Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Tirisfal Glades] Scarlet Monastery

Some new quests as you adventure through the wings. The quest givers are the same in each wing, and they assume you take each wing in turn. One of them, Joseph, progressively loses his marbles lol, Joseph the Awakended to Joseph the Crazed to Joseph the Insane

The Dark Side of the Light in the Graveyard.

The Only True Path and Compendium of the Fallen in the Library.

The False Champion and Without Rhyme or Reason in the Armory.

Battle for the Scarlet Monastery and Right Under Their Noses in the Cathedral.

My other Cata posts:

nice...the more quests for SM the better =) still some of the best instances to level through.

I agree, although they get tiresome after you're near the end of out levelling them, they've always been my favourite instances and I welcome this :P

Thanks for the info.

I'd heard about the quest giver changes but are there any changes to the dungeon content or presentation?

For instance I've heard the Forsaken are battling their way into the monastery and that there are demons hanging around. Now both of these sound cool but considering the instance is still clearly "set" at a pre-Wrath point, as I imagine all non-heroic classic and TBC ones will be, it wouldn't make much sense.

I hope for the coolness factor these rumours are true but I wondered can you or any beta tester confirm? And if they are true what is the lore basis for having these new happenings in an instance set in the past?

Didn't see any demona, only that the two quest givers were part of a small group that were once Scarlet Crusade members but had turned against them. There is a small battle going on in the Cathedral between this group and the hostile mobs, but otherwise they're as they were.

I get the impression this Joseph fellow will become a new Heroic Boss, what better way to make sense of it all than to see these maniacs replace their lessers with even more crazy ritualism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to this, my first and favourite instance getting some love =D

Not that it's massively important but I found a breadcrumb quest in Arathi for this instance.

Another useless Tauren in TB...

(He gives the quest to get the book from SM)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    I get the impression this Joseph fellow will become a new Heroic Boss, what better way to make sense of it all than to see these maniacs replace their lessers with even more crazy ritualism.
    Why do you get that impression? And heroic boss where? SM isn't getting a Heroic mode is it?

Wut? 1.33G for each quest?

As if removing ability ranks did't make gold gain while leveling(ignoring gathering proffs) EZ?
    As always, apparently the one thing you can do in a duel that isn't cheating... is lose.

Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    Wut? 1.33G for each quest?

As if removing ability ranks did't make gold gain while leveling(ignoring gathering proffs) EZ?
    Yeah noticed that too. On the other hand the quests doesn't give that much experience. But 1g+ per quest is a lot at lvl 28-38ish.

Hmm. It is possible they did that just for Beta (hoping it). It would solve alot of problems for them there and allow people to try diferent specs and professions/glyphs...

That is, assuming there isn't a NPC that gives you glyphs and trains stuff for free. I can't say, since i'm not on Beta :P
    As always, apparently the one thing you can do in a duel that isn't cheating... is lose.

Isn't Mograine, ya know, dead? Lore-wise?

He was killed by his father's spirit within Corrupted Ashbringer in the Ashbringer comics, before Wrath. Either Blizz is dropping the ball or just lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavek View Post
    Isn't Mograine, ya know, dead? Lore-wise?

He was killed by his father's spirit within Corrupted Ashbringer in the Ashbringer comics, before Wrath. Either Blizz is dropping the ball or just lazy.
    Instances are frozen in time, hence the same mobs.

But yes if they are updating iconic dungeons then yes, they definitely should update SM to fit in the current story.

I'd like to see more froth-at-the-mouth fanaticism, perhaps with this mad Joseph fellow as a senior figure. Perhaps some overt Legion corruption - I was disappointed to hear the rumour demons were present on the Scarlet side were false.

Frozen in Time?

They are changing the whole Deadmines, possibly others (and hopefully the ones that are currently poorly constructed) will follow

Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    Frozen in Time?

They are changing the whole Deadmines, possibly others (and hopefully the ones that are currently poorly constructed) will follow
    And those, too, will be frozen in time. Sure they are updating it to the Cataclysm era but it will be frozen in that era forever, or until it is updated again.

Instances stay stuck in time, even the updated ones. They are a repeat of the same bosses. So if you go back to Razorfen Downs at 80 having downed Arthas it hasn't updated to a post-Wrath story.

I don't see how you can question that. They sort of have to be frozen as it were, or it would just be a phased one off.

Bit hard to NOT have the dungeons frozen in time unless Blizzard start to patch things or phase every single thing we do. That would make killing a boss only possible once, then he's dead lorewise.

Quote Originally Posted by Laukkanen View Post
    Bit hard to NOT have the dungeons frozen in time unless Blizzard start to patch things or phase every single thing we do. That would make killing a boss only possible once, then he's dead lorewise.
    Oh I wasn't complaining about it, just found it hard to believe anyone would disagree on that point so I assumed Flame had misunderstood me hence my spelling it out.

No complaints here, though I do prefer a bit of a shake up a la heroic Dead Mines every now and then.

They will be frozen in time during expansions, but between expansions Blizzard could change them at will acording to lore or as they see fit.

That's what I meant, and thats what they're doing to Deadmines, and they could do that to every single old World Dungeon if they want.

I don't know about comics lore, but one would think they would update instances as lore goes by? Duno, its up to them.