match for the new Chieftain of the Shatterspear.

((part two in a bit, my phone is almost out of power))
    Last edited by stalling; 2010-07-07 at 08:16 PM.

Skylar, The Twilight Shadow.
    Shan'do Ninsho Wisepaw, Wardancer and future Shodo-Pan.

Ros'Fon (Uncapitalize the f) Isn't a very Troll name.

Maybe search some names for Trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Also, shadowhunter's aren't just trained, from my knowledge. They are most often (head)hunters or warriors, who started using voodoo magics and praying to the loa and have been granted a relationship with a certain or several loa, which they pray to and get their magic powers from. Also, they are the highest authority in their respective tribes, so I'm curious to see how your history will depict why he deserted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I did research names, Ros is a jungle troll prefix, in fact it is listed as an example name on wowwiki. as for Fon, well you should look up the troll language.
    It is a very troll name.
    As for the history, well I am typing that up- but lets just say his name used to be Ros'jin

---------- Post added 2010-07-06 at 11:40 PM ----------

Troll language
    Read the Primer for the fon bit.

I'm almost certain that Jungle Trolls would kill a troll who tried to desert their tribe, rather than just give him lots of scars. Especially a Shadow Hunter, who as I've already said are the highest authority in troll society. And why is the 'f' in 'fon' capatalized?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylanir View Post
    I'm almost certain that Jungle Trolls would kill a troll who tried to desert their tribe, rather than just give him lots of scars. Especially a Shadow Hunter, who as I've already said are the highest authority in troll society. And why is the 'f' in 'fon' capatalized?
    I've seen your posts in several other threads, attempting to tear down everyones bio. Try reserving comments for constructive criticism. "Hey, why don't you look at [text] to make sure your [name/place/bio] makes sense in this game world?" It's not hard to be considerate, especially in a tight-knit community.

Also - creative licence goes a long way. When Ed Greenwood and R.A. Salvatore set out to make a new campaign setting, they didn't just stick with the basics of AD&D, they added their own flair to it. That's what makes RP'ing fun. The ability to create your own world out of an existing universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ägallar View Post
    I've seen your posts in several other threads, attempting to tear down everyones bio. Try reserving comments for constructive criticism. "Hey, why don't you look at [text] to make sure your [name/place/bio] makes sense in this game world?" It's not hard to be considerate, especially in a tight-knit community.

Also - creative licence goes a long way. When Ed Greenwood and R.A. Salvatore set out to make a new campaign setting, they didn't just stick with the basics of AD&D, they added their own flair to it. That's what makes RP'ing fun. The ability to create your own world out of an existing universe.
    I try help people make their bio's as realistic and fully explained as possible, some things I miss, but there are some that grab my focus. The way I tell them what I think needs fixing seems to get everyone riled up about how aggressive and hostile I am, and believe me, I'm not. Also, I don't see you contributing to his bio in any way, do I?

keep it clean, gentlemen.

for every conversation, there is a speaker, and there is a listener. Because of the differences of each person's personality, some people may take what the speaker says in a way that's completely different than someone else. Wording is important, and though I feel slightly that Tylanir's stealing my job with all the critiquing, he's improved drastically.

There's no need to be defensive, Tylanir. Agallar, you shouldn't have called him out in public. If you want to talk to him about this kind of thing, do it in a PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the F was just a typo, I am not known for my err... skills, in the English language.
    As for the scaring, they are from injuries he sustained during his escape, which will be epic when you read it.
    Don't worry the history should be up this afternoon

Ah, that's fine, it was worded to make me think they found out he was deserting or something and they punished him THEN let him go, I look forward to reading how it happened.

Also, Madgod, if you wan't me to stop helping everyone so much just say the word and I'll tone it down.

naah I just have garotsitis :P

It's somewhat a reminder of back when the forums started up

10+ Year Old Account
    Well seeing as I start my first job today (zomg) I wont be able to finish up the history, take part in the cursed tower, or work on your art madgod. not sure what tomorrow looks like for me but I plan to have at-least the art done by the end of this weekend.