Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ground mounts useless?

Flying Mounts in Azeroth, from what I remember (so much updates, I give up on keeping track) probably a whole lot more ganking in the PvP servers, I garuntee a red name in the sky every single time I look UP in Stormwind. But when you're in a place such as the Argent Tournament grounds, and you need to get from the Silver Covenant Tent to the Flight Master, are you going to Ground Mount? Wrong, you're going to fly, it's faster, it's funner, it looks cool.

I know Ground Mounts will BE THERE to use, especially by lowbies, but is that all they'll be? Lowbie transportation? My poor tiger is going to be for leveling only?

Battlegrounds...cities...Because something in me tells me that we won't be able to fly in cities.

Just imagine all the players on the roofs /spit ting down.

Quote Originally Posted by Viperdream View Post
    Battlegrounds...cities...Because something in me tells me that we won't be able to fly in cities.
    No, you are able to fly in cities.

Battlegrounds, Dalaran, most likely Tol Barad during battle, possibly enemy cities if they put in some anti flight so enemy factions cant paratroop into capitals
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    /bitchslap
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Fuck you, I was working.

Any battleground I spend more time on a Mount than foot, no thanks. I do enough hiking in AV yes I would love bigger battlegrounds but something more than, Mount, Cap, Mount, Kill 1 boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannandorf1 View Post
    Battlegrounds, Dalaran, most likely Tol Barad during battle, possibly enemy cities if they put in some anti flight so enemy factions cant paratroop into capitals
    I've been watching people play on beta and that what horde are doing atm......

A lot of mentioning about faction cities, I hope it's not allowed, or at least GOOD air guards because we will always find loop holes around it. Nothing stopped me in Burning Crusade and look at guards now they're getting 1 shotted by some classes. I find places all over Dalaran I can fly in. Back to the topic, shooting a Horde off their mount to drop into the city? That's what they would want. Idk how some people do it but I've even seen Hunters survive a 500ft drop (before disengage existed)

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    I've been watching people play on beta and that what horde are doing atm......
    What are they doing? Tell us some stories from the inside!!
    LET YOUR BIRD EAT ITS BEAK

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rofl View Post
    No, you are able to fly in cities.
    That sucks. They should instead spread a few "starting platforms" like the tower in dalaran over the cities, so you can still leave the city flying, but having people fly from the bank the the auction house in SW? That's ridiculous

I'd like to see ground mounts with special abilities... like cloaking or something like that. Stuff that flying mounts don't have. This would be cool
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
    Mahatma Gandhi
    Ennoria(Draenei) - Evilcobra(Human) - Talizorah(Night Elf) - Ahsoka(Blood Elf)

Deleted
    I'd picture it'll be like Dalaran.
    After a certain height you'll be kicked off your mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    That sucks. They should instead spread a few "starting platforms" like the tower in dalaran over the cities, so you can still leave the city flying, but having people fly from the bank the the auction house in SW? That's ridiculous
    Yeah cause you can use your mount inside and having loads of people blocking each other people with there epeen mounts will make me look at them more yeah I see no reason to not fly in streets if only u could like fly on your side so your vertical not horizontal to fit through gaps and stuff. Thats would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    It's called Beta test for a reason. This is not definate, and as you can fly even inside of the buildings, I dare to say, it'll change yet.
    It is said, there's no sin in killing a beast. Only in killing a man. But where does one begin, and the other end?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanai View Post
    It's called Beta test for a reason. This is not definate, and as you can fly even inside of the buildings, I dare to say, it'll change yet.
    Yeah I have a feeling when Cataclysm comes out we'll all be saying "LOL I know we were actually able to FLY in Stormwind, proto was covering up the entire auction house lol" I'm sure there were plenty of memories similar to this in previous Betas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle View Post
    Yeah I have a feeling when Cataclysm comes out we'll all be saying "LOL I know we were actually able to FLY in Stormwind, proto was covering up the entire auction house lol" I'm sure there were plenty of memories similar to this in previous Betas.
    Hehe, yea.. I still wish I got an invite though WotLK beta was fun
    It is said, there's no sin in killing a beast. Only in killing a man. But where does one begin, and the other end?

To all the people saying 'omg its in the beta lol', you can ghostwolf indoors, and randomly get dismounted over certain areas, and are even allowed to mount in some buildings.

As you said you can fly in the buildings at the moment in beta. Which suggests to me that you won't be able to fly in the cities when it launches. If the entire city is covered in a No-Fly Zone then why bother flagging individual buildings for it?

Suspect it's just the fact the No-Fly Zone isn't in yet =)

Quote Originally Posted by Ammikaameri View Post
    In my opinion, flying mounts should be made slower compared to ground mounts. Yes, it won't make much sense considering some flying mounts, but still it would keep ground mounts alive.
    You said it yourself, it won't make any sense whatsoever. Which makes your idea terrible. The ground mounts will still be what they are for lowbies and in battlegrounds.

I spent 17,000 Gold on my mekgineer's Chopper, a silly expansion isnt going to stop me from doing what i've allways done with it. Sit in the citys and look Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

---------- Post added 2010-07-09 at 10:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion Cobra View Post
    I'd like to see ground mounts with special abilities... like cloaking or something like that. Stuff that flying mounts don't have. This would be cool
    Cloaking? TUNDRA MAMMOTHS DISAPEARS!
    Geeza aka Parilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperdream View Post

Just imagine all the players on the roofs /spit ting down.
    i imagine somthing more like this

http://www.birdwatchersdigest.com/bl...ing-792070.jpg

or

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/54/12...e95ab9e1a7.jpg