Thread: Blizzard's bias

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDusk View Post
    racials really dont make much of a noticable difference at all. they're minor, anyway most people roll races based on looks. i rarely see any min/maxers around.
    Stop playing with bads?
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Quote Originally Posted by xux View Post
    Stop playing with bads?
    Not everyone who chooses a race for reasons that aren't min/maxing are bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    Not everyone who chooses a race for reasons that aren't min/maxing are bad.
    What's wrong with other reasons tbh? If I was gonna roll a Horde healing class i'd definatly go Tauren because their animation is by far my favourite

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    What's wrong with other reasons tbh? If I was gonna roll a Horde healing class i'd definatly go Tauren because their animation is by far my favourite
    Nothing. That's my point. There's nothing wrong with choosing a race based on reasons other than the maximum possible potential that race might have.

15+ Year Old Account
    except you really only have 2 choices then: shaman or druid. if you want druid, you HAVE to be a tauren and at that point you can't see your animation since you're in tree form anyway. if you want a shaman for healing and you aren't an orc or troll, then you have failed...for PvE. tauren is fine for PvP.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    except you really only have 2 choices then: shaman or druid. if you want druid, you HAVE to be a tauren and at that point you can't see your animation since you're in tree form anyway. if you want a shaman for healing and you aren't an orc or troll, then you have failed...for PvE. tauren is fine for PvP.
    Not for long, soon it'll be 4 choices for healing classes on Tauren

Not for long, soon it'll be 4 choices for healing classes on Tauren
    and totally different racials making the argument void. People seem to be denying one fact though, that people DO pick racials to min/max. Shadowdusk please in all honesty try and tell me with a straight face, that the people who level an alt the exact same class and race and even spec in some cases to get more experience on a boss, would be above denying an applicant due to their racials being bad for their class. The people who try and get every TINY bit of potential out of their character, down to the T, would be above switching from say a tauren shaman to an orc shaman (again using swizzles example >.< they're just too good!) You can't because they're not. So far your argument has consisted of

"No they don't that would be stupid""No they do NOT"

Now what are you basing these asumptions on? On your own personal experience and thoughts? because what's stupid to you is normal to another, normal is subjective. Please at least back up your arguments with something other than personal bias

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    and totally different racials making the argument void. People seem to be denying one fact though, that people DO pick racials to min/max. Shadowdusk please in all honesty try and tell me with a straight face, that the people who level an alt the exact same class and race and even spec in some cases to get more experience on a boss, would be above denying an applicant due to their racials being bad for their class. The people who try and get every TINY bit of potential out of their character, down to the T, would be above switching from say a tauren shaman to an orc shaman (again using swizzles example >.< they're just too good!) You can't because they're not. So far your argument has consisted of

"No they don't that would be stupid""No they do NOT"

Now what are you basing these asumptions on? On your own personal experience and thoughts? because what's stupid to you is normal to another, normal is subjective. Please at least back up your arguments with something other than personal bias
    Yes, people do that. No, not everyone does that. No, those who don't do that aren't necessarily bad because they don't do that.

Yes, people do that. No, not everyone does that. No, those who don't do that aren't necessarily bad because they don't do that.
    Which is exactly my point

15+ Year Old Account
    shadowdusk said that people who raid high end don't choose blood elves for their superior racials, rather they're appearance. which is not true. most people don't like the way trolls look, but they still roll them because their PvE racial is just too good to pass up.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    shadowdusk said that people who raid high end don't choose blood elves for their superior racials, rather they're appearance. which is not true. most people don't like the way trolls look, but they still roll them because their PvE racial is just too good to pass up.
    Honestly, it was hard to determine what he said at all, it was so totally convoluted. I'm amazed anyone can make sense of it.