Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I think I get it.

Highborne=Dragonmaw equivalent

Dark Iron Dwarf=Grimtotem equivalent

Hmm... It would be interesting if the races as a whole swapped sides some day o.O

Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    But they dont accept Dark Irons who have been corrupted and abused by Nefarian and Varian probably tries to Assassinate Magni's dear kid

Ironforge Throne Room.
    Do I have to say more ?
    Dark Irons are accepted into Alliance - how do you think dorfs will get locks and mages in cata ?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I get the feeling that Magatha dies in the rumoured Battle of TB event, or whatever exposes the Grimtotem as Cairne's murderers. Don't know for certain ofc, but the Grimtotem chieftain npc in Stonetalon says things like "Magatha smiles down on you", which could be interpreted that she is dead, and is looking down as an ancestor spirit (a very tauren way to refer to the dead).

10+ Year Old Account
    garrosh is like a hardcore babysitter, we are the babies and he's just too over-protective!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    *punches ThunderBlunder in the face*

Quote Originally Posted by Ulbane View Post
    Ah, I think I get it.

Hmm... It would be interesting if the races as a whole swapped sides some day o.O
    Blood Elves are in The Horde already so the swap has been made.

And, Negridoom?

15+ Year Old Account
    Before you all continue, remember to check the "Previously edited by" part on wowwiki...
    My e-peen demands it.

Anyway, yeah... there has been enough information regarding this. I think its actually fun though. Factions are now just looking for allies to fight the other faction. They don't care about races/racism anymore ^^
    Dawwwwwww

Grimtotem making peace with the Alliance? That...seems kind of desperate on the part of the Alliance, don't you think? Grimtotem have been pretty nasty across the board and have shown hostility towards Alliance as well, and considering Alliance has shown attitudes of only allowing individuals who meet with their ideals of lifestyle in (or at least not accepting those who go against their preferred grain, blood elves for instance). To bring in Grimtotems just because it helps with their efforts against Horde tells me that they're getting desperate for allies in the coming war.

Of course, this is assuming that there is any truth to this whatsoever. 0_O
    Last edited by willjones410; 2010-07-07 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Addition

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post

Ironforge Throne Room.
    Do I have to say more ?
    Dark Irons are accepted into Alliance - how do you think dorfs will get locks and mages in cata ?
    Bloody freaking... Learn to not show these huuuuuge screens in threads.
    There has already been a discussion regarding the Dark Iron Dwarves, and it would appear that it is a coup attempt, and that it is resisted with the aid of SI:7 agents.

Ah, I think I get it.

Hey there Negridoom. You're not very subtle.
    Getting banned, coming back and using a picture from the same comic? Tsk tsk.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2010-07-07 at 10:09 PM.

Garrosh might be the worst leader in the history of fictional characters.
    Loremaster Papelbon - Level 80 Gnome Warlock - US Elune

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway View Post
    Garrosh might be the worst leader in the history of fictional characters.
    He killed the douche that killed a Tauren High Chief's wife and a school of full of druids. He isn't that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laukkanen View Post
    Blood Elves are in The Horde already so the swap has been made.

And, Negridoom?
    Why does everyone think i'm Negridoom? I don't post faces...

I changed my e-mail; made a new account; and happened to read Gunnerkrigg

And, here's to hoping Moira isn't asassinated.
    Last edited by Ulbane; 2010-07-07 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda like the Grimtotems fighting with the alliance now, that adds some moral gray zones in the lore. It looks like both HOrde and Alliance are bending their morals a bit to achieve victory at any cost.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willjones410 View Post
    Grimtotem making peace with the Alliance? That...seems kind of desperate on the part of the Alliance, don't you think? Grimtotem have been pretty nasty across the board and have shown hostility towards Alliance as well, and considering Alliance has shown attitudes of only allowing individuals who meet with their ideals of lifestyle in (or at least not accepting those who go against their preferred grain, blood elves for instance). To bring in Grimtotems just because it helps with their efforts against Horde tells me that they're getting desperate for allies in the coming war.
    The Alliance is getting that desperate for troops. At Fort Triumph in the Barrens, it is learned that the human armies have been enlisting (not sure if they are pressed into service or not) prisoners from the Stormwind Stockades into the army and shipping them to the battle front. Along with other information we are getting about the state of Stormwind's economy, it seems like the Alliance (the humans, at least) have really over extended themselves and are throwing everything they can into the war. Which is worrying from an Alliance point of view; even if the Alliance wins the war and completely crushes the Horde, what state will the economy and government of Stomrwind be in at the war's end? An economy drained dry, poverty through the roof, criminals pardoned out of a desperate need for soldiers, and groups like the Grimtotem out there in Kalimdor armed with Alliance weapons. It paints a bleak picture... but I smell good story telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    He killed the douche that killed a Tauren High Chief's wife and a school of full of druids. He isn't that bad.

He drives out intelligent advisors any time they disagree with him. It's the mark of a poor leader.

Wrynn is a massive dick, but at least he doesn't keep Muradin and Jaina away for disagreeing with him. And Jaina disagrees with him a lot.
    Loremaster Papelbon - Level 80 Gnome Warlock - US Elune

Quote Originally Posted by Metian View Post
    What I don't get..

When Grimtotems joining the Alliance, wouldn't that mean that Horde would lose Thunder Bluff and the Tauren Race ?..
    Grimtotems are not the Tauren. Tauren are not the Grimtotems. Grimtotems is a faction of Tauren and Undead that have operated outside the boundaries of the Horde. It's like the goblins joining the horde (not all goblins are Horde) it is just 1 faction of the goblins joining the Horde. With the exile of the Grimtotems it just means that Thunderbluff not have them in near or around the city.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway View Post
    He drives out intelligent advisors any time they disagree with him. It's the mark of a poor leader.
    Oh, believe me, he is learning.

You can choose (apparently) Wildhammer and Dark Iron skins in the Cataclysm Beta; the Dark Irons being the mages / warlocks for the Alliance Dwarves, as the Shaman are Wildhammers.

The Dark Irons you fight may be the ones who are refusing to join the Alliance and are resisting / attacking their Ironforge counterparts.

Just my guess, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I think I get it.

pretty much this

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJgh View Post
    Check this out... from wowwiki

"According to the Cairne Bloodhoof article, the Grimtotems have been slowly poisoning Cairne, causing him to finally perish following an honorable duel with Garrosh Hellscream; enraged, Hellscream responds to this treason by leading an invasion of Thunder Bluff to force the Grimtotems out.

In the current Beta build, there is a quest where the Alliance provides the Grimtotems with weapons to fight against the Horde. It is at this point that the Grimtotem them self say they will align with the Alliance."

http://www.wowwiki.com/Grimtotem_tribe
    That would be ... so cool. o_O If for some reason the alliance "do" get them down the line as a race I hope they keep those skins you find in the model viewer with the face paint. I wanna Darth cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

makes sense grimtotems want the rest of the horde out, and Wrynn wants them dead
    GLORY TO THE HOUSE OF WRYNN