Thread: Choir Leader

Choir Leader

If this talent stays, they just need to make it reduce damage taken by 50% while chanelling divine hymn and it will become one of my favorites. I always have bad experiences with trying to save lives and getting the shit beaten out of me when casting this stupid spell. I'd also prefer if they added more ticks to hymn of hope instead of reducing channel duration.

Edit: I picked 50% less while chanelling because that's what the new improved tranquility is meant to do if i'm not mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic View Post
    Edit: I picked 50% less while chanelling because that's what the new improved tranquility is meant to do if i'm not mistaken
    Yeah it is, just for future posters info

That's damn true. It's only too bad that they're doing it for Tranquillity then, because that just means that they won't use the same design for Divine Hymn. Choir Leader as we've seen it so far doesn't strike me as a must have for anything really.

Even if all the talent trees and the whole talent system gets completely revamped, I strongly doubt I'd want to spend points on improving spells with such a massive cooldown. But who knows what we'll be like in Cataclysm...

If Choir Leader had the 50% damage reduction, I'd take it for PvP, maybe some PvE depending on other talents. If it had a cooldown reduction for both hymns, I'd take it for PvE. If it was the "heal yourself, and shorter channel for Hope", I wouldn't touch it with a 50 000 yard Mind Vision.

I like Choir Leader idea, feels optional and can make feel a holy priest different from another. However the beta version was really underwhelming. I don't like the idea of Divine Hymn as a survival spell. I would prefer a talent that reset its cooldown 2 min for every tick lost when it gets interrupted.

I don't care about Hymn of Hope. When I channel it I feel that I'm losing my time.

Well, Zoros, here's an idea:
    "Choir Leader, 1 point. The cooldown of your Divine Hymn is reduced by 2 minutes, and your Hymn of Hope no longer requires channeling. Any effect that can silence, interrupt, or causes loss of control of your character will cancel the effect".

Turns Hymn of Hope into a mana restore Starfall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Well, Zoros, here's an idea:
    "Choir Leader, 1 point. The cooldown of your Divine Hymn is reduced by 2 minutes, and your Hymn of Hope no longer requires channeling. Any effect that can silence, interrupt, or causes loss of control of your character will cancel the effect".

Turns Hymn of Hope into a mana restore Starfall.
    But that'd be so OP! How can you possibly stop a priest getting full mana back if it uses starfall mechanics :O

All jokes aside, I think it'd be a pretty cool design. Would need some sort of very visible animation so people get a clue when to stun you though.

I absolutely agree, completely, that if it was to fall under Starfall mechanics it would need to be visible. Balance is key, afterall. I'm also of the opinion this should be a second tier Holy talent, letting Discipline, and to some extent potentially Shadow, reach it as well.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    or probably allow hymn of hope and divine hymn to be cast while moving. and instead of Choir Leader as talent name, I suggest Doxology or Litany.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2010-07-12 at 08:58 AM. Reason: error