Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Tridox View Post
    Best..change..ever.

I always liked playing a shammy, but the first 40 lvls as enhancment are just plain boring and you tend to shoot more lightning bolts then melee stuff.

but now with getting dual wield at lvl 10 its gonna be awesome.

/cheers.
    Agreed, I like playing shaman too, and since I can no longer access my account, I'll sure level a new one in cataclysm. Enhance here I come!

Mechagnome
    Chaos, hopefuly wont fail this new talent system!

I'm really REALLY looking forward to the new talent system. It seems like it could be way better than the current one.

And people, seriously, there is a difference betweeen making it easier, and making it more simple. Sometimes things are more difficult or confusing than they really should be.

Brewmaster
    Looks a bit dossy to be honest

Awesome change!!!

To all you whiners - stop it! You haven't even tried it yet and you're spaming the hell out of everyone. Buuuhuu! They are going to take away your favorite piece-of-shit talents and replace them with passive effects - oh, how sad for you! ...

Quote Originally Posted by Slashley View Post
    Smaller trees are easier to balance and imo more class balance is going to make for a better and more fun gaming exp.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashoto View Post
    Awesome change!!!

To all you whiners - stop it! You haven't even tried it yet and you're spaming the hell out of everyone. Buuuhuu! They are going to take away your favorite piece-of-shit talents and replace them with passive effects - oh, how sad for you! ...
    Well, they are replacing the passive talents with passive benefits. You will get all the same stats, you just don't have to specc into it.. >_<

Keyboard Turner
    I think Blizzard is making the right choice here. WoW right now really needs a total rebuild and that's exactly what they are doing. Cut the whining.

Someone mentioned that they might was well have dropped the level cap down to 50, I reckon they would have if they didn't think it would cause total outrage among players.

Someone mentioned the fact that not having a talent point per level sucks, and would drain incentive to level. The changes made to experience gain in the old world combined with the heirlooms make you level about twice as fast as in the original game. You notice it quite clearly when leveling an alt, you can't really finish a zone without quests going grey because you're levelling too fast (Even without repeatedly doing dungeons). It's awesome blizzard has put so much effort in getting a proper level flow back into the game.

People are saying blizzard is lazy and cutting corners. first of all, they decided to go with a new refreshing approach to talents trees, where you wouldn't have as filler points and talents points would directly influence your game-play-style. They realised this wasn't possible with the old talent trees, so they're going to revamp them so that they'll fit the new approach. Which is a pretty bold step and a lot of work, given it will make things a little easier for them in the long run. But all i'm seeing is a development team which is sticking to their new talent design concept.

Mweh, I feel like blizzard fanboy now, guess to weigh things out i'll mention i'm not particularly positive about the realID forums change or the fact that realID requires you to trade out half of your account details in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonoka View Post
    Well, they are replacing the passive talents with passive benefits. You will get all the same stats, you just don't have to specc into it.. >_<
    Yeah. Balance won't be lost. I think that's what people are afraid of - that their characters will change too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorayiel View Post
    "but we also want something that's actually useful at level 10. Lightwell, Circle of Healing and even Spirit of Redemption are very signature Holy abilities, but none are very useful when soloing gnolls in Elwynn."

Errr.... Do they expect us do heal the gnolls to death / till they explode? Do they really think players are so extraordinary stupid that they stand there "omg my Spirit of Redemption won't kill the gnoll...!"

I like the way it is now, new players bombarded with lots of spells in their low lvls, when they're supposed to learn how ther class works will just result in more retards unable to play their class.
    Way to rewrite the point of the blue post. It clearly stated none of those healing talents are valuable at a low level when you're still questing, mostly soloing even.
    Also, I disagree, the new system will even explain the purpose of each spec available to you at level 10. Talent trees are incredibly bloated right now, cutting out several of the talents which could just as well be given through Masteries is a plus.

Looks really good, I'm tired of seeing lowbies in instances with 10/10/10 speccs... Atleast now they realize they got to put talents in one tree, rather than all three.

Also, do want new build to see the trees in action and lol at people who are already criticizing (sp? such a hard word) the change

If this is done right i can see this exceeding my expectations im actually excited about this but just to be safe im gonna remain weary.

Finally we'll see only few talent points and we dont have to wait 3 or five levels to gain their full potencial, I think it will be more interesting and we wont have "garbage" points in trees...
    I can't wait for these changes!

Every class gets there "This is what it is to be a XXX" abilities at 10 except a shadow priest that doesn't even get shadow form? I'm glad mine is 80, but out of principle I might have to 10^10 migrate.

ItachiZaku - Today
    "Every class gets there "This is what it is to be a XXX" abilities at 10 except a shadow priest that doesn't even get shadow form? I'm glad mine is 80, but out of principle I might have to 10^10 migrate."

Another one that dont know how to read, they have already commented on why they wont give shadowform at level 10. You have swp at lvl 10 and thats it. So tell me the point of shadowform? They did say they will prolly give you Mind flay and shadowform at a later level.

"Mind Flay and Shadowform @LVL1x for Shadow
    We really wanted to do this, but the more we thought about it, what does a level 10 Shadowform do? Spam Shadow Word: Pain? We'll probably give Shadow priests Mind Flay at level 10 and let them get Shadowform shortly after that."
    So u can read it again.

This is... lame?

Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent View Post
    Noone can say YAY or NAY on this change.. we don;t have a CLUE how it will play out.

But all I CAN say is... it will take a good long while to balance all 30 trees...

I am SOO glad I have 8 80's.. SURELY the only 2 OP classes won;t be the ones I only have 60's of.. LOL
    If the 2 60's happens to be plate users, sure

And.. What exactly do they mean with the sub talent?
    Is ShS going away?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
    What exactly do they mean with the sub talent?
    Is ShS going away?
    Shs will the be active ability you get at lvl 10 if you choose sub.

I'm predicting the following specialization abilities

Druid:
    Balance - Typhoon
    Feral - Mangle
    Resto - Tree of Life

Hunter:
    Beast Mastery - Bestial Wrath
    Marksmanship - Chimera Shot (aimed shot baseline)
    Survival - Wyvern Sting

Mage:
    Arcane - Slow
    Fire - Living Bomb
    Frost - Water Elemental

Paladin:
    Holy - Holy Shock
    Prot - Holy Shield
    Ret - Divine Storm

Priest:
    Disc - Penance
    Holy - Guardian Spirit
    Shadow - Mind Flay

Rgoue:
    Assassination - Mutilate
    Combat - Blade Flurry
    Sub - Hemorrhage

Shaman:
    Elemental - Thunderstorm
    Enhancement - Duel Wield
    Resto - Earth Shield

Warlock:
    Affliction - Unstable Affliction
    Demonology - Felguard
    Destruction - Chaosbolt

Warrior:
    Arms - Mortal Strike
    Fury - Bloodthirst
    Prot - Shield Slam

Quote Originally Posted by ruambivalence View Post
    ed
    good thing they have all of beta to work on it...wouldn't be shocked to see cataclysm release delayed.
    All of beta? By spending all of beta on this does not mean it won't fail.. Like how they for some reason didn't manage to balance DK until how long?

---------- Post added 2010-07-08 at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Slashley View Post
    Shs will the be active ability you get at lvl 10 if you choose sub.
    Wat? That's just lame.. At least give us hemo

Nuronv, from reading the blues im pretty sure shadowstep will be the ability for sub rogues and they say that the felguard will probably not be the warlock demo ability.