View Poll Results: Real-ID on forums is?

Voters
47. This poll is closed
  • Sh*t, PRIVACY MAN!

29 61.70%
  • Allright, we'll be fine.

18 38.30%

REAL-ID On blizz forums.

Saw this (AWESOME) post on wow riot.com, completely says what REAL ID is shit on forums.
    here it goes.

Recently, we introduced our new Real ID feature http://eu.battle.net/realid/, a new way to stay connected with your friends on the new Battle.net. Today, we wanted to give you a heads up about our plans for Real ID on our official forums, discuss the design philosophy behind the changes we’re making, and give you a first look at some of the new features we’re adding to the forums to help improve the quality of conversations and make the forums an even more enjoyable place for players to visit.

The first and most significant change is that in the near future, anyone posting or replying to a post on official Blizzard forums will be doing so using their Real ID -- that is, their real-life first and last name -- with the option to also display the name of their primary in-game character alongside it. These changes will go into effect on all StarCraft II forums with the launch of the new community site prior to the July 27 release of the game, with the World of Warcraft site and forums following suit near the launch of Cataclysm. Certain classic forums, including the classic Battle.net forums, will remain unchanged.
    So Blizzard are now making it so instead of showing your character on those forums, it'll instead show your real name with the option of attaching your char name too it (no option of not showing your real name).

Now I think it's fairly safe to say that this is perhaps the dumbest idea that anyone has ever had ever.

To alleviate people's concerns, Blizzard employee Bashiok decided to say his real name on the forums, his real name is Micah Whipple

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1 Post #16

So say hi to Micah Whipple

MORE INFO AT : http://wowriot.gameriot.com/blogs/Am...com%29&gr_i_ni

i cba to get my ass banned, and all kind of shit, so i decided to redirect you via the URL.

What you'll find there is, pictures, adresses, phone numbers all kind of info.
    Last edited by Phoef; 2010-07-07 at 05:28 PM. Reason: saving my ass.

I think you owned him :|

Maybe he'll read this and go 'Oh shit'

I feel sorry for the other Micah Whipple(s) that live in California. Poor bastards.

Yeh you do gotta remember that theres more than 1 person with that name, generally anyway.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, because you disagree you'll grief someone who had no voice in the decision whatsoever.

Glad fuckers like you will leave, good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysera
    Making dreams 'enjoyable' since 10.000 B.N.
    Ysera fanclub. <3

Tsk, tsk. Complaining about Real.ID but making a public poll. Feeling silly yet?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Tsk, tsk. Complaining about Real.ID but making a public poll. Feeling silly yet?
    That's Irony. I lol'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ridiculous idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    XD! The irony!!! Its soooo juicy!
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

Public poll? got caught with my pants down

on a sidenote.

I did not search this information up, wowriot.com did, dont hold me responsible
    But blizzard cant mind sharing this info, they want private information spread around the interwebs.

You're tolded on :3

Quote Originally Posted by EvilChookie View Post
    That's Irony. I lol'd.
    How is that even remotely irony? Do you even understand the meaning of irony?

The issue with RealID is that you are being forced to post your real name, so you relate that to a poll on a public forum as irony?

Oh wow. If that info is real I can see some heads rolling.