Scepter of the Shifting Sands - Gone!

Those images show that an island you need to go to during the chain, is gone. I think it's the one where Dr. Weavil hides, tho can't quite remember.

I also ran a little around to see if the island had just changed places, but no. The whole thing was gone. RIP the most epic chain through WoW history.
    Last edited by ChildeRoland; 2010-07-08 at 10:55 AM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pity the chain is gone, its quite epic. Now if only all the people that finished the chain and then cry that they can't have the mount and title would vanish as well...life would be good.

The island Dr. Weavil is on is off the coast of Dustwallow Marsh.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    Thanks, wasn't quite sure Still need to find the island I'm refering too, tho.

The chain went further than that, on a small island down the very south of Tanaris (needed waterwalking or a serious fight against fatigue to get there) with gnome and goblin huts. That island is gone :<

Aw well, finished that one a while ago on my hunter, glad I got to finish it before it goes!

Imo the quest chain was already disabled when they opened AQ always for new servers, without need of the quests (and turnins). But not sure.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Nah the Weavil island is still there on the other coast in Theramore, the island that has sunk in Feralas is the one where you had to grind the meat for the "The Isle of Dread!" quest, which is currently needed in live in order to get the game's only epic cooking recipe.

But yes, I agree, looks like the original epic chain is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Imo the quest chain was already disabled when they opened AQ always for new servers, without need of the quests (and turnins). But not sure.
    It can still be completed on live servers, you just don't get the mount or title.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalehan View Post
    The chain went further than that, on a small island down the very south of Tanaris (needed waterwalking or a serious fight against fatigue to get there) with gnome and goblin huts. That island is gone :<

Aw well, finished that one a while ago on my hunter, glad I got to finish it before it goes!
    Eeer. maybe read the OP? (a)

---------- Post added 2010-07-08 at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    It was still an epic chain, tho you couldn't complete it 100%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    Eeer. maybe read the OP? (a)
    Lol, he did, he was responding to someone else who didn't.

I got my sceptre just this week as well. Nothing to outwardly show for it but I'm quite content I did the epic chain.

It was still an epic chain, tho you couldn't complete it 100%
    The chain does exist in full except for 1 quest - the one that rewards the epic mount and Scarab Lord title. You can even complete the final quest and pick up a (now) useless but epic in every sense weapon from Warcraft lore.

You can still pick up a kick ass ring that allows underwater breathing, face summon-only world bosses, visit places you didn't know existed and play through some of the most lore-filled quests currently in game. I'd fully recommend it to everyone - do it while you still can!

Starts with What Tomorrow Brings.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=8597

This is the quest that sends you to the island that the OP is referring to. It's not Alcaz Island or the one in Feralas.

But is part of the same chain.

Edit: Ah yes, I assumed he was talking about the island that sunk off eastern Feralas but I see he's on about the ones due south of Tanaris. But they are all part of the same quest chain so I guess it's just more confirmation that this won't be possible in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    Lol, he did, he was responding to someone else who didn't.
    I read the OP. Was only correcting one part of it. Never said that the island he was referring to wasn't involved in the quest.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Deleted
    I read the OP. Was only correcting one part of it. Never said that the island he was referring to wasn't involved in the quest.
    Never said you didn't. You have quoted one poster, and replied to another.