Poll: Should Casters be given a disarm-type spell?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should Casters be given a disarm-type spell?

My logic seems quite sound. If all melee classes (As well as some caster classes) have spell interrupts, should casters (as some melee already do) have a disarm ability?

Feel free to vote and post your opinion.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Fire mages already have one, but you hardly see many of them around. When I pvp as a fire mage, its was fairly useful, specially when rogues catch me off balance while I was sniping people at a distance with scorch and fireballs in bgs.

All casters have some type of way to root or cc melee while they can still nuke them. It wouldn't be fair to melee to finally get to the casters and then be disarmed. Most melee would be near dead by the time the root/cc is over plus a disarm.

Some casters already do. Spriests have a disarm, as well as fire mages iirc.

I've been in favor of Shadowflame disarming for a long time now. You set the enemy weapon on fire, making him drop it.....they need to do something special with that garbage spell.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Druid - Entangling Roots
    Mage - Frost Nova
    Shaman - Earthbind Totem
    Warlock - Fear
    Priest - [Fear]

Quote Originally Posted by Drakxon View Post
    All casters have some type of way to root or cc melee while they can still nuke them. It wouldn't be fair to melee to finally get to the casters and then be disarmed. Most melee would be near dead by the time the root/cc is over plus a disarm.
    The idea is "balance." The only way you could viably give a caster a disarm that is lacking much in the way of CC / survivability, would be make the disarm roughly 2 seconds or less, since that is the duration of any melee characters interrupt or silence. Since roots and snares last longer, many of which have no CD, theres not alot of point to it.

Better yet, look at it this way: Disarm duration reduction = a must. So your 2 seconds, would be one, or if you were absolutely haste capped, you would have 1 GCD worth of them killing you with their fists.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Druid - Entangling Roots
    Mage - Frost Nova
    Shaman - Earthbind Totem
    Warlock - Fear
    Priest - [Fear]
    You didn't read the thread did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    I've been in favor of Shadowflame disarming for a long time now. You set the enemy weapon on fire, making him drop it.....they need to do something special with that garbage spell.
    Quoted for truth. It's always seemed like a silly, tacked on spell to me.

Hells nah.

druids don't need it, warlocks don't need it, and shaman don't need it. Priests and mages have it if specced.

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=45783
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

nope, casters shouldn't be in melee range and should do what they can to get out of it if the distance is closed. Disarm ability would take away that mechanic.

Make this game require thought not just HULK SMASH NUKE.

No, casters already have range for melee. Having disarm mechanics is alright, but not a spell unto itself.

yes they can. but yes there op for range, but yet again look at melee....like 3/4 of em get a interrupt(silence) that locks out spells for 3-5 sec and what all of em are on a 10 sec CD? do the math....o and some of em have an actual silence w/o rely on using interrupts

so if it isn't fair for range to get disarm, then it isn't fair for melee to get interrupt

Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage View Post
    No, casters already have range for melee. Having disarm mechanics is alright, but not a spell unto itself.
    And melee got abilities to close the gap.

Ranged got CC, melee got occasionally both CC and stuns.

Melees get interrupts, Casters get... what exactly?

I have a disarm already and I enjoy using it on blade storming warriors.

Yes, because I play casters and feral.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhusk View Post
    so if it isn't fair for range to get disarm, then it isn't fair for melee to get interrupt
    to OP: yeah the logic behind it sounds quite good, but then you must realise that getting to a caster for a melee is always the hardest job, all have a form of CC or immobilizing effect to prevent that.

to the quoted: and its fair a mage can CC you in a million ways while others only have 1 or 2 ways?, E.G. frost mage vs any druid; mage - frost nova, pet that CC's, polymorph, ice armor (wich can cause to be rooted), ice barrier, frostbolt itself. adding a disarm to !FROST! mages would be severe overkill.

druid : cyclone, entagnling roots and natures grasp, adding disarm would also be overkill (when balance) would be overkill cuz if a balance druid gets you tied down, you are gonna die pretty fast...

priest (shadow) has one

warlock : fear, deathcoil, succubus, adding a disarm here would be okay, if it was on a 1 min CD and lasted for lets say..4? sec.

now lets see for melee's interupting (possible i might forget one or 2, don't know every class perfectly :P)

warrior : shield bash/pummel, shared CD, different stances

rogue : kick, 12 sec? CD

pala : HoJ, 1 min CD unless specced

druids : bash (dont know CD but talents reduce cd iirc)

DK's : mind freeze, silence(ranged one)

all blood elfs have that racial, 2 min? cd

so if you compare, casters got way more to keep melee's away from them then melee's got to interupt a caster

hence why i say no. dont give casters disarm, its bad enough hunters disarm you at 41 yards already>.<

10+ Year Old Account
    you mean like?

Profound scholar and master in lore in the high degree of Titan origins and the old god mythology....Lol jokes

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    With cloth getting increased armor and the same amount of stamina as plate, I really don't see having a disarm as a necessity for ranged.