question about specific headphones

hello i am thinking about buying new headphones because my current headphones are noti deal. it takes a aaa battery because of the noise canceling which is becoming too expensive, and the ear piece is breaking.

i am trying to find headphones that are not in ear, and let you listen as loud as you want without other people hearing it. i believe the only way is to get over the ear headphones. perhaps because of this, i dont need noise canceling.

so pretty much anything that lets the sound be loud without others hearing is OK. if anyone has any suggestions under 200 that would be good thank you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jereminion View Post
    it takes a aaa battery because of the noise canceling which is becoming too expensive
    Ever considered rechargeable batteries? They pay themselves back preeetty fast.

You need closed-back headphones. They are the only on ear headphones with solid seal from outside noise. AKG K512 are very good, I believe they're around 60$. You don't need anything better for use with an integrated sound card or an mp3 player, keep the 140$ for something else :P

I wouldn't recommend getting headphones that you can have at 100% and nobody can hear them. There are some that work well but it depends on the distance, the background noise and a couple other factors.

If you do find ones that don't spread noise you'r ears will start to get sweaty from the lack of air flow.

I have these:
    http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...oryId.35209700

They have great quality, I have worn them for 2 days straight before without discomfort. Great sound quality and a nice bass depth.

If you want gaming headset with 200 budget, Sennheiser PC350 is the best you can get. $180 in Newegg

For just listening to music Sennheiser's HD series is quite popular choice in terms of availability, price and quality. $100-200 line and $200+ line.

Other quality manufacturers are for example AKG, Beyerdynamic and Shure.

Before buying anything, trying those on in store is a good idea to see how those feel for you.

I'm currently using Plantronics Gamecom 777 myself and am happy with it. These can be picked up for about $70
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2010-07-08 at 09:18 AM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I strongly recommend Logitech G35 for gaming. It's extremely durable and has an amazing microphone. It's also well insulated and comfortable.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam...s/devices/5095
    Last edited by Furbolg; 2010-07-08 at 09:16 AM. Reason: added link

Yes the Sennheiser/Beyerdynamic/Shure are indeed very good but it's an overkill to spend so much money on headphones without having a good professional sound source.

It's like buying golden 21" wheels to an old rusty '80 pickup :P

Deleted
    the Fatal1ty headset is pretty good, comfortable and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcin View Post
    Yes the Sennheiser/Beyerdynamic/Shure are indeed very good but it's an overkill to spend so much money on headphones without having a good professional sound source.

It's like buying golden 21" wheels to an old rusty '80 pickup :P
    Depends entirely on what the OP is using the headphones for. If it's $20 mp3 player then those are definitely overkill, but if those are plugged to decent home theatre amp or anything better than that, then it's whole another deal.

Having $200 budget kinda points to higher end music listening than cheap-ass mp3 player

edit:

Creative Labs does mostly shit, ie. vastly overpriced, and Logitech is 50/50 hit and miss for it's pricepoint. Just commenting on few recommendations on this thread.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Depends entirely on what the OP is using the headphones for.
    Exactly, let's wait for OP's response.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Creative Labs does mostly shit, ie. vastly overpriced, and Logitech is 50/50 hit and miss for it's pricepoint.
    I agree on this part. Headsets for gamers are shit. The Logitech is definitely better than the Fatal1ty but still I wouldn't recommend it.
    Last edited by Marcin; 2010-07-08 at 09:41 AM.

Normally I would stay away from fancy "gamer" Logitech stuff, but I bought my G35 dirt cheap on sale, and I was positively amazed at how good it was.