Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Gonna stop you right there. Party orientation is gone. It doesn't exist anymore, period. Holy Priests will no longer be "party oriented".
    Have they said it's gone? Last I remember they only said it's their aim to remove it wherever possible. They may not be able to completely - PoH will most likely cause them problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike View Post
    Have they said it's gone? Last I remember they only said it's their aim to remove it wherever possible. They may not be able to completely - PoH will most likely cause them problems.
    It's why there hasn't been an iteration of Prayer of Healing right now, they haven't even bothered with numbers because they aren't sure what the frak to do with it.

Holy Nova has dropped Group confines, already (as has Tranquility), but we're still awaiting balance for that Nova. My guess is a smaller radius, and AoE "Healing" cap. Not sure what they're doing with Healing Stream, or Vampiric Embrace.

Whether or not Prayer is, right now, the goal is that a raid is 10 or 25 people, not 2 or 5 groups of 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    It's why there hasn't been an iteration of Prayer of Healing right now, they haven't even bothered with numbers because they aren't sure what the frak to do with it.

Holy Nova has dropped Group confines, already (as has Tranquility), but we're still awaiting balance for that Nova. My guess is a smaller radius, and AoE "Healing" cap. Not sure what they're doing with Healing Stream, or Vampiric Embrace.

Whether or not Prayer is, right now, the goal is that a raid is 10 or 25 people, not 2 or 5 groups of 5.
    ok - that is pretty much what I thought then. Tranq they could make raid-wide and strong because it has a long CD, HN they could make raid-wide because it has a small AoE, healing stream & VE are both weak effects - so they can make them raid wide by just making them weaker still, but PoH is a conundrum.

The whole point of it is that it is strong, large AoE and spammable (though expensive ofc). I can't really see how they can make it raid-wide without breaking it in some way - well I suppose they could make it a smart heal but shammies would be rather upset!

They can't even make it a smart heal, because even to Priests: it would feel like Circle with a Cast Time.

They could turn Prayer into a Cone or Line effect (by "line" I mean like Orb of Flame), with a target cap or diminishing value.

Hmmm, maybe it could be targeted like Mass Dispel, hitting 5 targets. They could make it smart inside a smallish range although that could be too powerful. They could figure out some way of balancing but keep it at a 5 target limit instead of party, it may be easier to balance. Or maybe a 5 target heal at max strength, divided between how many targets it hits like Healing Rain.

In my opinion Holy Nova should heal all friendly targets within the radius without any kind of party restriction, but with a really hard penalization per target.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoros View Post
    In my opinion Holy Nova should heal all friendly targets within the radius without any kind of party restriction, but with a really hard penalization per target.
    There already is no party restriction. /sigh

If Holy nova becomes raid wide then perhaps holy nova could become stronger the longer you don't use it, if you go a long time without casting Holy Nova, the explosion radius becomes much larger, and it heals for much more, but then subsequent holy novas become weaker and smaller.