Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Narphet View Post
    It has been stated all over every WoW related forum imaginable that you will be required to authorize them to use your RealID before being eligible to post.

Case closed.
    eheh, you are forced to do that otherwise you can't post. Forcing people to post their real name isn't nice at all.

Personally I was kind of disappointed when their battlenet-friendlist feature allowed you to spy friends of your friends and kept it really really lean in return. Now I can't post in their forums without giving information away.

Where is this crap heading to? I dont want my real name to appear anywhere.
    Not being able to use some optional feature (friendlist) is something I can be ok with, but the forum is also meant for technical support.

And to those saying one wouldnt find out anything about you: Well, after this change they will if they know how to. Sucks if your next potential employer doesnt like WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Jake, you live in the United Kingdom of which I got 5 results using 1 website. Now I cannot say exactly which one would be you so I guess I can send the Taxi service to all of them. See the issue here?

Quote Originally Posted by Documentor View Post
    I like the idea of these new changes. I like people being accountable for some of the hate they spew over the internet.
    So for all those who are worried they will be tracked down and harassed, here's a test.

My name is Matthew Moore and I live in Europe. If anyone in this thread can tell me anything about me go ahead.
    That's as much information as these changes will bring.

So it's very simple. I want to know about me. I want it proven to me that it is possible for you, the internet, to find me.
    OK mate, let's say you make the point about nobody being able to harm you. Then I dare you to tell me how this feature becomes useful in holding people "accountable for some of the hate they spew over the Internet".
    If it's useless in one way, it's useless in both ways.
    If Blizz would like to punish a forum troll, they don't need to publish their name. For who is it useful in the end?

PS: My name in Google brings the first result my profile on a e-Recruitment website. You can check my resume and find a lot of shit about me. And I don't like it like that stuff to be mixed with WoW. I simply want my WoW private.
    I'll just not post anymore on the Blizzard forums, simple as that.
    Last edited by DeusX; 2010-07-07 at 10:37 AM.

My name's unique on a world-wide basis, which yours isn't. Googling my full name returns about 100 matches, the first of which is my Facebook (private profile), then different tax lists, which the government was stupid enough to make public, where my address is also listed. The next 98 matches are all variations of these, like facebook showing up in every language and the tax lists being linked through different sites.

You having a bland, common name does not automatically equal that nobody can be found on the internet.
    "Like it's MY fault some BIG dragon knocked me into a cave full of LITTLE dragons!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Hi Jake, you live in the United Kingdom of which I got 5 results using 1 website. Now I cannot say exactly which one would be you so I guess I can send the Taxi service to all of them. See the issue here?
    The issue is that you would have gone through a relatively large amount of effort to possibly slightly inconvenience someone who may have ruffled your feathers in a video game forum, and will most likely not ever know if your attempts succeeded and thus feel no redemption.

Doesn't sound like it would catch on.

Heh 125 results, every single one about me, my mom or my aunts.

But none of em give any information that isn't already publicly available.

---------- Post added 2010-07-07 at 10:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyConqueror View Post
    eheh, you are forced to do that otherwise you can't post. Forcing people to post their real name isn't nice at all.

So who has the gun to your head forcing you to post despite not agreeing to the terms?

Nice to see so much trolls crying like babys, it warms my hart, it realy does.

- I think people shoud have choice , but at the end of the day im not scared to show my name on net, and i stand behind things i said.

- Big thing that surprises me is people being scared not to get accepted to work? couse of wow? if a company forbids me to do whatever the **ck i want to do with my free time, and with my life, i woud never work for them, i woud reject job offer from a slave ass company like that instantly!

As far as stalkers dunno, its highly unlikely that anything can happen, but ye i see 2 kids stabing eachother in next 3-5 years over wow forums, proly individual incident.

As far as the stalkers are concerned :

Let THEM COME! BAISBALL BAT HUNGERS!!!