Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

(Fanart) Eversong Wood Fan Map

For some strange reason the thing that most excites me about every beta build are the maps, i'm a map whore! and now I made maps!! Still in not knowing if zul'aman will be added as a full fleshed area by blizz (pretty please guys)i decided to make my own maps.

Then I started wondering, why did they changed Quel'thalas shape?? was squareness more easy? (well, yes) so I tried to made a map that resembled more the original shape of Quel'thalas

V2 (It hurt your eyes less XD)

Ghostlands (bluer than ever!!)

Last edited by TheDangerZone; 2010-07-10 at 08:06 AM.

the first map made go like "HOLY SHIT". But what level would that zone be ? Also it has no b.elf outposts for quests and such. It would be nice if that whole zone would be like the Wrathgate, but instead of a cinematic, you get one of those belf glaive throwers and destroy everything in your path (along with other npcs helping you)
    It would make sense, since the LK is dead, the amani trolls should be a greater threat to the belfs than the mindless level 10 scourge in Eversong. In Ghostlands however they could keep the whole scourge fighting thing considering it's close to Eastern Plaguelands.

"Dis was DEM land. TROLL land. DEM Amani was here before anyone! Da' elves and dere Alliance came to drive DEM out. But DEY never give up. DEY never forget...

Da' elves took HIS eye. HE cut off HIS own arm to escape 'dem... and now, 'de fight alongside da' HORDE!? HE SPIT on da' Horde! HE hate you, HE hate you all... But HE got a surprise for ya' now, so come on in...

De' Amani never give up! DEY never forget. DEY never die."

But this is not their land! THIS IS DEATHWING! DEM AMANI is now Zombified and led by Zombie malygos!

level 82-84
    with a NEW zulaman so that people who never saw it can experience it again .... ehm... no thanks
    but the zone would be nice

blizz should hire you to make those maps for them since yours looks way better then blizz maps ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    thats great work you have done, would be nice to be real maybe allow fishing in the lake? :P

I love your maps
    Do you have other works? That would be great to see more

Yeah, very clean and tidy!

Nice work, although I'd say the saturation on the colors is a bit to much. Also, did you use some kind of "clean" template to work with? An empty map-background, I mean. A map with just the "chart"-edges and the parchment-like texture on it, nothing more.

If you did use such a template, could you post a link here for download? I'm sure a lot of people, including me, would like such a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen321 View Post
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximen View Post
    Warriors will dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    I love your maps
    Do you have other works? That would be great to see more
    Same here, more would be so awesome.

Very Impressive, would love to have the source file if you would provide it Pretty please!

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome Amonra... Wy you don't made a map of Eldre'thalas o, maybe, Shadowforge? :S
    CHINA CALLED, THEY WANT THEIR WALL BACK.

Deleted
    Very nice, id love to see a map of Cataclysm Azshara, or Ashenvale if you will
    Keep up the good work

how did you do the letters btw? is it a font or did you just copy paste every single letter from other maps?:P

Deleted
    Great job!
    Since Blizzard does not want to update the lands of Quel'Thalas... luckily you have sufficient capacity to do it!
    However I believe that according to the Lore, Quel'Thalas was much larger and had more territories ...

I'd love to see one of Kul Tiras, or, if you are really up to it, a pre-sundering Kalimdor. Or Undermine! I could go on for hours :P

Deleted
    I have been researching and, the area proposed by Amonra on the first map is larger than what I thought at first. It would be an area approximately of the size of the area enclosed within the orange ellipse at the following image:

Nice maps man ! You have a real talent ! Keep up the good work !
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." -Mike Tyson

10+ Year Old Account
    The first one is nice. The second is a little too strong on the green, tone it down a bit and it's perfect

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the nice coments!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rycul View Post
    Nice work, although I'd say the saturation on the colors is a bit to much. Also, did you use some kind of "clean" template to work with? An empty map-background, I mean. A map with just the "chart"-edges and the parchment-like texture on it, nothing more.

If you did use such a template, could you post a link here for download? I'm sure a lot of people, including me, would like such a thing.
    I was more concerned by the saturation on the words, that is what it makes the whole thing pop out too much XD, i'll fix that.

Yeah, I made a background template croping and pasting free pieces of different maps (makeshift work yay!) also a mountain template and a water lines template. The water and grass are just recolors of the original base map. And the sprites are hand-made. I'll upload those things and the post them.

I was also working on a more purple backround for outland maps (i'll trow that thing in too) BTW some maps are in PSD format

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle View Post
    how did you do the letters btw? is it a font or did you just copy paste every single letter from other maps?:P
    its a font called "fritz quadratta tt" I'll also trow it on the file

Quote Originally Posted by _Northem_ View Post
    I have been researching and, the area proposed by Amonra on the first map is larger than what I thought at first. It would be an area approximately of the size of the area enclosed within the orange ellipse at the following image:
    Yeah, nice call! I had made a composite with my map and eversong/ghostlands, it was dangling in another thread

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/5...scomposite.png hotlink cause its kind of heavy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice! I like the maps the most too, but I also like exploring the game. Well... maps also give you the general idea of a zone too