'Transition' 5man Dungeon Changes?

Hello All,

I'm very curious as to what they will be doing with the level 60, 70, and 80 5-mans, or what used to be the max level 5 mans. Are players leveling alts going to have a reason to do them in Cata? They could do this by making loot scale more smoothly through transitions (58-62, etc.) or by changing the levels of the dungeon, but I have no idea if this has been done or is planned to be done.
    The only change I am aware of is to Scholomance, which is (from what I've heard) now going to be a lvl ~42 dungeon, and this was to match the changes to the rest of WPL.
    Anyone know of other change of this sort?
    Also, has anything/anyone been collecting data on the drops/bosses of the 1-80 instances to see any differences? Wowhead doesn't seem to have anything new outside of some quest items at the moment.

Thanks
    Ib

I think all of the original level 60 dungeons (except maybe UBRS) have had their level ranges lowered somewhat to match the zones they're in.

assuming you arent talking about heroics and just the regular 5 mans.

all of the "max lvl" 5 mans that were with wrath at launch are listed as either 77-80 or 78-80. ToC and the ICC 5 mans are listed as 80-82. that means that while leveling, if you queue up in the LFG tool when you are lvl 81 you have a chance to get HoR if you are in the wrath regular dungeon queue.

same goes for the "max lvl" TBC 5 mans. afaik the only 5 mans that have had level changes from vanilla are scholo and strath(the latter being split into 2 separate instances).
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    all of the "max lvl" 5 mans that were with wrath at launch are listed as either 77-80 or 78-80. ToC and the ICC 5 mans are listed as 80-82. that means that while leveling, if you queue up in the LFG tool when you are lvl 81 you have a chance to get HoR if you are in the wrath regular dungeon queue.
    This is exactly why I was asking about the gear and if the transitions will be 'smoothed'. It would suck to use RDF when you're 61, get in an UBRS group and get loot that is ilvl 63 when you could have run Blood Furnace for ilvl 88 loot. Also, if you have already gotten some outlands gear and get in an UBRS group for the RDF daily, you're already significantly overgearing the instance while you are in the level range. The BC/WotLK and WotLK/Cat transitions would have the same problem, but proportionally larger for each.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ib View Post
    This is exactly why I was asking about the gear and if the transitions will be 'smoothed'. It would suck to use RDF when you're 61, get in an UBRS group and get loot that is ilvl 63 when you could have run Blood Furnace for ilvl 88 loot. Also, if you have already gotten some outlands gear and get in an UBRS group for the RDF daily, you're already significantly overgearing the instance while you are in the level range. The BC/WotLK and WotLK/Cat transitions would have the same problem, but proportionally larger for each.
    They say queue for random bc dungeon, queue for random normal dungeon, queue for random wrath of the lich king dungeons, it bases which group you are in by your level and where you are at iirc for the random randoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ib View Post
    Except for the fact that UBRS is a 10 man raid and doesn't appear in the LFD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    They say queue for random bc dungeon, queue for random normal dungeon, queue for random wrath of the lich king dungeons, it bases which group you are in by your level and where you are at iirc for the random randoms.
    This. You queue up for random dungeons from expansion X (or vanilla).

I think all the dungeons will end up tieing in similarly to how they are now, but just adjusted slightly