Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Giving us the Glyphs they promised us.

Now that I just read the front page, and they decided to basically "force" (using this term lightly) us into a single spec, i think they should give us some unique-ness to our characters back.

And doing this in the form of Glyphs.

Blizzard said that they wanted the glyphs to feel like fun, interactive perks that don't just increase your damage but alternate the effects of our spells and abilities.

They already said they failed doing so, and don't liked the mandatory/boring glyphs.

Here's a few examples of those mandatory/boring ones:
    Glyph of Frostfire
    Glyph of Arcane Blast
    Glyph of Stormstrike
    Glyph of Explosive Shot

And now to show some fun/interactive glyphs:
    Glyph of Fireball
    Glyph of Felhunter
    Glyph of Quick Decay
    Glyph of Disease

The last glyphs are the ones who actually affect your playstyle, and might even go as far as gearing and rotational changes.

This is the kind of thing i want in return of my fun-specs being stripped away, without any of the glyphs become extremely more powerful then the other ones.

All glyphs for a certain spec should be within 5~% of power within eachother, so that you don't look like a retard if you take the reduced cooldown instead of the increased casting speed (for example)

Agree, or disagree with me. I just think the game needs something to set yourself apart from the rest, instead of everyone looking and playing exactly the same.
    Last edited by Baabinator; 2010-07-08 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Spelling and some other things
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator View Post
    Agree, or disagree with me. I just think the game needs something to set yourself apart from the rest, instead of everyone looking and playing exactly the same.
    I recall seeing them mention that the glyphs didn't work out the way that they originally wanted them to, and that they were putting some significant effort into changing that.

I say we wait until they release some new glyphs before we start badgering them about changing stuff.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isnt that what the new "medium glyphs" will do?

Also, beta:P

How did they force you into a single spec? Do you have any idea how the new talents work?

Learn how to read please because posting stupid stuff.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netram View Post
    How did they force you into a single spec? Do you have any idea how the new talents work?

Learn how to read please because posting stupid stuff.
    Yes I read it. I did say *take it lightly* because you won't be able to spec anything other then at LEAST 31 talent points in each tree, which i consider at least slightly constricting. Don't take it too heavily...

They did say however that they would provide better talent trees and individual talent decisions which is cool.

And how was anything i said even remotely stupid?

---------- Post added 2010-07-09 at 12:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    I recall seeing them mention that the glyphs didn't work out the way that they originally wanted them to, and that they were putting some significant effort into changing that.

I say we wait until they release some new glyphs before we start badgering them about changing stuff.
    And this is really good to know!
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

with the way they're giving talents based on your chosen spec, theres really no reason to need to spec out of that tree until it's time to sub spec. unless it's to do something retarded. in which case, that's retarded.
    85 Retribution Paladin | 85 Fire Mage | 85 Frost Death Knight | 85 Elemental Shaman | 85 Demonology Warlock |85 Arms Warrior | 85 Marksman Hunter