Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    What I'm thinking of is, have the factions that are necessary to grind (enchants and all that jazz) be easy, like with the tabards in Wrath.

Ones with little pets or mounts can be more of a grind. In reality, grinding isn't all that difficult MOST of the time, and you'll have all of Cata to do it if you want, so you can go on and off.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    less than 100g? Jesus, what server are you on? They sure aren't that cheap on mine. Cheap mind you, but not THAT cheap.
    Obvious exaggeration is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    No. All casuals would unsubscribe. Blizzard would start crying.
    I was a casual in BC, i hardly raided, the only raids i done in BC were Kara and Gruuls.
    Farming for the Netherdrake was what kept me busy when i logged on.

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    I wouldn't unsubscribe, I just wouldn't bother with those factions. TBH sons of hodir was a pain in the genitals after like 4 days.
    really? i got them to revered within a day and then left them alone for a couple months, and then came back and got exalted within another day, its extremely easy especially if you finish the whole quest line up till halls of lightning and then kill loken and by that time you should have like 5 dailies and a bunch of relics you can trade for rep
    80-Draenei Hunter-Padiraan: Brewmaster,Bloodsail Admiral,The Patient, soon-to-be The Diplomat
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    No, however, Boub is an asshole

yea i agree with cata they should have a lot of factions that you can rep with and gain mounts and tabards, so you can show them off in later expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameroon View Post
    wtf, why the hell do people do sons of hodir dailys when there is relics to turn in. You only need like 500 relics to get exalted! And guess what those 500 relics cost in ah? Less than 100g! And don't say that is too much...
    I actually *GASP* liked many of the Hodir dailies. That's why I did them. Yes, there's people who play this game that have different tastes than you :P

I would welcome new factions with new mounts. I didn't yet get my 100 mount achievement (taking a break), but I was working on it and fully intend to finish when I start playing again. Actually, even if they were reskins I'd probably still get my rep up for the mounts, but completely new mounts would definitely peak my interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by try View Post
    i'm also a casual and i hope there won't be anymore grind factions

why? because you would be really butthurt if someone gets something that is merely cosmetic and you don't, right?

people like you.....nah, there are enough threads about that topic

There's going to be 5+ new factions to grind with, as quests in the new zones are giving rep with those factions.

Completing all quests in Hyjal got me from neutral to 5000/21000 revered with the faction there.

Vashj'ir gave me a considerable amount of Earthen Ring rep, however a lot of quests there are severely broken so it's too early to tell how close you'll be.

Deepholm's quests give considerable rep with the faction as well.

Presumably Twilight Highlands and Uldum will have factions, giving us five, plus the new city faction for goblins/worgen. So six to start. Not too bad.

Lets hope for a few more reps than WoTLK. Not a hardcore rep hunter myself but I like chilling out for a few hours once in a while grinding some.

I really wished blizzard would make factions where you can actually grind rep
    Sons of Hodir isnt grind, you do dailies for them or buy relics. Sha'tari Skyguard without the dailies is grind.
    I'd rather sit down and grind mobs for a few days 2 hours each day than to dailies for 2 weeks straight
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

In my opinion i think grinding rep for factions is part of what makes wow so awesome and another way to keep players playing
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    In BC we had Blood Elves, which were pretty damn childish
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntler View Post
    i remember syphoning power from hellish beings and capturing and enslaving the very essence of what is good in the world to feed my crippling withdrawl to my addictions when i was a child

I personally love reputation, its what's keeping me in-game at the moment.

To the guys saying they'd like a new Netherwing grind - Why? Daily quests over and over again. Boring and time consuming over a large time-span (days). Nothing really exciting, or perhaps I got merely excited by the "oh, follow this mentally handicapped flying money" but that's it.

And don't get me started on Mag'har - easiest and (almost) most boring grind. Do all the viable quests and then kill off some mobs in Nagrand. They even raised the reputation gained to 10 rep per mob, which was an insane step up from what it was.

I didn't personally like the Hodir dailies (ugh, creepy cave) except for the "hold onto this drake, then execute it" daily.

I'd love something new, something creative and fulfilling. Don't know what it is, don't know how to do it, just feel there's a much better way to gain reputation with a faction. Something along the lines of a seriously long quest chain of obtaining certain items, perhaps doing a dungeon, going to a zone to assist some members of the faction in an epic battle, sell something on the Auction House, vendor some items, buy some items from a vendor - I don't know, just something new.

wtf, why the hell do people do sons of hodir dailys when there is relics to turn in. You only need like 500 relics to get exalted! And guess what those 500 relics cost in ah? Less than 100g! And don't say that is too much...
    Blizzard actually GREATLY buffed SoH rep, it used to be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY freaking harder. not to mention those tokens were MUCH more expencive for the first idk 6 months or so, maybe even longer

Quote Originally Posted by Joodoc View Post
    Blizzard actually GREATLY buffed SoH rep, it used to be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY freaking harder. not to mention those tokens were MUCH more expencive for the first idk 6 months or so, maybe even longer
    If I recall correctly it took 19 days of dailies to get to exalted?

EDIT: Acording to http://www.license-to-kill.org it used to take 27 days
    * Friendly to Honored – 8 days
    * Honored to Revered – 8 days
    * Revered to Exalted – 11 days
    Quote Originally Posted by Simbert
    You gain 4 additional girlfriends once you stop playing WoW. It is statistically proven that WoW equals 4 girlfriends. No one exactly know where they come from, but WoW is the only thing that prevents the world from being flooded with insane amounts of girls.

Actually, that is the sole reason we even play WoW. We simply could not stand all those girlfriends jumping at you at every corner of the street if we didn´t.

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    No. All casuals would unsubscribe. Blizzard would start crying.
    angry elitist is angry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shullski View Post
    One thing I really hope for their to be is more rep factions in Cata than their were in WotLK.

- For example, in BC, we have many unique rep factions. For example The Kurenei/Mag'har, which after a tough grind you got a very unique mount.
    - Cenarion Expedition exalted, also tough to get, a very cool Hippogryph mount
    - And Netherwing Ledge, which was a VERY rough grind, but a very awesome mount rewarded at the end.

More reputation where to get exalted takes days or weeks, or even longer, with unique rewards such as mounts, which are not simply reskinned. I would love it for these to be hard to get, so by completing it and getting the mount would actually be something you could ride around on and be proud of. Like my mage in BC, was a great feeling riding around on my Talbuk and Netherdrake.

What do you guys think. More factions for people who love new mounts ?
    Yes please.

i think that Rep is fun, but i hate to farm something, if its not atleast some funny things or quests you need to do to get rep. Argent Dawn rep is fucked up boring in my option.

Did you play or grind the rep before the nerf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    why? because you would be really butthurt if someone gets something that is merely cosmetic and you don't, right?

people like you.....nah, there are enough threads about that topic
    Don't bother, he's probably trolling.

I'm a casual myself, and I'll still grind if I want to, but ofcourse only to a limited amount, don't know about others, but I felt the netherwing rep grinding in TBC was decent enough. If people don't want to grind then no one's forcing them to.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice if they made a faction who's reputation would be gained via a large questline, something on the level of Scepter of the Shifting Sands (without the inital humongous grind of Brood of Nozdormu faction). That would be both fun and would take some effort and time. Good enough for everyone?