Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The most you can get in a second tree is 10 points, and usually the active abilities are deeper than this. It does end up killing any chance for a build that goes halfway down two trees.
    and this sucks.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you only get mastery bonus for the skill tree you put more points on, so...

Why dont give us the spec defining abilities along with the active mastery and remove 31-points-must-be-used-in-one tree lockout?

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I welcome these changes to talent trees

And Offtopic, Spain pwns, Puyol headshot facemelted Germany

I imagine this means that theyll most likely do the 2nd wave of beta invites when they release this build to get as many specs trialed as possible, as early as possible.
    Last edited by Belial0787; 2010-07-08 at 12:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally dont like this at all.. it will just make game very... very very boring!!! Iam druid, and i love to swich around my trees and specs ALOT.. one of favorite thing i like to do is - just use talent calculator and try to make some new builds.. - NOW its will be jsut noob friendly - put31 points in and thats it .. pff .. crap, crap crap.

Judging by the way the majority of casuals currently spec it would appear that the current talent trees were way to complicated for casuals so this was a logical step for Blizzard.

Made a rogue a few times up to lvl 35 but never got into it because i didnt care for the classes and had too many alts leveling through quests already. So i've specifically put it off again till cataclysm when im gonna roll a worgen rogue so these talents sound like its gonna be a lot more fun to experiment instead of just go "well everyone dps'es in combat tree for this patch" so im excited.

Looks like the real Cataclysm *Quickly takes off glasses* was in the talent trees...

but in all honesty i find these changes interesting and potentially a positive trade. I'll just have to wait and see

Wow, this is TOTAL overhaul, much bigger than I have expected. Great changes, finally low level characters will have more buttons to press

Deleted
    This is by far the biggest overhaul to a game mechanic ever done in WoW.

I think they are risking that the game won't be balanced as now when cataclysm ships.

Also I see a lot of classes losing some abilities. For instance an unholy Dk loses Lichborne and an Arms warrior is losing Piercing Howl (which really comes in handy in a world where you end up yards away from your target when you charge).

I like the idea of smallar talent trees but careful with class nerfs!

Any of you people that are crying about this new system obviously haven't played vanilla wow. Back in the day this game was actually simplistic and not so complex and "trying" to be perfect. They are not trying to make this game dumbed down, but they want all aspects of this game to be balanced. Getting rid of the unnecessary talents is one approach to bringing back vanilla wow in my opinion.

Also, i think many of you that are crying about this forget that these same people designed the best mmorpg on the face of the planet; they know what they are doing. If you haters dont like it then dont cry about it embrace it and talk about how awesome Cata is going to be. Cause it looks very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by cogzwell View Post
    looks like the real cataclysm *quickly takes off glasses* was in the talent trees...

But in all honesty i find these changes interesting and potentially a positive trade. I'll just have to wait and see
    yyyyyyeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Now, the most essential feedback on these news, you guys should promise me to report to GC himself through your fancy US boards, is to bring that bloody Warbinger warrior talent to the very bottom of Protection tree. Together with my appreciation and approval to these changes.
    First post here. Runglish included. Greetings from Moscow!

Quote Originally Posted by Muelleimer View Post
    omg thats so fail i hate that change WTF
    Have you read everything or just the part about cutting trees to 31 talents and 41 points top?

I LOVE the change. I'm long past doing every class to 10th, but I still remember that it just didn't matter if you used the talent or not and on which tree. Now the true class experience will start at 10lvl so about 1 hour from start instead of 40 or 50 which can take days if you're just starting your wow addiction. Every point matters and that's how it was supposed to be. That probably means Unholy DK will loose access to Icy Talons but it will be completely new world with new standards so no one's loosing anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    two words: oh dear

I like the idea actually. I just don't like names on the forums >.>

Builds are gonna be so boring. Everyone's gonna be 31-something and 10 points spread around that won't make a significant change between players.

And so much for being 21-0-20 or something to that effect.

Diversity among players of the same spec has just left the building.

its vanilla wow all over again yay!
    i really howp they do them right

15+ Year Old Account
    Only Blizzard can do something so universally hated and follow it up with something that is simply amazing the next day. This sounds like an amazing new system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanell View Post
    Judging by the way the majority of casuals currently spec it would appear that the current talent trees were way to complicated for casuals so this was a logical step for Blizzard.
    dumb statement is dumb