Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

can I even get a beta invite?

May of 2009, my friend decided to use cheat-engine and speed hack. Needless to say, I got a three day ban. My question is, can I still get a beta invite? Or is my account not going to be aloud because I might hack in the beta? Even though I didn't do anything... but anyways. can someone answer this? thanks.

Tell me more about this "friend" of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Estride View Post
    Tell me more about this "friend" of yours.
    Come on trolls... just want an answer...

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
    May of 2009, my friend decided to use cheat-engine and speed hack. Needless to say, I got a three day ban. My question is, can I still get a beta invite? Or is my account not going to be aloud because I might hack in the beta? Even though I didn't do anything... but anyways. can someone answer this? thanks.
    I'm actually wondering a similar thing. I don't remember what I said, but I said something stupid in trade a few years back and I got a 72 hour ban :x.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaarrrry View Post
    I'm actually wondering a similar thing. I don't remember what I said, but I said something stupid in trade a few years back and I got banned 72 hours :x.
    Yeah pretty lame. I want to get a beta invite, I don't want to get my hopes up if I can't even get one.

I'm not 100% sure how the system works, but I do know that your account has been flagged. They usually monitor your account closely after the initial ban to make sure that you've learned your lesson. As far as beta invites are concerned however, I'm not sure if that would affect the outcome or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Soliden View Post
    I'm not 100% sure how the system works, but I do know that your account has been flagged. They usually monitor your account closely after the initial ban to make sure that you've learned your lesson. As far as beta invites are concerned however, I'm not sure if that would affect the outcome or not.
    That doesn't help much, bro. D:

The question which concerns ME about these bans is if it was done to you by a hacker, does it still matter? I'd hope not...

Best to just ask Blizz yourself. Nobody on MMO-Champ is going to have insider policy info like you're asking for.

Im wondering if i got banned for 72 hours from the forums for complaining to blizzard about real id if i could still get one. So yeah an answer?

no..
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

That doesn't help much, bro. D:
    Just figured I'd offer my 2 cents for what it was worth. :P

Anyone? Come on, please? i'm begging !

As Herecius said, it's best just to contact Blizzard and ask them yourself. No harm can come from that.

Yes, but how do I go about doing that? A post on blizz forums?

You can keep begging, the answers won't come from MMO-Champ, you'll have to ask Blizzard and see if they'll tell you, either with a GM ticket or simply by calling them up. Calling them is probably the best way.

Calling them... if you have the time to kill. E-mail would probably be the best option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude's not only rude and pushy, he's also completely helpless.

Don't wanna get your hopes up? How about you show a little mature self control and don't get them up at all. Don't get one? Damn, that sucks. Fall in line with the folks that have been playing since vanilla and have never got one.

Save the invites for the people with spotless records.

There's my "2 cents"
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

When i was still a newbie i used a walk on wall hack just for the heck of it ( it didnt even come in handy lol, just wanted to see it ). Got banned for 1-3 days cant remember it was too long ago. But i still got a beta invite to WOTLK bet. I dont know if it is the same with cataclysm though. gotta ask blizzard for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Dude's not only rude and pushy, he's also completely helpless.

Don't wanna get your hopes up? How about you show a little mature self control and don't get them up at all. Don't get one? Damn, that sucks. Fall in line with the folks that have been playing since vanilla and have never got one.

Save the invites for the people with spotless records.

There's my "2 cents"
    i'm not completely helpless? I was just seeing what looked to be the best option. Who said I haven't been playing since vanilla? you're cool.