Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Who here actually likes garrosh?

I'm convinced most people are hating on Garrosh after the rumor he kills Cairne (which has been disproved). I admit he's a little rough around the edges compared to Thrall, but then again, what orc isn't? Thrall is the ultimate mary sue of the orcs anyways-which is why he's becoming the new Guardian. Garrosh is prone to anger and perhaps is blood thirsty, but that just makes him interesting. Yeah, I'm aware Garrosh is potentially behind SI;7 attempting to capture/assassinate Thrall, but that is pretty cool in my book. Political intrigue is way more interesting than being some vanilla quest NPC who has no personality.

So yes, Garrosh appreciation thread.

I do and was it ever actually proven with facts that he was behind Thrall's capture attempt?
    Quote Originally Posted by GenghisBob View Post
    You headbutt your weapon to determine how sharp it is don't'cha?!

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that allows me to tolerate him is that at least something is happening nowadays. Once Varian chins him to death though it'll be the same political dribble it was Pre-wotlk

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks to garrosh we are ownin the alliance

I've only gained respect for him, I'm wary as to him otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Basj View Post
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Basj View Post
    Southern barrens?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like him, why...? Because hes revamped pretty much all of the hordes architecture and hes bringing his personality with him so the horde can have a bit of politics and a bit of conflict.
    Everyones a little pissed about him but why? He is actually bringing some new story whats wrong about that?

Profound scholar and master in lore in the high degree of Titan origins and the old god mythology....Lol jokes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    This.
    Maybe this war will follow the 2nd War's example perfectly. With the Horde winning initially until their internal power struggle eats at them from within and the Alliance turn around and /whipcrack them into camps. Except with Varian it'll be guillotine shapped tents

10+ Year Old Account
    Im still a little pissed how the alliance are using the old human towers, when they could use the northrend architecture with some colour changes like the horde are.

Profound scholar and master in lore in the high degree of Titan origins and the old god mythology....Lol jokes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trade Prince View Post
    Im still a little pissed how the alliance are using the old human towers, when they could use the northrend architecture with some colour changes like the horde are.
    You've not seen the Alliance base in Twilight Highlands yet then?

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    This.
    Oh, god...you're back.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Maybe this war will follow the 2nd War's example perfectly. With the Horde winning initially until their internal power struggle eats at them from within and the Alliance turn around and /whipcrack them into camps. Except with Varian it'll be guillotine shapped tents
    Can't deny the fact that Horde leadership seems somewhat strained, which lead to the downfall of the Horde in the Second War. I would say the Horde is better unified now that it was between Doomhammer and Gul'dan. Garrosh has the best intentions FOR the Horde, whereas Gul'dan was more focused on himself. Seems alot like the current Garrosh/Sylvanas situation.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Sounds like the average war movie right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Prince View Post
    We actually use the Northrend style a lot. We have one of those towers in Redridge, for example.

Though I agree that I would like it have became the more common style.

People relate to Thrall because he has alot of human qualities.
    So we personify him in that manner and like what he does and who he is.
    The reality is though he isn't actually very orclike besides his bravery in battle. (EG. Against Mannoroth)

In my opinion Garrosh is exactly what an Orc leader should be.
    He's smart enough to not ruin the horde based off the mistakes of his father.
    More importantly though he just has a bigger presence about him that Thrall to me. He commands. People obey.
    Thrall commands, people debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Oh, god...you're back.
    Hello

Who is Thrall a Mary Sue of?

And yes, on topic, I love Garrosh. He provides the energy the Horde has been severely lacking all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Danne9423 View Post
    Southern barrens?
    We also have an increased military presence in Swamp of Sorrows, Stonetalon (apparently), all of our "Shires", Western Plaguelands, etc.

---------- Post added 2010-07-07 at 08:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonak View Post
    People relate to Thrall because he has alot of human qualities.
    So we personify him in that manner and like what he does and who he is.
    The reality is though he isn't actually very orclike besides his bravery in battle. (EG. Against Mannoroth)

In my opinion Garrosh is exactly what an Orc leader should be.
    He's smart enough to not ruin the horde based off the mistakes of his father.
    More importantly though he just has a bigger presence about him that Thrall to me. He commands. People obey.
    Thrall commands, people debate.
    What do you mean? He's trying to take the Horde down the path of the Old Horde...what mistakes is he avoiding?

And by the way, Orcs aren't naturally like they were in Warcraft 1 and 2. They were originally peaceful and Shamanistic.

Horde needed a Garrosh, but with all the beta screenshots I've seen it looks like he is turning into a Hitler, killing anyone who he thinks is weak which will destroy the horde they need a leader who will actually lead them not mold it to his image.