Thread: Cata Boomkin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallume View Post
    Not quite sure I understand what you mean...

But if you're suggesting to proc a Lunar Eclipse, then as soon as it expires, go back to proc another Lunar... I do not think that this is possible. Where the current system has a 15s CD on the previously-proc'd Eclipse, the new system will have, I assume, something similar.

As Qieth mentioned, you'll be rollin' SFs after that Lunar proc, and head towards the Solar side, the rate that the meter will traverse in the opposite direction is dependent on your crit (rate that you generate solar/lunar power).

If, say, you proc a Lunar, and have to move, or rez or whatever, for x-time, and only reach the middle of the meter, I am sure there will be either an internal CD (like current system) or a Dim Returns effect to prevent a re-eclipse of the same type.

---------- Post added 2010-07-11 at 08:05 PM ----------

Ideally, we'll be looking for a way to create a Pendulum with our Eclipse Meter.
    What I mean is this:

Since we now know that as soon as you proc eclipse in one direction you IMMEDIATELY start working towards the opposite-side's eclipse, is there an amount of haste/crit that will be achieveable(irregardless of the gear level it takes to hit that amount) that would allow you to reach the other side within 1 cast of the previous eclipse duration?

Essentially, will haste become the stat for us that Armor Pen is now for most melee classes? Will the haste hard-cap make it possible to consistantly go DIRECTLY from lunar eclipse to solar eclipse and back ceaselessly, or are there always going to be a few spells inbetween the eclipse cycles? Is there some amount of haste, especially during heroism/bloodlust, that would essentially make eclipse a permanant buff?

I realize we don't know the strength of items in Cata yet...but we do know that the haste "cap" is essentially 50% cast speed and everything I'm saying here is assuming we can get reasonably close to the crit "cap". Do you beta guys think it'd be possible to rifle-off enough spells/crits during a stand-still fight and just ALWAYS be in one eclipse phase or the other? Or does it take that many spells to reach eclispe that we are always going to have intermediary phases inbetween the eclipse cycles...shortened obviously by approaching/reaching the crit/haste caps?

Hopefully that's a little clearer.
    Last edited by Nithian; 2010-07-11 at 10:04 PM.

Additionnal info about the eclipse bonus.
    The amount of points you put in your tree won't change the amount of damage / the power of eclipse / watever it will be. It will be a flat amount that won't change once your first talent point will be spent.

Blizzard said few days ago that once you reach lv 10 you have to choose wich kind of drood you'll be.
    So you'll choose "I want to be a battle-chicken" and then you'll have all the bonus needed to your tree BUT the mastery one that you will get at your trainer lv 78.
    Bonus are not known yet. We can guess it will be "Increase magical damage by 20%". You may end up with more than 1 passive bonus depending what the chickens will need to be balanced.
    Also note that you will have a "spec based" ability when you'll reach the lv 10. (my guess is starsurge or insect swarm).

Deleted
    One thing you must keep in mind is that bloodlust will be a lot stronger for us in Cataclysm. Currently, wrath is at a 2 second cast time after talents, instead of 1,5. Even if thats the only change we get to haste, it means we will need a lot more haste to ever get wrath down to a 1 second cast.

What Nithian is asking is, will we ever be in a position where we might proc the next eclipse before the previous one expires. I think not. If it happens, i suppose we can just proc the next one and continue on that, and only after 30 seconds would we hit a cooldown (assuming a 30 second cooldown on each type of eclipse). This would only happen with insanely high crit and haste.

I don't know how long it will take us to go from one end of the eclipse meter to the other, when we are level 85 and in decent raiding gear, but my guess is it will probably be 20-30 seconds at the start of raiding, and numbers balanced around this. As we get more haste and crit (faster casts and crit gives us more power as well due to Euphoria (current talents)), this eclipse to eclipse time will be lower. So even if there is a 30 second cooldown, you would need to be able to reach the other end of the eclipse meter in 14 seconds twice in order to hit the cooldown.