Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nöx View Post
    'Soon'
    End quote
    You forgot the ™.

I'm hoping for Nov/Dec of 2011. That way I won't miss this one because of deployment.

I personally think they'll still push it out this year. I don't think all the content is polished or finished enough for that myself, but they'll probably just release it and patch everything else in.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Quote Originally Posted by lordreinhart View Post
    Hoping oct/nov, to give some months to play before SWTOR ;P
    ^^^^^^
    I concur

Based on the SCII beta, which didn't last that long, I guess the Cata beta will close at around end september, beggining october (only a guess, might be wrong), and the game will be released around the end of december for christmas... maybe december 21st, who knows :P

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Prince View Post
    i lol'd
    This is for you, the beta-less: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWDDma9KvAA

Soon™

Deleted
    November imo cos that`s when most hyped up games/expansions get released so they sell well for christmas. But the sooner the better.

15+ Year Old Account
    It should be before December. We are looking at a November or even an October release. The way things are going with changes having been implemented and the pre-Cata event ready to kick off, I'd say that it won't take more than three more months to polish it to satisfaction.

If anything, they will want to push it out soon after this year's Blizzcon and well before the Christmas break, when a lot of people tend to go away and guilds go on hiatus. No one wants to level to 84 only to have Christmas holidays hit and then have to take a break for a week while "everyone else" levels to 85 and starts running heroics.

That said, as a casual player, and someone who intends to level slower than I even did in WotLK, the release date is no biggie for me. Could be October or January and I will be happy to finally get it. I have to wait a few days anyway, because you can never buy expansions in Japan on release. Gotta get it shipped from somewhere else, ugh. :/
    For the Alliance!

You shouldn't consider them overhauling the talent trees the way they announced as them needing more time actually. If anything it may speed the talent revamps up because now they can actually get rid of all the bloat the trees have without having to figure out new talents to fill the gaps. It should make balancing and redesigning of the trees much easier and take much less time.

My bet, January to February of 2011. Simply because it's July and we just hit Beta. I think Blizz is going to take their time and get it right at launch (or as close to right as they can get) so they don't wind up shipping a broken product (which looks bad for them ,and for their publisher, Activision).
    We are the internet we dont care about you. We just want to poke you with a pointy stick
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    Furthermore to hate gearscore for 'denying you access to raids' is like hating your credit score for denying you access to a loan.

I would bet a large amount that if a Blizzard employee were to come and answer this thread in more then a 1 word answer (because we all know that would be "soon") then they would say, "When it is ready".

were is the vote?

2011, if thay have to add a new talent system after the beta is live it might take some time

Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    were is the vote?

2011, if thay have to add a new talent system after the beta is live it might take some time
    The new talent system is done. Next beta build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

10+ Year Old Account
    "By the next Blizzcon you'll hate Goblin rogues more than Gnome rogues"
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

TBH i think there is alot that were not seeing, sure the images/info and videos that beta testers have posted are riddled with bugs and place holders, but they have just released info on a complete talent tree overhaul for 30 different builds we knew they was removing some of the boring talents but 30 overhauls and specializations? I am sure the beta build that we have is bit different to the one they have.
    For me November at the latest.

Well. lets see... Hmm.. If history repeats..
    Launch, Nov 04.
    TBC, Nov 06.
    WotLK, Nov 08.
    Cat.... Im guessing Nov 2010. Lets see.

DISCLAIMER!
    Dates listed are from a poor memory, And do not in fact reflect acurate time lines. (Wow has fried my long term memory and attention span.) Please do not flame me to hard for.... HEY A TITANIUM NODE!
    Last edited by Onýx; 2010-07-08 at 02:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onýx View Post
    Well. lets see... Hmm.. If history repeats..
    Launch, Nov 04.
    TBC, Nov 06.
    WotLK, Nov 08.
    Cat.... Im guessing Nov 2010. Lets see.
    TBC was released on Jan 16th. I know this as it was my birthday ^.^
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    TBC was released on Jan 16th. I know this as it was my birthday ^.^
    Ya thats kinda why I remember it too.I had a late birthday present of it.