Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Can't wait to see more info on this. I don't think it will necessarily make leveling easier. It's already pretty damn easy. I think it will do more for making the leveling process more interesting and fun. Let's face it. You can kill mobs in a handful of seconds now and that won't really change even if you get a scaled down version of some high level ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Bynde View Post
    For those of you who fail at literacy, some copy-pasta

How anyone could have read that as "The new trees are only going to have 31 points in them so everyone will be the same" is beyond me.

Also; I love this change, but that's only because I have at least a rudimentary level of reading comprehension (A clear advantage to the average internet hate machine)
    You misunderstand, the people QQing are saying that there will be virtually no difference between specs, and that's completely valid. All the things that every class and spec needs they're now getting for free. There's no point in being able to make choices when those choices won't really matter, and having a wiggle room to put 31 points however you want in a tree with only 42 points isn't much room for costumization at all.

Lets hope the new glyph system will help put in more personal favor to our builds while this system is failing to do so on it's own.

Why dont we just give everybody just all talents so we have nothing to worrie about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Mclachlan View Post
    You misunderstand, the people QQing are saying that there will be virtually no difference between specs, and that's completely valid.
    How is that "completely valid"? Have you seen the new trees? The people QQing are doing so blind. Granted, the people praising the move are also doing so blind, but the overwhelming number of the QQ posts (I couldn't sleep last night and read all of them; some of which by the way did directly say that there was only 31 points, hence my post) are people who blatantly didn't read the content, or at very least didn't understand it. Any one of them could be countered by quoting the text they're so upset about, hence my illiteracy comment. I didn't say all people who are crying said there's only 31 points in the tree, but again; that comes back to reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Mclachlan View Post
    All the things that every class and spec needs they're now getting for free. There's no point in being able to make choices when those choices won't really matter, and having a wiggle room to put 31 points however you want in a tree with only 42 points isn't much room for costumization at all.
    There will still be very attractive talents that probably everyone takes, but there are also definitely choices where you can only take A or B and want both. Typically you might see a useful (but not necessarily dps-enhancing) ability in your own tree, but also a really attractive one in another tree.

This is a good thing. It won't surprise me to see a knee jerk reaction from some players that we're removing their favorite talents and "dumbing down the trees." However, I'd challenge them that there can't be that many players out there that play Arcane because of Mind Mastery or Arms warrior because of Strength of Arms. Yet, if you skip either of those talents, you're just making your character less effective.

No.. No..

Dammit i was hoping the talents wud be liek they are set up on mmo right now that way i can get boomkin AND TREEFORM!! sadface, still a good idea tho, with less talent desicions it seems pvp will be more about skill! nvm itll be all BGs =(

so how far away time-wise is the Cata release? they don't know what they're doing with feral druids? i guess i shouldn't expect anything different given how they've treated ferals in the past.

come on blizz

show us new talent trees!

Is funny to see that actualy alot of ppl don't understand the fact that "new talent trees will make leveling easyer" actualy means that the 31 points unlock idea is there to make sure that actualy the first 2 tiers ONLY from all 3 talent trees are available to take whatever the spec you chose. This can make important talents like the 31 and 41 point talents, available earlyer in the leveling for the simple fact that no one can reach an 11 point talent from a tree if they spend most of their points in the other tree.
    This means that 11 points might be equivalent of level 21 in future, while ppl were able to take important talents at level 51 only..

Let me give you an example as it is at the moment. Blizzard doesn't want the shockadin spec to be viable, therefore they don't allow us to take both holy shock and crusader strike at the same time. This is achieved by the fact that 31 points needed for holy shock + 41 points needed for crusader strike = 72. And since we have only 71 points available means we will never be able to get both.

Now same goes for Cataclysm. Since we need 31 points spend in one tree to unlock the other tree, means that we will have 10 points available to spend wherever we want. And that allows for Blizzard to put powerfull talents starting from point 11 in talent trees, since they are not available for other specs to take anyway.

So yes, I do think that this will be a good move from Blizzard in making classes more balanced. Also this has a great impact on allowing PVP being Balanced easyer, and not force the PVE talents in the trees being arranged based on pvp priorities. The changes they did actualy allow for a really free positioning of pve talents, and PVP talents won't stay in the way that much anymore.