Thread: Total Biscuit.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oichi View Post
    Speaking as someone who knows the man quite well, he is in fact British and the accent isn't faked. The man has a cynical sense of humour, and he also does radio-branded podcasting, much as I do. In fact we used to do a lot of shows together. And speaking as someone who also makes Cataclysm videos with the some polish and humour... I do wish people would truely be happy to we're taking the time to answer questions and make these videos.

Sure he and I are doing it to advertise our particular sites and possibly earn revenue to keep our sites going without constant personal financial investment, at least we're obvious about it. It's an interesting and quite successful way to drive traffic to our respective radio-branded podcasting sites.

Now as to why his got on the front of MMO-Champion... who knows, sponsorship perhaps or maybe he has pull with Boub. But I do know that it hasn't been a popular decision... you're not the only one who has taken offense it seems.
    Lost my cool a little bit, told this kid to stop causing drama, shouldnt have done that in a public forum, look at quotes if you really care what I said.
    Last edited by Pride.omfg; 2010-07-08 at 08:32 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit View Post
    That's a great idea, I should start a fansite by that name. We could do WoW podcasts, only do them live. I could do a show, maybe call it, Green Plz! This guy is a genius!
    I lol'd so hard at this.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I read TBs reply to the OP in this thread and I fuckin' lolled. His videos are very interesting, while at times they are not the most informative, they certainly give me a laugh. As has been said before, don't watch it if you don't like it. Keep your opinion to yourself if you are going to do nothing but whine and complain.

I have listened to TB since before wow radio went bust. I have always enjoyed his podcast and his comedy which is hilarious! He is known to troll at every available instance and he does a great job of it. Making simple "errors" in the full knowledge that it will bait the true idiots. And, every time they bite, it is hilarious to watch.

TB deserves much credit. He has been doing what he does for a long time and is the best IMO at it. His comedy is great and unmatched.

And to TB: The more fame you have, the more haters you will collect. I say, collect them all like baseball cards, comic books, stamps or the like. lol. Some say you can measure your success by the numbers of positive responses. I say, you can measure success by the amount of idiotic hatred you draw to yourself. lol.

Keep it up! ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Long time lurker, first time poster. Wanted to chime in my support for TB. Long after I gave up on wow radio, I still listen to him because of his witty remarks and just down-to-Earth commentary.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruzan View Post
    Long time lurker, first time poster. Wanted to chime in my support for TB. Long after I gave up on wow radio, I still listen to him because of his witty remarks and just down-to-Earth commentary.
    This a thousand times over. I think a lot of people don't "get" the phenomena to be quite honest. The image and personality of TotalBiscuit is somewhat of an acquired taste, and if you've followed him since early Wow-Radio times you will probably have learned to love his style. I do miss Slanik sometimes though :<

Deleted
    His videos are preaty nice...they are informative, funny, good quality
    I find him quite ignorant, if he knows nothing about Alliance he should really leave those videos to someone else. He said Tinker Town was in Stormwind, and even Horde players know that's an error.
    No one knows everything that i know off :P.. At least is honest and says he doesn't know instead of trying to be a smart ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    The tinker town thing is kinda becoming a meme online, its been seen in mauradon, orgrimmar, stormwind, winterspring and on the back of a giant seaturtle standing on 4 giant elephants in space

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepstroke View Post
    I have become a fan since the videos found on mmo-champ.
    Same, I subscribed him on Youtube ;P

He has made a few videos since the last vid on MMO-champ (Azhara, Barrens, 1000 needles, Desolace, STV etc.)

I like his videos and his comedy style too.
    I even remember one in which he was eating his "shoe" cake.
    Just posting in case he reads it: Good job man!

I have enjoyed his videos. He's well spoken with a sense of humor. Not sure what his occupation is outside the game, but I would definitely consider taking it to the next level. Perhaps radio or television. If you read this reply Totalbiscuit and if you haven't already, you should at least consider it. You have the talent. GL to you.
    Last edited by Stonepony; 2010-07-08 at 01:05 AM.

Just to say, I never said that it WASN'T popular, I was just looking to see who agreed with me or not, obviously the stark majority has spoken. If someone just gives a little bit of criticism I don't see the point on being snarky about it, maybe just say your bit and move on instead of warping my post.

On the accent front, I tend to find that i'll like people more if they speak in their normal voice
    Also, i'm not a troll, and people have to stop confusing criticism or what I think on a matter with hate. I'm not a 'hater' ("HATERS GONNA HATE L0L")
    If you've got an audience then you're successful, good for you, I was just seeing if i wasn't the only one who thought that way.

On the guy saying that i'm jealous, the only videos that I did watch were the Orgrimmar and Stormwind videos- I don't want to ruin the Worgen and Goblin quest lines, personally.

I do however, support the playing of a Troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Culi View Post
    His videos are preaty nice...they are informative, funny, good quality

No one knows everything that i know off :P.. At least is honest and says he doesn't know instead of trying to be a smart ass.
    To reply to -you- personally, you lucky guy, there's a difference between either common knowledge and not being in on an 'in' joke and being a smart ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Tremelizzer View Post
    Cry more. I like his videos.
    Crying does not apply here. Caps lock or swearing or raging and foaming at the mouth were not employed.
    Last edited by Zhaelnas; 2010-07-08 at 01:19 AM.

I am glad mmo champ introduced me to him, i have his site bookmarked (so wouldnt miss them if mmo champ didnt put them up) but i see no problem with what he does, he gives a nice light hearted look at Cat content. Its nice to have a variety of content on the main page on this site (rather than same story for 24 hours running)

And as for the note about his accent? I am British, live in Britain and always have done.... and thought nothing of it. Sounds fine to me... i couldnt confidently say where in Britain his accent is from but at a guess i would say he is from some where in the home counties area perhaps? i really dont know but it didnt sound out of place. Your voice can be altered quite easily, i worked with a Yorkshire man once who spoke rather posh as he had elocution lessons at school (if you dont know Yorkshire accent then check it out its quite distinct), and wouldnt look out of place with the Queen in the way he spoke.

10+ Year Old Account
    tb's from newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    He is British. You can't really imitate a British Accent and be good at it for extended amounts of time. To me, "Cynical Brit" would simply mean he doesn't trust the spoken intentions of the systems we have here, which in all honesty, i think everyone in Britain could be classed as cynical and have a fair reason for being so.

I personally don't listen to him.
    This is wrong. Have you ever watched house. Did you know that Dr House is not actually american, he is English, and his voice on that show is nothing more than a fake one. Just because you cant, doenst mean others cant. And OT yeah his videos were rather annoying, I made it thru about 30 seconds b4 I turned it off and stoped the DL on the others.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by tumble View Post
    This is wrong. Have you ever watched house. Did you know that Dr House is not actually american, he is English, and his voice on that show is nothing more than a fake one. Just because you cant, doenst mean others cant. And OT yeah his videos were rather annoying, I made it thru about 30 seconds b4 I turned it off and stoped the DL on the others.
    Actually, there are points in each episode where you can tell he's British. Im from Scotland, just so people know, and maybe that's why I can tell. Also, to Synthaxx, I never said he wasn't British, I said it sounded warped.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedros View Post
    You know what I do when I find something I don't like watching? I DON'T WATCH IT.
    How do you know you don't like something if you haven't watched it?
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Im just glad that he makes videos for us, you don't have to watch them if you don't like them btw.

I actually really like Totalbiscuit, and I doubt you have heard accents from EVERY region of Britain, seriously, especially as accents are so diverse that they can differ from different parts of a single city.