Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They stated 41 talent points total. So expect to see 31/10/0 or 31/5/5 builds. I can't wait to see the final details in the upcoming beta build

Now all they need to sort is the amount of keybinds i have.
    Do not want more.

Less pls!

Quote Originally Posted by elrenno View Post
    The problem I've read here is that each tree will be 31 points. You will have to put a full 31 points into one tree before you can put points into another tree. So that means that every combat rogue will be exactly the same, talent-wise. No picking and choosing. I feel like this pigeon holes everyone into a specific type of game play.

I'd rather see something that says you have 10 talents to pick from, choose 6. Or something like that. Then, as a fury warrior, I could have talents that make me somewhat unique.

I'm just not crazy about this setup they've proposed.
    Um. You do realise that isn't how talent trees work right. They're talking about the depth of trees, not total points. Current trees are 51-points deep, that doesn't mean you can only spend 51-points in them. The whole point is you CAN choose talents you want without being penalised in your role beyond marginal "maxed out" difference.

Is this just a diversion to the shit storm they call Real ID?

I have to be honest, im not sure i agree on these changes though. Having less talent points "might" seem boring with it now takes you 10 levels to max a talent insted of 5. I cant even begin to think what they will do to the Ret Pally tree, as most people have 20 free talant points to spend on NOTHING anyway. While Enhancement shaman and maybe MM hunters all have some pretty exciting talent trees.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elrenno View Post
    The problem I've read here is that each tree will be 31 points.
    You didn't read good enough, or didn't understand what you read.
    "31 points deep" is different than "31 points tree".
    Today, we have 51 points deep trees, not 51 points trees : you need 51 points to use the last talent, but you can put more than 51 points into that tree.
    The latter is what we're getting for Cata : more than 31 slots to put talent points into, but the last talent in said tree will be 31 points.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad that I'm pretty terribly bored with wow now. This whole talent tree business would really piss me off if I was playing still. It is disappointing however.

Only think i don't like about the changes is the mastery being available so late. why not make it ready once they put the 31st talent in instead of waiting almost ten levels?

So its a Real ID smokescreen?

15+ Year Old Account
    love the changes

10+ Year Old Account
    Italy (y'know, spaghetti pizza maccaroni)
    That's so coooooool. Such awesome talents...at level 10! Levelling it's going to be so freakin fun!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    What will change are all of the filler talents you had to pick up to get to the next fun talent, as well as most talents that required 5 of your hard-earned points.
    There will be considerably less, if any 5 point talents remaining, so that frees up a huge amount of the space and choice that many here are concerned about.

15+ Year Old Account
    first i was shocked but while reading on it doest seem that crap as they want to keep the tatlent tree basicly the same just smaller

but if they remvoe any of the cool new druid talents we had i swear ill whine !

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't see this coming... Can't wait to see it in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Seregon View Post
    I'd like to see you trying to balance it.
    Give me a billion dollars and 20 something designs and I will, oh wait thats what Blizzard has already isn't it?

This doesn't sound too bad, actually. Going to be interesting for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Butterbumps View Post
    Uh, some people seem to be under the impression that spending 31 points in a tree will get you all of the talents, so there will be no choices between talents any more. At no point is this stated or implied.
    ^ This

Plus nothing says you can't do 41/0/0, 35/3/3, etc. so assuming everything is 31/10/0 is not true either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I approve of this change very much, it will make leveling a lot more fun and engaging. And to those saying that all specs will look the same then you obviously didnt read the blue post. All they are doing is restricting you to 1 tree once you choose where to put your first point.

And once you get your 31 points in that tree all that happens is the unlocking of the other trees, this does not mean that you are done with your first tree and you have to switch to another. You can always continue filling it up if that's what you like.

All in all this is going to make the leveling experience awesome for veteran players and for the new ones(i can already imagine it level 10 druid in boomkin form and priests with shadow form =D).

Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    I have to be honest, im not sure i agree on these changes though. Having less talent points "might" seem boring with it now takes you 10 levels to max a talent insted of 5.
    They're doing away with talents that require 5 points to max out.

well let me see, we are now going back to vanila talent tree.... well thats 4 years of wasted time and effort, and is a huge step backwards imo. And as for HAVING to put 31 points in one tree before being able to put any else where ... is a bad joke... I don't want to play with vanilla style talents I did that for 2 years ....

I'm just hoping starwars old republic comes out before this goes live if it does...

I'm just praying they actually come up with a good solution .... and this is not it.