Thread: Total Biscuit.

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Total Biscuit.

This is my first time creating a thread on MMO champion, and sadly, it's a negative thread. I usually like all the videos that MMO champ puts up, (with the exception of the odd MMO report) but that TotalBiscuit, Cynical guy is a really bad podcaster.

1. He talks into the mic as if it's a radio show, something good podcasts don't do. He sounds like he should be on WoW radio, which is better than his videos.
    2. I find him quite ignorant, if he knows nothing about Alliance he should really leave those videos to someone else. He said Tinker Town was in Stormwind, and even Horde players know that's an error.
    3. His accent and manner are rather fake, and from someone who's heard the accents of every country, and region in Britain, I can confirm he is not a cynical Brit.

Now I know there'll be replies of "I bet you couldn't do better" or "Your whining won't change much" or "Ur fake and gay" but when i saw Boub say that everyone liked the guy's videos, I thought i'd at least throw in my two cents to show that I did not, in fact, like his videos.
    If you share the same opinion, say so and comment, if you don't, comment anyway.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like his ignorance at all. I would like to hear some interesting facts from lore rather then "oh, that's Ysera, people say she's someone important" or the like.
    But still, I do like those videos. They cover pretty much everything I want to know about new zones or instances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhhhh...

what?

- To be honest I liked the area's he showed... You know you don't have to listen to him.... I think there is something on the left hand side of the video screen where it like... can go up and down... you know that bar? yeah that thing.. i think that makes him shut up.. maybe..? If you don't like his accent then don't listen to him. (I think he sounds hawt)

1. He talks into the mic as if it's a radio show, something good podcasts don't do. He sounds like he should be on WoW radio, which is better than his videos.

He used to have his own shows on WC Radio which if you had been there was the original wow radio and at one point he was the station manager he even runs live shows on cynical brit.
    www(dot)wcradio(dot)com www(dot)wowwiki(dot)com/WoW_Radio www(dot)cynicalbrit(dot)com (sorry i cannot post links atm)

2. I find him quite ignorant, if he knows nothing about Alliance he should really leave those videos to someone else. He said Tinker Town was in Stormwind, and even Horde players know that's an error.
    You should really just be happy someone is making videos for you, dont like them? dont watch.
    About the tinkertown thing congrats you fell for the inside joke

3. His accent and manner are rather fake, and from someone who's heard the accents of every country, and region in Britain, I can confirm he is not a cynical Brit.
    I cannot say much about this but im pretty sure he is infact british when asked before why he speaks like that his response was "its a radio voice, i couldnt talk like this to anyone on the street it would be like i was shouting at them"

Just trying to answer what you have said to the best of my knowledge.

Also TotalBiscuit has nothing to do with MMO-champ other than being featured for having some good videos.

You know what I do when I find something I don't like watching? I DON'T WATCH IT.
    Just another random troll.

Easy now children, its calls satire, or comedy if you prefer, and is ment for people who has come out of puperty and understands all the ( funny ) reallife and gaming references he makes, the fact that bibi have chosen to post his videos over making his own proves this point.

I can also highly recommend you go watch his hilaruis videos called "chronicals of the goldfarmer"
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so you're saying TotalBiscuit isn't British?

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched his videos and enjoyed the graphical part. The way he talks, while irritating at first, became increasingly enjoyable as well. Then I listened to his podcast and after about an hour it became annoying again. It's just so unpredictable!

I guess the reason why I can stand his blasphemous ignorance is that I'm fairly prone to not being affected by other people's opinions in any way, shape or form. I just don't care!

@OP
    Since that was your two cents, then I'll just throw in mine:

1. The fact that he talks like it is a radio show, makes it awesome - I think it gives some more dynamic (and as far as I know, podcasts are just recorded radio shows?)

2. Okay, he may be quite ignorant with some things, and he know that he is himself. He then add in some of his awesome-awesome humour and makes fun of himself (like his very very very poor navigation skills, a thing he points out multiple times)

3. Who cares about the accent, really - His voice is epic and so is his humour (in my opinion, ofc ). The fact he sounds like some sort of boxing commentator + all the little things he adds = win! Ever since his Kungen interview as Nubcake News, I've been in love with that voice

And as a side note: I'm really a gnome-guy and even when he trashes them, which is all the time :P, I still laugh hard

Guess it's all just a matter of humour
    Last edited by itsDair; 2010-07-07 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Multiple spelling mistakes - there are most likely more of them :(

i personally incredibly enjoy total biscuit i thnk he is funny and his mannerisms always make me laugh, but i think the trick to most of his videos is to not take him incredibly seriously, like his 'that ysera i am told that someone important 'i think the response he intends to get is a kind of 'oh what is he like' feeling
    IT DOTH BE DOOMSDAY! QUICK WHERES THE PIE!!!

His accent doesn't bother me at all, he just says stupid things and he is really slow... His goblin and worgen videos were painful for me to watch because he just took so long to do everything =/

Deleted
    He speaks like that in real life, don't hold your breath.

I like his vids... considering most of the videos showing new zones etc don't even have commentary you could get the same results from his vids as other vids simply by muting the sound. I don't see a problem.

I have chuckled a few times while watching his vids. Ok he doesn't know all the lore and the reasons behind everything he uncovers in the remade zones but then who does... the game isn't even finished yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaelnas View Post
    This is my first time creating a thread on MMO champion, and sadly, it's a negative thread. I usually like all the videos that MMO champ puts up, (with the exception of the odd MMO report) but that TotalBiscuit, Cynical guy is a really bad podcaster.

Now I know there'll be replies of "I bet you couldn't do better" or "Your whining won't change much" or "Ur fake and gay" but when i saw Boub say that everyone liked the guy's videos, I thought i'd at least throw in my two cents to show that I did not, in fact, like his videos.
    If you share the same opinion, say so and comment, if you don't, comment anyway.
    your in the minority so deal with it or dont watch it /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Huuuum ...

Total Biscuit is the bees knees. /thread

Totalbiscuit is the MAN! <3 his videos.
    Last edited by Goregasm.; 2010-07-08 at 12:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    just turn the sound sound if you dont like him talking or dont watch it? 0o

i think hes a great podcaster and have enjoyed his current worgen videos seriously, hes taken his free time to show us none beta people what cataclysm is like..just be happy 0o

That's how he does stuff. No one orders you to watch.

Fail troll is fail.
    0/10

Speaking as someone who knows the man quite well, he is in fact British and the accent isn't faked. The man has a cynical sense of humour, and he also does radio-branded podcasting, much as I do. In fact we used to do a lot of shows together. And speaking as someone who also makes Cataclysm videos with the some polish and humour... I do wish people would truely be happy to we're taking the time to answer questions and make these videos.

Sure he and I are doing it to advertise our particular sites and possibly earn revenue to keep our sites going without constant personal financial investment, at least we're obvious about it. It's an interesting and quite successful way to drive traffic to our respective radio-branded podcasting sites.

Now as to why his got on the front of MMO-Champion... who knows, sponsorship perhaps or maybe he has pull with Boub. But I do know that it hasn't been a popular decision with everyone... you're not the only one who has taken offense it seems, but I still say to be happy someone is spending the time and effort to make these vieos. TB doesn't need to make them anymore than anyone else does.

Edited: For clarity
    Last edited by Oichi; 2010-07-07 at 10:00 PM.
    "I am The Dreadmist Man of Blizzcon, the voice of Deathwing and lead MMO Editor at www.blisteredthumbs.net. My ambitions are infinite, and so is my power. Cower mortals, for I am Oda Nobunaga, the Demon King come'th of the Sixth Heaven! I am both Man and Legend, and I can not be stopped!"