11 10.68%
  • I dont care about it, never post on official forums anyway

16 15.53%

Thread: forum real ID

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question forum real ID

So i know there thread about this but i wanted to start a poll about it.

Since both US / EU forums are exploded with people who hate the change.

eu:http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....sid=1&pageNo=1
    us:http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1

personaly opinion i dislike the change simply because i dont need everybody to know my real name but thats maybe just me.

dont make it a flamefest plz!!
    Last edited by schippie; 2010-07-07 at 01:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've posted on the offcial forums very few times, and I personally don't really care about it. But, I normally think about how other people would react to something, and of I was on the forums and liked to help all the noobs get started, then I wouldn't want my name out there to everyone.
    Last edited by Xosimos; 2010-07-06 at 11:45 PM.
    "We learn from history, that we learn nothing from history." - George B. Shaw

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll never use it in game, and, will never again use the WoW forums again. I only used to post in tech support or to bump a guild recruitment topic, but, not anymore. I've been seriously rethinking my subscription, I'm not thrilled about their changes.

did you guys see that one guy he was the first poster on the us forums i think. he was in the witness protection program he said hes gotta delete all of his posts because if the ppl find him they could kill him. gg blizz arent you all just so smart.

seriously though who was the idiot who came up with this. it makes 0 sense.

Quote Originally Posted by thedoomsayer View Post
    did you guys see that one guy he was the first poster on the us forums i think. he was in the witness protection program he said hes gotta delete all of his posts because if the ppl find him they could kill him. gg blizz arent you all just so smart.

seriously though who was the idiot who came up with this. it makes 0 sense.
    Except that like the news post update says: This change will be in effect for the new forum system, and the old ones will stay the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

I'm new to these forums in anticipation that RealID will go live. I will enjoy this as my new home to post my thoughts on things WoW related. Hope your site will be able to handle all the new traffic!

Go to the WoWRiot Entry and go to page 3. You will find a google maps picture of where Micah Whipples family lives.

Not so confident about RealID anymore, huh? Most idiotic idea ever.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    -Doomsayer

Not to be a naysayer, but it seems to me like that is a really bad idea to mention you are in the WPP on a public forum probably read by at least a million or two unique persons per day.

This change is definitely not one I would like to see happen(I do not post often anyways) but that one bit of info right there is more then likely over dramatized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist View Post
    Except that like the news post update says: This change will be in effect for the new forum system, and the old ones will stay the same.

the main problem i have with the forum change is that you dont have a choise AT ALL if you click No you cant post any more so you are forced to click YES and that is the thing that annoys me alot.

Quote Originally Posted by ifywtf View Post
    Go to the WoWRiot Entry and go to page 3. You will find a google maps picture of where Micah Whipples family lives.

Not so confident about RealID anymore, huh? Most idiotic idea ever.
    http://wowriot.gameriot.com/blogs/Am...com%29&gr_i_ni

This is the article he is referring to. Nice little bit of proof that this is one of the most blindingly retarded ideas Blizzard has ever had.

I think it is an absolutely terrible idea. However, I rarely visit the WoW forums, and I've only posted on it 3 or so times. I definitely will not be posting there anymore, that is for sure. I don't want randoms on my server knowing my name. (My server's forum is the only WoW board I ever visit; the others don't interest me.)

Although I probably will visit my server's board once the change takes place just to see the names of the frequent posters of my server. And then never go back.

There are 500+pages on there consisting mostly of "THIS IS A BAD IDEA" including MVPs, the blue response being "we think this idea is great and we want the forums to be a nice place for everybody to visit".

Their justification is removing trolls...

It's not just that "feature" coming that bothers me, it's how an idea as stupid as that can possibly have made it past the concept stage. I mean not its actual implementation but how they actually managed to say yes to the idea.

If you want to get rid of trolls, get more mods, ban flaming(which is the biggest problem, some guy just saying "lolur rating suks" instead of being constructive") and have people post on a forum ID that they can't jump on alts with.
    Last edited by Snebbles; 2010-07-07 at 12:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

I think it's utterly ridiculous and it has gone way too far.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to defeat you in a duel, you would have to fight off the strong urge to thank him.
    He would be allowed to use speed hacks in Battlegrounds- if he needed them.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He is- The Most Interesting Player in the World of Warcraft.

Honestly, they are up to something, THEY ARE

if they wanted to get rid of trolls then

Rule x: You can only post on 1 character per account and that must be your highest level character

Problem solved besides people who have multiple accounts, but there really isnt anything they can do besides that
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

Deleted
    Personally I absolutely hate it although my name is very common in my country and there are at least 20-30 people with it. Still, it is highly likely I will stop posting on official forums when this goes live, just out of protest:P

I just made an account here in preparation for this ridiculous change. I am in awe of the stupidity of this idea. D:

It will be interesting to see what happens now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maphisto40 View Post
    I just made an account here in preparation for this ridiculous change. I am in awe of the stupidity of this idea. D:

It will be interesting to see what happens now.
    you wil probably not be the only one lol. On a side note i hope blizz wil look at it again cause there are atm 900+ us pages and 150+ eu pages(full of complaints)
    Last edited by schippie; 2010-07-07 at 09:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As many other post have said in other portions of the forum... MMO-Champion will be the new non-offical offical forums for WoW. :]
    "We learn from history, that we learn nothing from history." - George B. Shaw

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok i just saw this and .............. cause in my opinion a forum is made to post on :

Soooo, we are forced to show ours Real Names?
    gm wryxian
    Quite simply, no. Your name would only show if you chose to post.

Please keep questions, feedback and discussion to the original stickied thread. Thanks

this answer is not really helpfull in my opinion.
    Last edited by schippie; 2010-07-07 at 10:21 AM.

I posted rarely before and wont post at all after that change. Sucks if I get technical issues of course.