Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Banky.Edwards View Post
    actually, mythbusters fired off guns underwater before
    Heavily depends on the gun. Many of the guns in WoW should not work underwater. Modern real guns are quite capable of such a thing though.

But the range would not be worth the effort either way, and they would not do much damage beyond a few meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Side View Post
    inb4 hurr durr nothing in this game is realistic
    In conclusion, if you need to say "inb4 something" in the first post of your topic, you have already answered your own question and the topic is not worth posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    hunters didnt do much dps to begin with so no real loss.
    what about the pets, are those waterproof?
    Priest? What do you mean i'm a priest?
    I have dots, a pet and i can turn into a dark purple form with wings, i'm obviously a warlock!

Wouldn't a Mage's Frostnova encase the mage in ice if he cast it underwater ?

10+ Year Old Account
    that's called iceblock.
    Priest? What do you mean i'm a priest?
    I have dots, a pet and i can turn into a dark purple form with wings, i'm obviously a warlock!

In Half-Life only crossbow worked underwater ;|

Fantasy:
    the free play of creative imagination
    3 : a creation of the imaginative faculty whether expressed or merely conceived: as a : a fanciful design or invention b : a chimerical or fantastic notion c : fantasia 1 d : imaginative fiction featuring especially strange settings and grotesque characters —called also fantasy fiction

otherwords...why even question it. Nothing in this game makes sense. I can shoot lighting out of my hands, there are dinosaurs in the same area as dragons, we have the poor undead Dk's..(seriously, die, scourge, escape, re-die, DK, escape again) we have spacegoats who escaped demonizing, and crashed into the world in part of their space ship floating castle. We have mages who shoot frost and fire at the same time from their hands. Oh, and that whole water thing? Go try holding your head underwater for 3 mins and see if you can do it. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Side View Post
    Explosive Trap, Immolation Trap, Explosive Shot, Disengage, Volley and the list goes on. It doesn't make much sense to me how is it possible to shoot arrows underwater (guns and crossbows may work because they are automated, but what about bows?). Also what about the fire traps, how is it possible to make a fire underwater. Will they get a restriction to fire abilities ?
    inb4 hurr durr nothing in this game is realistic
    and giant serpent men and a giant human who's legs are made of a whirlpool makes more sense?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dang, I was hoping this thread would be about hunters taming cool aquatic pets.

WTB pet shark please.

*knocks on Arthas's door* "...candygram."

Seriously, though? Don't try to cram real physics into WoW. You'll only give yourself a headache and give a lot of people fodder to /point and /lol.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

It will be interesting to see how traps and ground based effects (as well as other attacks using 2D physics such as heroic leap) will work underwater when an extra axis is added. Will the function like Monster Hunter traps with a spehere of effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Banky.Edwards View Post
    actually, mythbusters fired off guns underwater before
    Most of the guns Mythbusters fired are modern. The vast majority of the guns in this game appear to work off a flintlock system or lit-fuse system.

Read the title as "Hunters underwear"

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffybyro View Post
    Ps you didn't mention that frost trap would melt in the water!
    /facepalm

i put on my wizard hat and robe ...

10+ Year Old Account

/thread
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the day that jumping in the water makes you immune to Immolate, we can discuss

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed. "

Deleted
    magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic magic

A wizard did it, and will continue to do it for cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Synexlol View Post
    In the current game, fire works underwater, along with all hunter abilities.

Also: Hurr durr, nothing in this game is realistic.
    QFT.

You are worried about your spells? I'm a warlock, how does FIRE work underwater?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    In conclusion, if you need to say "inb4 something" in the first post of your topic, you have already answered your own question and the topic is not worth posting.
    True. He knew how meaningless it was but just had to post it. Sigh

"Powder guns" like those used in WoW would get wet and useless under water
    Fire magic wouldn't work at all
    Arrows would just float around dealing 1 damage to anyone touching the arrow tips
    Lightning magic would basically be overpowered
    All physical damage dealt would be reduced significantly
    etc

Don't bring in realism in a fantasy game. Especially not in a fantasy game that contains time travelling, "living" ghosts and bipedal cows
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

I didnt know this game was based on Realism
    Do you know how stupid you sound? Do you know how stupid it would be to take away a classes primary use of attacks just because you're underwater? You sir, are an idiot