Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by galimim View Post
    hmmm...interesting. but what if I want combination of talents because it gives me the best performance? do I have to wait to level up to have best combo available?
    You have to have the 31 point talent regardless. Hybrid split speccing will be a thing of the past. It makes perfect sense since trying to balance a hybrid is much harder than trying to balance around pures. Of course, since you are required to have the 31 point talent, the 31 point talent will be part of your maximum performing spec.

First of all, there seem to be many ppl saying that it will make leveling more fun and enjoyable, but I couldn't care less. I'd rather have one class that I'm playing for a long time I know that class and its mechanics well and I can actually play it both in pvp and pve at decent level. I don't want to reroll every patch, like many ppl do.

Secondly I liked having a choice when specing my character. I've spent thousands of gold on respecs and tested carefully every single talent my character has just to be able to use them efficiently. I hate the idea of dumbing down WoW just to please some new customers.

Sounds very similar to the way Hunter Pets works. Might be interesting.

As for the scaling in each level, you'll still have increased stats and the ability to use higher level items with each increase. So its not completely neutered it.

I'll reserve judgement until I see this first hand.

The more I read and consider this MASSIVE change the more I love it. Where this change really shines is in the early leveling, top level toons will simply have all the same abilities/buffs/etc just in less points. Imagine running Deadmines with an tank, healer and dps group that are actually specced for their roles and able to use all/many of the abilities of high level toons just less powerful. I think it will bring ALOT more fun to running early dungeons.

What this change does is it makes players actually play a role rather then be a mess of inefficiency. Plus with Blizzard making big moves to have healers and tanks deal more damage it makes speccing as a tank or healer viable with leveling.

Blizzard has said that 31 points will be needed before spending in other trees but it doesn't say how many point options will be available per tree. I pressume there will be many options and not JUST 31 points worth of choices. Therefore you will have diversity and variation one resto shaman to the next, although not to the point of overwhelming us with options.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Does this mean that there will be no tanks or healers until level 70? Who is going to level a Warrior as Prot? I see big problems coming because of this change.
    I think it's more you'll have tanks and healers at level 10 instead, since you'll get your signature abilities immediately upon selecting a specialization.

I LOVE EVERY WORD OF IT! Cant wait ))

I think what people are failing to relies that yes the talent trees will only be 31 points deep to reach the last talent but who said that there was only going to be 31 talents in the tree.

I suspect that there will be options to go down still making you have a choice and that early tier talents on the other trees will be universal to all build but each providing different effects.

Who said that omen of clarity wont be a tier 1 talent hmm. Cause i know that all druid builds pretty much want it. Heck maybe with the change they will make omen of clarity passive because every druid does want it.

I say don't fly off the handle when your full of it. Wait and see what happens with the talent trees. Now if only we had an actual date for when we get to see these new builds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy god, this is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Asur View Post
    This is the stupidest thing, talk about lazy, "We can't balance things so we are making talent trees smaller."
    How is totally re-designing talent trees as opposed to just adding new talents lazy?

This is gonna be a huge change, but veeeery nice, I'm definately looking forward to not having to spend points in "Increases range by 2/4/6 yards"

15+ Year Old Account
    my guess is to balance having 41 points at lvl 85 we will get 1 point every lvl from 81-85

we will have 36 points at lvl 80 though.

also makes sense to have 1 point every lvl from 81-85 since its like gaining 2 lvls in wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by sandbenders View Post
    Also, is it just me or is it starting to feel like we might be a lot further from a release date than previously expected?
    I doubt it. They most likely already have all the trees redesigned by this point anyways. They are just now telling us about them.

There are pros and cons to this change. I'm going to reserve the majority of my judgement until I see the finished product, but for now at least I'll say that making specializations more prominent as early as level 10 is a very welcomed change and should streamline the leveling process considerably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I think we will have to watch until they show the new talent trees before we could decide. I can see the QQ in being locked in one tree until 70. people say about getting dual wield and then going to elemental if they was handing it out at lvl 10. I see it as its okay but, maybe blizzard should make it so yes you can go between two specs but that first talent point you get and talent it into one tree grants you the mastery to that spec and that spec only regardless of how many talent points is in another spec. By doing that someone could yeah get dual wield elemental but they would be a really bad one because of no mastery to help them out.

15+ Year Old Account
    i do like the idea like for my hunter i dont feel different from other hunters until i get a lot further into a tree so hopefully this will make people feel different at low lvls like chimera shot as mm or as bm having beast within.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    well let me see, we are now going back to vanila talent tree.... well thats 4 years of wasted time and effort, and is a huge step backwards imo. And as for HAVING to put 31 points in one tree before being able to put any else where ... is a bad joke... I don't want to play with vanilla style talents I did that for 2 years ....

I'm just hoping starwars old republic comes out before this goes live if it does...

I'm just praying they actually come up with a good solution .... and this is not it.
    I can't even begin to explain how retarded your post is nor can I be arsed to explain why.

WOAH , wait a second. Penance at level 10... *Brain Explodes*
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Wow. You don't even know the basics. Challenging Shout is not and has never been a taunt. It doesn't even remotely function like a taunt.

Wow... this game is going to feel like Jump Start: First Grade by the time Cata launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuun View Post
    31 point trees. And we will be force do spend all 31 talent points to be able to put them in another one. So for me it seems that now there will be no "builds" because you will have to complete one tree in 100%. So where are the differences between PvP and PvE builds? In my equipment?
    You know very little about the game in general if you honestly think you have to fill in all talents to get to the 31 point talent. That has never been the case. There have always been choices below that 31 point talent and there will continue to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm okay with this!

This.. is.. AWESOME